So I saw this is being released on DVD next Tuesday (the 10th). Took a peek on Amazon to see what kind of extras this would have. I held off on the "Gold Classics" release because I wasn't too impressed with the exras.
This is what the new DVD will have (according to Amazon):
Ummmmm.... not very impresive at all. I know this film was done when Disney's animation department was in a slump, but it's actually my all-time fave of theirs. I remember some old "sneek peek" special of the making of the movie that was hosted by Haley Mills back in like 1980. Why not include that? This movie really had an "all-star" voice cast for its time... Kurt Russell, Mickey Rooney, Sandy Duncan, Pearl Bailey, Jack Albertson, a very young Corey Feldman and of course the infamous Paul Winchell (aka Tigger)... and deserves much more respect than this.
- Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Unknown Format), Spanish (Unknown Format)
- Sneak peek of The Fox and the Hound 2
- DVD storybook: New Best Friends
- Sing along song: "The Best of Friends"
- Two animated bonus shorts
Okay I'm done ranting. I'll still buy it because I only own it on VHS right now.