Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• done

We bought our tickets for the El Capitan's October 19 show when we were there to see POTC2 in July.

Oh, and you don't have to spend the extra money on the VIP seats. You can just get regular seats. We think the VIP seats are worth it though, and that's usually what we get. We even have our favorite seats.
    Last edited by cstephens; 10-11-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D

Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of theaters? This is one of my all time favorite movies! Apparently St. Louis isn't cool enough to get a showing and I have a sneaking suspicion that Chicago is the closest place that will have it. However, if there's a list of all theaters showing it, I could look for somewhere closer.

• Across From DL

Cool Re: Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D

Vafarmboy If you go to www.amctheaters.com and click the AMC nearest you an advertisement for Nigtmare will pop up, click on it and enter your zipcode to find a theater nearest you.

And if you would like cheaper seats than Universal AMC 24 Pleasure Island tickets are only $11.00 and $9.00 for Matinee. Sure hope this is a good Movie!

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by vafarmboy View Post
    Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of theaters? This is one of my all time favorite movies! Apparently St. Louis isn't cool enough to get a showing and I have a sneaking suspicion that Chicago is the closest place that will have it. However, if there's a list of all theaters showing it, I could look for somewhere closer.
    We ran the story here:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41067
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Don't forget that Tim Burton is on Leno tonite to promote NBX in 3D. He's a very funny guest so you guys should try and catch it if you can. I don't want to ruin it but he takes a light jab at Disney's marketing team.

Jennifer Love Hewitt and Barry Mannilow are the other guests.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Don't forget that Tim Burton is on Leno tonite to promote NBX in 3D. He's a very funny guest so you guys should try and catch it if you can. I don't want to ruin it but he takes a light jab at Disney's marketing team.

Jennifer Love Hewitt and Barry Mannilow are the other guests.
    Sweet...thanks. I'll have to set my TiVO to that because I'll probably be knocked out before he's on.

• Senior Minion

I'm going on friday with a friend. My mom and dad don't want to go, so i'm dragging my friend with me, since I hate to go to movies alone.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

CastMember_02, when I do that I get the message "Sorry, tickets and showtimes are not showing up for your area.
    Please try another location or date.
    We update info daily, so please check back soon." No local area codes show anything

ALIASd, Thanks for the link. The prnewswire link was just to the homepage, but with a little creative clicking I found the original release with the theater list. Now to find where the closest theater is!

• Happy Memories

Apparently the closest place for me to see it is Orlando. I'm thinking it might be worth the drive though.

• Drunk On Disney

I am going to drive a little over an hour to see it in King of Prussia PA. It should be amazing! It will seem odd to see it in 3D!

• Circle of Ancients

Seems the closest one to us is in Thousand Oaks. I just hope it's still playing there the weekend of Nov. 3rd since we will be gone.

I found it odd that it's not playing at DtD in Anaheim or Orlando, at least not that I saw.

Looks like the closest place is Kansas City, which is a 3.5-4 hour drive away

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I'll be going the day after we get back from the WDW trip, Oct. 30, at El Cap. I wasn't all that excited about it until reading reviews. Now I cant wait!

I mean not of the movie, I already have seen it and own it and have loved it since I saw the first snippet at the 1992 Disney stockholders meeting. I mean the 3D version. Just clarifiing.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I found it odd that it's not playing at DtD in Anaheim or Orlando, at least not that I saw.
    Odd. A friend of mine told me yesterday that it was playing at DTD Orlando.

• done

We went to the screening last night at the El Capitan. Traffic on Highland was a nightmare so I ended up being a little late for the panel discussion, but it was still fun. However, I completely forgot to bring the camera, so I suck. The two box seats on either side of the stage were nicely decorated. The right side had Jack as the pumpkin king, and the left side had the monster snake thing that's the fountain in Halloweentown

Highlight was having Ken Page there and he sang Oogie's song live.

Movie itself was good. It's been ages since I've seen it, so it was nice to see it again, and while I like the movie, I've confirmed I'm not a "Nightmare" fanatic - I really just like how they incorporated it as HMH.

We went next door after the movie, and it was a madhouse. It's a little place as it is, and *lots* of people were in line to buy merchandise. Add to that the people waiting for a table at the Soda Fountain, and then add to *that*, the moderator of the panel discussion has a "Nightmare" book out, and he was doing a book signing in a little space sorta in the middle between the Studio Store and the Soda Fountain. Packed madhouse.

The Studio Store has a lot of "Nightmare" merchandise, but I don't know how much of it is new. The store was nicely decorated though, with "Nightmare" stuff in the window and an arch with Jack's head over the main merchandise. They also had some nice pins, including a 3-D one with the gang at the movies in their 3-D glasses and another one with Jack and Sally sharing a sundae with Oogie serving them.

We also went to the Soda Fountain. It took a lot longer last night to get a table than on previous visit. They didn't seem to have enough people working because there would be empty tables that weren't being cleared for a while, and even after they were cleared, they wouldn't seat people there for a while.

The Soda Fountain has added a lot more food items, which started last night. They have soup in a breadbowl, chili in a breadbowl, pastrami sandwich, french dip sandwich, tuna salad sandwich, BLT and Mickey Mouse Belgian Waffle. There's also a special dessert called Jack and Sally's Treat which has two scoops of pumpkin pie ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and sprinkles. It also comes with a pin - the Jack ears pin. The pumpkin pie ice cream was pretty tasty, though it's very rich - even with both of us sharing one sundae, we didn't finish it.

There's also a new pin trader's delight sundae, which is pretty much two scoops of whatever ice cream you want, hot fudge, marshmallow good, whipped cream, Mickey sprinkles and a cherry, and that comes with a special pin as well.

We left at about 10:40, and there was already a line for the 12:15 showing - all three shows last night were indicated as being sold out. Since they won't be having the book signing on other nights, that will help the crowds, but if you're gonna shop at the store, going before the movie is probably a better bet if you can get there early enough. I like that they've added more food items to the Soda Fountain so you have more choices.

They're gonna make a boatload of money during this run of "Nightmare".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast