• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Books on the Disney hotels?

I know there is a book detailing the history of Disneyland hotel (Disneyland Hotel: The Early Years 1954-1988 by Donald W. Ballard), but I was wondering if anybody knew if there were any books on the designs of the Disney hotels around the world, either in or out of print? (A Disney Edition preferably)

Otherwise, any websites that compare an contrast the hotels internationally.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Books on the Disney hotels?

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I know there is a book detailing the history of Disneyland hotel (Disneyland Hotel: The Early Years 1954-1988 by Donald W. Ballard), but I was wondering if anybody knew if there were any books on the designs of the Disney hotels around the world, either in or out of print? (A Disney Edition preferably)

Next time you are in the State Library, get 'Building a Dream' by Beth Dunlop out of the stack - It's more about Disney Arcitecture under Eisner in General, but there is a fair bit on the WDW and DLP hotels...

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    Next time you are in the State Library, get 'Building a Dream' by Beth Dunlop out of the stack - It's more about Disney Arcitecture under Eisner in General, but there is a fair bit on the WDW and DLP hotels...

Cheers, Doc.

Looks like we have it at my new university library job! Lots of other Disney books there too, strangely enough.

Either that or I'll try and grab it through our Inter Library Loans mechanism.
    Last edited by Loomis; 10-11-2006 at 01:43 PM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post

I am presently researching this very topic for a book on this. I am also looking into a continuance on my book to cover the years 1988-present on the Disneyland Hotel.

www.magicalhotel.com

• World Traveler

I'd love to have a nice hardcover book about all the Disney hotels. That's be great.

I have one of a Tokyo Disney guide on their hotels, which is nice, but in Japanese.

Also, I have a smaller pamphlet type book that has some of the more interesting buildings made during the Eisner era.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post
    I am presently researching this very topic for a book on this. I am also looking into a continuance on my book to cover the years 1988-present on the Disneyland Hotel.

www.magicalhotel.com
    Look forward to it! Thanks for the heads up.

Having only every stayed in one Disney hotel (Disney's Hollywood Hotel in Hong Kong), I'd be curious to see a comprehensive overview of the various designs that went into the hotels around the world - with lots of photos of course.

The hotels are never given as much emphasis as the parks in terms of design books, but their attention to detail can usually make the difference between a good stay and a great stay.