Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• World Traveler

Re: Did anyone pick up the Fox and the Hound yesterday

I must admit that I've never seen Fox and the Hound. Maybe I'll have to change that soon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I love this movie! I remember watching it at a friend's birthday party when I was little.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Practically Perfect

I picked it up on Tuesday, and ran home to watch it. I hadn't seen it in SO long I honestly forgot a huge chunk in the middle! I admit this movie is very sad, and there's something about it that just sets it out from a lot of other Disney movie...and I'm not quite sure what it is.

I really like it however, and to me there are SO many moments that I'll never forget: the classic hound dog line, the way Todd looks up at Big Momma in the beginning, and the whole bear scene at the end! It is differnet in ways from other Disney movies, but I still really like it.

As for the whole widescreen thing, that actually almost made me decide not to buy it...but I didn't own it at all so I caved in. I'm not sure what the deal with that is, but here's a good website on that (along with a lot of other Fox and the Hound info):

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/foxandthehound-25th.html

Blog Entries

That review gives all my complaints with the release of this version succinctly. The story still shines through, but I was highly disapointed with the supposed refurbishment to the film and the bonus extras.

• Drunk On Disney

I have read more than one reviewer question what the actual ratio of Fox and the Hound was.
    The few cels I have seen seem to indicate a full screen ratio. It wasn't completely uncommon to do this when this film was released.

I don't care if it's full screen or widescreen, I just like to see films in the original aspect ratio.

When watching the film, I never felt like I was missing anything and I never noticed a "pan."

As for the bonus features, I felt a little cheated. I had the previous release and traded it in to get this one. I didn't know that the "making of" would be only 6 minutes.

I have decided to take a much more careful look at the Disney DVD re-releases in the future. For instance, I am not getting the new version of Robin Hood, the original DVD will suffice.

Blog Entries

All I had was the VHS so I didn't feel cheated, but I was disapointed in the lack of bonus features. What was there just felt like fluff that was just thrown in to fill up the disk. For instance, what do the two animated shorts have to do with the fox and the hound? Nothing that I'm aware of. I would have much rather seen a very in depth documentary of around 25-30 minutes on making this movie rather than the 6 minute thing we got. It was a nice 6 minutes, but it left me wanting much much more.

If that was the original ration then no problem. I was just surprised.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I remember seeing that movie in the theater with my best friend. We both took away a lot from that movie. I just bought it today!

kcnole, did you know they are making a part 2? I know a lot of people don't like the part 2 movies, but it might be fun for you to check it out since you like the first one so much and it will be a chance for you to revisit those characters again.

Blog Entries

kcnole, did you know they are making a part 2? I know a lot of people don't like the part 2 movies, but it might be fun for you to check it out since you like the first one so much and it will be a chance for you to revisit those characters again.
    Yes, I saw that and to be honest it looked horrible. It didn't seem to fit in the same world that the first movie came from. The world from the first movie was dark and gritty but with some humor added in. This one looked way too cheesy for me to get into. The characters just honestly don't fit in. It just seems like an entirely different universe that these characters might come from.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I still need to get my copy. Will probably pick it up this weekend. Thought about buying it when I go to WDW next weekend but Best Buy or Target probably has it cheaper.

This is also my all-time fave Disney flick. I had the Tod & Copper plushes you had to send away for. I have the 12" picture disc record that tells the story and uses soundbites and music from the movie.. I had the novelization of the script as well so I know the whole movie pretty much by heart as a result.

Tod: Whatcha smellin'?
    Copper: I'm on the trail of somethin'.
    Tod: Trail of... what?
    Copper: I don't know yet...
    *Copper smells Tod*
    Copper: Why it's... it's you! ARRRROOOOO!!!
    Tod: Why did you do that for?
    Copper: We're SUPPOSED to do that when we find what we've been trackin'!

I remember I wanted to see the Fox and The Hound and no one yels did but it is still hold a sweet place in my heart. I just remember I fell in love with the Hound. Thanks for the memory flash back.
    Lorraine Erickson
    BIG HUG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12