Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Live-action 'Bratz' movie dolling up

McNamara has a Passion for Fashion

OCTOBER 17, 2006 - 11:49 AM

Sean McNamara has come on board to direct the live-action feature “Bratz,” based on the popular doll line. John Doolittle is writing the screenplay, which follows Yasmin, Ari, Cloe, and Jade, 4 very different teenage girls from different worlds who bond over the ups and downs of adolescent life at Lewis & Clark High School. The girls learn the value of real friend ship in spite of the social pressures of school, family and the expectation to be cool. Production is tentatively slated for early February in L.A.
    http://productionweekly.com/2006/10/...n-for-fashion/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Live-action 'Bratz' movie dolling up

Oy. Please no.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Where are they going to find actresses with no noses?

• Princess of my own world

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    And which actress are going to get their lips pumped that large? This is crazy. I am anxious to see who they get as actresses just out of pure curiousity as to what they look like.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrncssZ View Post
    And which actress are going to get their lips pumped that large? This is crazy. I am anxious to see who they get as actresses just out of pure curiousity as to what they look like.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post

Hilarious!!!!! That's all I have to say. But the problem is they'd need three more....

Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Banned User

And which actress are going to get their lips pumped that large?
    You know, not all of us need collagen injections. Some of us have very naturally large lips.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

The actresses also need to be really skinny with bobble type heads.
    Lindsay Lohan?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    The actresses also need to be really skinny with bobble type heads.
    Lindsay Lohan?
    In order to encourage women to become anorexic? No thanks.

Ever notice how none of the superhero characters ever REALLY are as muscular as they're drawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Janie View Post
    In order to encourage women to become anorexic? No thanks.

Ever notice how none of the superhero characters ever REALLY are as muscular as they're drawn?

She was mainly just referring to how the dolls are made. I agree that if this is really going through and stuff the girls should be as realistic as possible.

But if they're going to match the dolls then you have to go skinny with bobble heads like Lindsay. I just don't see how this is going to work though with the way the dolls are made. Just like you've never seen a live-action Barbie movie (at least I haven't). Some things were just meant to stay animated.

Wildcat Projects

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

She was mainly just referring to how the dolls are made. I agree that if this is really going through and stuff the girls should be as realistic as possible.

But if they're going to match the dolls then you have to go skinny with bobble heads like Lindsay. I just don't see how this is going to work though with the way the dolls are made. Just like you've never seen a live-action Barbie movie (at least I haven't). Some things were just meant to stay animated.
    Can you read my mind? I think you can because this is exactly what I meant.

• Banned User

I just don't see how this is going to work though with the way the dolls are made. Just like you've never seen a live-action Barbie movie (at least I haven't). Some things were just meant to stay animated.
    Can't say as I disagree with that. It'll probably be more along the lines of that Josie and the *****cats movie with Rosario Dawson, though. Not so much a faithful adaptation but more like "inspired by" the Bratz doll line and animated movies.

EDIT: are you kidding me? The word P-U-S-S-Y-C-A-T-S gets censored?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Ugh. I loathe Bratz. Dolls, clothing, toys all of it. If I had a daughter I would NEVER buy any of it for her. I am so sad to see they are still doing well enough to make a movie about them. It's just the image our little girls need to look up to.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    Ugh. I loathe Bratz. Dolls, clothing, toys all of it. If I had a daughter I would NEVER buy any of it for her. I am so sad to see they are still doing well enough to make a movie about them. It's just the image our little girls need to look up to.
    I have 2 daughters and they always ask for Bratz stuff. If theres one thing their dad and I agree on, its no Bratz.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I have 2 daughters and they always ask for Bratz stuff. If theres one thing their dad and I agree on, its no Bratz.
    Good for you!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast