Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Valiant - anybody heard of this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361089/

It's a new Disney movie from the Producers of Shrek and Shrek 2. I saw the poster today near work (at the coffee bean). It looks like a computer animated movie, but why have I not heard of it until now?

I just found it weird because it said from the "Producers of Shrek and Shrek 2" then I look at the bottom and see Walt Disney Pictures.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 05-10-2005 at 04:36 PM.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    They premiered the trailer on most screenings of "Hitchhikers" It was the first I had heard about it also (and I work for them!) I think they are releasing it very much under the radar, especially since Dreamworks recent CG projects have been abject failures. It doesn't look too bad, except Ewan McGregor is the main voice and he sounds just like he does in Robots which is dissapointing. Just another step in their litmus testing of whether or not an CG department at Disney Studios will be successful.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Senior Minion

Now, if they had done a movie about Eddie Valiant, that would probably be worth seeing...it's too bad that sequel never happened.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361089/

It's a new Disney movie from the Producers of Shrek and Shrek 2. I saw the poster today near work (at the coffee bean). It looks like a computer animated movie, but why have I not heard of it until now?

I just found it weird because it said from the "Producers of Shrek and Shrek 2" then I look at the bottom and see Walt Disney Pictures.
    Yup... But doesn't this thread belong in Entertainment!

I would just love it if more people discuss films...
    Check out my other blog:

• Rainicorn.

Yeah I saw this preview and did a big "WTF?" at the screen.

It still could be good, though.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• I was deleted.

The trailer does look interesting. I just watched it again today. They started playing in The Disney Store's promotional DVD's a while back. Anyway.. here is some news on it.

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=6602

IMHO - it looks Bad, really, really BAD...

• Puppy Cuddles

Oh, I don't know. I remember seeing the trailer in front of Hitchhiker's and it seemed much better than Shark Tale at the very least, even if not up to par with the Pixar films.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Will my faith return?

Question chicken little?

Is this the same movie as Chicken Little? A while ago a magazine's preview issue had a blurb on Disney's new animated flick Chicken Little, but I heard no more until i started seeing posters for Vailant, which looks like it has the same characters.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneycynic
    Is this the same movie as Chicken Little? A while ago a magazine's preview issue had a blurb on Disney's new animated flick Chicken Little, but I heard no more until i started seeing posters for Vailant, which looks like it has the same characters.
    No, it is not the same movie... Valient was an film that was indepenantly developed for the UK as far as I know... It is sort of like having Disney perchase Spirited Away and putting their brand on the film and releasing it...

How it will be recieved? Who knows... Will I see it? Yes...

I do know that there hasn't really been as much buzz about it as Chicken Little... But I think CL has recieved this buzz because of PR... Eisner killing 2D so that he can create a 3D studio...

How will it be recieved? I think there was too much HYPE for this film... Will I see it? I am waiting for video...
    Check out my other blog:

If it helps, Valient is a production by a british animation company called Vanguard Animation. Disney signed a distribution agreement very similar to the one with Mizaki (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle) - primarily the rights in the U.S.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/...?dlink=valiant

VALIANT, a CGI animated family comedy from Vanguard Animation, tells the story of a little wood pigeon, Valiant, with big dreams. He, along with his misfit friends, joins the very elite Royal Homing Pigeon Service, and against all odds, triumphs where their much better qualified colleagues have failed. It is Valiantís determination that, together with an unbridled courage, turns a little country pigeon into an adventurer and, finally, a hero.

I am seeing a screening later in the week... so see what it looks like...

Valiant

Valiant opened in Europe in the spring to dismal reviews and horrible box office (it opened in 5th place, and disappeared in 2 weeks). The studio that made it has closed. The "producer" john williams is a producer in name only--mainly a typical shmoozing hollywood type who only got credit on the shrek movies because he had a contract at dreamworks at the time. He had NOTHING to do with the making of the movie.

Disney hoped Vanguard (john williams' shell company) would be it's replacement for Pixar (along with Core productions in Toronto, producing the deeply in trouble (according to reports) "The Wild." With Valiant, they've shown they just don't have the chops.

vanguard is not a british company

vanguard is based in L.A.

• Circle of Ancients

Well, I kind of hope this flops so Disney will rethink their relationship with Pixar.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by retlaweliasyensid
    vanguard is based in L.A.
    The film was made for the UK market....
    Check out my other blog:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast