• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Angela Lansbury - back to Broadway!

Lansbury to Return to Broadway in McNally's Deuce

By Andrew Gans
    Playbill
    23 Oct 2006

Four-time Tony Award winner Angela Lansbury
    Although she won her four Tony Awards for her work in the musicals Sweeney Todd, Dear World, Gypsy and Mame, it will be a non-musical Terrence McNally's Deuce that brings celebrated actress Angela Lansbury back to Broadway this spring.

The New York Post reports that Lansbury and fellow Tony winner Marian Seldes will co-star as two retired tennis players in McNally's play, which will be directed by Copenhagen's Michael Blakemore. Deuce is scheduled to begin previews in April 2007 at the Music Box Theatre with an official opening May 6.

Lansbury told the New York daily, "We all are floating around in the ether. It's a wonderful gig we're embarking on here." McNally's work, according to the Post, is "an autumnal but very funny play about two women at the end of their lives trying to make sense of a professional partnership that brought them to the top of the tennis world."
    Scott Rudin, Stuart Thompson and Maberry Theatricals in association with Primary Stages will produce the Broadway bow of Deuce.
    Another four-time Tony winner, Zoe Caldwell, had previously been mentioned to co-star with Seldes when the work was scheduled to play Off-Broadway's Primary Stages in March 2007.
    Perhaps best known her for work as TV sleuth Jessica Fletcher on "Murder, She Wrote," Angela Lansbury is one of the most celebrated stars of the Broadway stage. She received Tony Awards for her performances in Sweeney Todd, Gypsy, Dear World and Mame, and she also appeared on The Great White Way in Hotel Paradiso, A Taste of Honey, Anyone Can Whistle, The King and I and A Little Family Business. Her numerous film credits include "Gaslight," "The Picture of Dorian Gray" and "The Manchurian Candidate," all of which brought the actress Academy Award nominations.
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/102895.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• For You!

Re: Angela Lansbury - back to Broadway!

I love her! Bedknobs and Broomsticks is still one of my favorite movies.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I love Angela Lansbury. Pirates of Penzance is one of my fav movies.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• far, far away from DL

Glad to hear she's back on Broadway. I saw an interview on AMC I think it was. She said she would love to get back to broadway one last time. I'm happy she can.

Sabrina