Thread: Disney Movies

• Looking for Love

Disney Movies

Whats your favorite annimated Disney Movie and how did it become your favorite.

Mine is Pinocchio, I remember being a kid and while I was staying at the Disneyland hotel, me and my family were walking around the lake one beautifull evening with the tourches lit all nicely while we were heading to one of the resturants, and they were playing music from pinocchio thruout the resort and then later that night while we were eating, the cat character from pinocchio came and gave me a hug and entertained our family.
    Ever sence that magical moment, I have always loved Pinocchio and the charecters as my favorite disney movie of all time. Plus....., who could resist "When you wish upon a star?"

• Rainicorn.

I think this should be moved to Entertainment? But I'm not a mod soooo! Excuse moi.

My favorite Disney movie is a tie between The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Both just have wonderful music, great animation and... just. Sighs. Nostalgia!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Mine is The Fox and the Hound, just because it brings back so many memories.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I always loved Beauty and the Beast. I'm not entirely sure why...I guess much of it had to do with how the movie opened (you know, that scene in the forest?). The moment I saw that image in the movie theater as a child and heard the music, I automatically took a liking to it. And I loved Lumiere so much that when Halloween came, instead of dressing like Belle like all the other girls, I picked out the Lumiere costume and proceeded to burn all of the boys at the party And of course now I love it more because of the falling in love for who that person is, not by their appearance.

I also love Aladdin (just my thing) and Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp's humor combined with my favorite DL attraction...how could I not?).

• Minion FOREVER!

Pinnochio, Jungle Book and Cinderella for me...[

Pinnochio was the first Disney movie that I saw. It was actually re-released in a theatre and my whole family went to see it in a huge art-deco theatre
    in Yakima, WA.

I don't know how I heard the song, but I knew Bibitty Bobitty Boo (sp) since I was really small and when I first saw Cinderella, things just clicked... I think
    I was twelve or thirteen at the time. I still love the song.

I love Jungle Book because I love the songs and Baloo.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

Thumbs up My favorite Disney Animated film is Pocahontas

Pocahontas
    The character of Pocahontas is the kind of person I aspire to be. Spiritual, honest, brave, confident, someone who is able to follow their heart no matter what others think, to have the kind deep and meaningful she and John Smith had. In addition to the character of Pocahontas the music continues to be very moving to me. "If I Never Knew You" has to be my favorite love song ever. Period. "Colors of the Wind" beautifully illustrates a philosophy that's been huge in my life. Plus Alan Menken's score gives me chills every time I hear it.

With my most recent viewing I was able to appreciate how many risks Disney took in creating Pocahontas. Essentially it's a very adult story dealing with adult emotions, and more important they handled the story in a much more adult manner as well. The many scenes that are played out with no dialog would never happen in a Disney movie today. Some would say that's for the best, but I have to disagree. The animation and emotion had to be very strong to convey what was going on in those scenes. It takes not only highly skilled animators to do that but there has to be a trust from the corporate side that it could be done. Pocahontas (and Hunchback too for that matter) was lucky to be made at the height of Disney's animation resurgance. Some risks were allowed to be taken at this time, risks that would never even be considered currently.

P.S. I'm gald to see the nod to Pinocchio which used to be my favorite Disney Animated film.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Having a Grand Day!

A Goofy Movie. I've always loved it because it's not realy one of those big she-bang films, rather a nice little film about a father and son who need wake up and notice each others differences. And although I2I is dated, it's one of my favorite songs... Now Only If we could have a sequel to fix all the mistakes from the DTV 'An Extremely Goofy Movie' (Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Film. Only liked Sylvia).

• Que que no-tu-rah.

^ I keep on hearing really great things about A Goofy Movie. I'm going to have to add it to my Netflix que.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• keep moving forward...

im very partial to dumbo

• Former Epcot CM

I love The Little Mermaid, and like an above poster the opening scene with the castle and that chilling music turned me on to Beauty and the Beast immediately - I also love the ballroom scene. I gotta say my all-time favourite is Sleeping Beauty - I have fond memories of snuggling up in a big bed (it seemed big then) when I was about 6 and watching it on the Disney Channel.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    There are so many Disney movies that I just love, it's hard to narrow it down. But I can, and Sleeping Beauty is my favorite above all the others. Why, you ask? The dragon, that's why.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Sock Puppet

My favorite of all time is Emperor's New Groove, just for Esma (SP?) and Krunch (most Bi-polar Disney villains). It wasn't an in your face Disney movie and very unorthodox, one of the last classics before Pixar completely took over.

My second favorite is the Incredibles, just because it was a great spin on a genre that has been done and bombed several times in theatres. Plus, Syndrome was the best Disney villain in a VERY long time.

Third is Goofy movie because it took an "okay" Disney Afternoon show and turned it into a funny teen comedy that spoke out to a lot of tweens. Plus, it was the best use of Pauly Shore I've ever seen.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    My favorite of all time is Emperor's New Groove, just for Esma (SP?) and Krunch (most Bi-polar Disney villains). It wasn't an in your face Disney movie and very unorthodox, one of the last classics before Pixar completely took over.

My second favorite is the Incredibles, just because it was a great spin on a genre that has been done and bombed several times in theatres. Plus, Syndrome was the best Disney villain in a VERY long time.

Third is Goofy movie because it took an "okay" Disney Afternoon show and turned it into a funny teen comedy that spoke out to a lot of tweens. Plus, it was the best use of Pauly Shore I've ever seen.
    I think it's Yzma. As for A Goofy Movie, I kinda resent calling it a teen film because that would put it into the same class as American Pie. I think of it more as just modern underratted Disney Classic. It's going to be my fav for a long time.

• Former Epcot CM

You can't give Disney credit for Syndrome! He is the product of Pixar, as much as Disney like to pretend the films are THEIRS.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

i love the sword in the stone, and robin hood. i really don't know why?
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day