• Minion

My Chemical Romance

I'v been listening to Welcome to the black parade since it came out in August, anxiously awaiting the release of the full album. I bought it on tueday, but haven't had the chance to review it.
    What I thought:
    Incredible. Its an all new MCR, their new old style is amazing. There is a bonus track (#15) You have to wait about 1:30 into it to here a song called, "Blood". Its very interesting, check it out! I HIGHLY reccomend buying this album

• xmanmom

Re: My Chemical Romance

I was thinking about it already and all the good reviews are just reinforcing my decision. I may have to download it from iTunes this weekend.

Isn't the lead singer the brother of some actress? I can't remember who now.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm probably in the minority thinking My Chemical Romance is the most overrated band of the year.

• xmanmom

Well, to answer my own question Gerard Way is NOT the brother of anyone famous. He is, however, the brother of one of the other members of the band. I am actually relieved to find this out. Like him a bit better now that I have no misconceptions that he might be famous merely for a connection to a famous sibling. Has anyone seen his comic art? He is really quite talented.

I have no idea where I got the idea that his sister was an actress. Maybe I am thinking of another band? No clue actually.

I've been listening to MCR for around 3 years now and I really really loveeee their first two CDs, but I haven't really caught onto this one yet.. maybe after a little bit more listening I will?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

The Black Parade is one of the best albums of the year. It really shows how much MCR has matured as a band. If you are used to the older MCR albums forget everything you've heard and prepare for an entirely new sound. The Black Parade shows that MCR is capable of more than just whipping a bunch of random songs together, they can put together a theme and a story and express both in a way that sounds good and ROCKS. As Rolling Stone puts it
    "The Black Parade, the New Jersey group's third studio album, is the best mid-Seventies record of 2006, a rabid, ingenious paraphrasing of echoes and kitsch from rock's golden age of bombast."
    The sound of the album reflects the sound of so many albums and bands in the past. There are hints of David Bowie, Queen and personally I connect this album with Pink Floyd's: The Wall (Particularly the song "Mama" which, in my opinion is one of the best songs on the Album and features Liza Minelli)
    It's good stuff.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Tui's Brother

I like this album a lot. It is way better then their other ones. MCR is now one of my favorites bands now. I love every song on this album. I will keep listening to them over the years because they will most likely get better.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'm probably in the minority thinking My Chemical Romance is the most overrated band of the year.
    I used to think that as well, but I have loved them for 2 years now and can't get enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo View Post
    Well, to answer my own question Gerard Way is NOT the brother of anyone famous. He is, however, the brother of one of the other members of the band. I am actually relieved to find this out. Like him a bit better now that I have no misconceptions that he might be famous merely for a connection to a famous sibling. Has anyone seen his comic art? He is really quite talented.

I have no idea where I got the idea that his sister was an actress. Maybe I am thinking of another band? No clue actually.
    His bro Mikey, is in the band with him. His comic art is amazing. He drew all the album covers so far. The new cd has so much amazing art done by him, its amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    The Black Parade is one of the best albums of the year. It really shows how much MCR has matured as a band. If you are used to the older MCR albums forget everything you've heard and prepare for an entirely new sound. The Black Parade shows that MCR is capable of more than just whipping a bunch of random songs together, they can put together a theme and a story and express both in a way that sounds good and ROCKS. As Rolling Stone puts it
    "The Black Parade, the New Jersey group's third studio album, is the best mid-Seventies record of 2006, a rabid, ingenious paraphrasing of echoes and kitsch from rock's golden age of bombast."
    The sound of the album reflects the sound of so many albums and bands in the past. There are hints of David Bowie, Queen and personally I connect this album with Pink Floyd's: The Wall (Particularly the song "Mama" which, in my opinion is one of the best songs on the Album and features Liza Minelli)
    It's good stuff.
    Mama is a great song. I am deeply in love with every song (unlike 3 Cheers for sweet revenge..i only liked Helena, I' not ok.., and Thanks for the venum