Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Minion

I am surprised that Disney hasn't followed Time/Warner in releasing some of the older films to cable... But you know... The more they horde on to this content the less valuable it becomes... except to the die-hard disney fans...

I think that is a problem that the Marketing people really don't want to face... And it is a problem they have trying to figgure out making work... But then again it is the same reason why Lucas didn't want to release Star Wars on DVD...

Protecting copywrite has become more and more difficult for them... But my responce to this is, are pirates really interested in making a hundred million copies of Candleshoe?
    Check out my other blog:

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    are pirates really interested in making a hundred million copies of Candleshoe?
    Or Seal Island, for that matter?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Or the episode of Wonderful World of Disney where the (1970s) All-New Mickey Mouse Club goes to Walt Disney World...

I about wet myself the night I was flipping channels and caught this cheese-fest on Vault Disney!

• Zapp's Minion :D

Thankfully before they stopped airing all the old Disney stuff. I would set the record timer on my vcr from 2am-5am in the morning. And now I have all(most of them) the Vault Disney shows on tape

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I LOVED the beginning of Vault Disney always reminded me of a cool dark ride.
    Ahh this is embarrasing but my sisters and I used to put our hands up in the air to act like we were at Disneyland. :o

I emailed Disney about this myself. Twice.

Both times, I got the same stupid answer: "We have made the format change to reach our target market."

Which means, they believe the only ones who watch (and pay for) the Disney channel are teens and little kids.

Here's a question: if they have a target market, what are they selling? The commercials they show are for other Disney channel programming. Where's the return on investment? Isn't it purely from what they get through the cable channel revenue? If so, then WE as the actual BUYERS of the channel are the ones who should be considered for program format. Right????!!!!
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Que que no-tu-rah.

I don't think there's a single Disney fan who would object to the Disney channel showing more 'vintage' programming. We all have our favorites from yesteryear wether that is 1980 or 1930. Why Disney can't see this is beyond me.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    I emailed Disney about this myself. Twice.

Both times, I got the same stupid answer: "We have made the format change to reach our target market."
    I was about to e-mail them myself on this, and then I saw your post. I then stepped outside to talk to a nearby brick wall.

It felt just a touch more productive than e-mailing "Eisner TV".
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    I was about to e-mail them myself on this, and then I saw your post. I then stepped outside to talk to a nearby brick wall.

It felt just a touch more productive than e-mailing "Eisner TV".

• Lurker Extraordinaire

Not to sound cynical, but it would be hard for Disney to sell shows on DVD that it was currently airing. I think we'll continue to see more and more classic content available on DVD.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotron2000
    Not to sound cynical, but it would be hard for Disney to sell shows on DVD that it was currently airing. I think we'll continue to see more and more classic content available on DVD.
    Nah, I don't think that would be any trouble. "Friends", "Seinfeld", and "The Simpsons" get good ratings in their syndicated runs and also sell very well on DVD. I think that TV exposure helps keep any number of series in the public consciousness and actually helps to sell DVD sets.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Nah, I don't think that would be any trouble. "Friends", "Seinfeld", and "The Simpsons" get good ratings in their syndicated runs and also sell very well on DVD. I think that TV exposure helps keep any number of series in the public consciousness and actually helps to sell DVD sets.
    That's right. Family Guy was so popular on DVD that they started airing it on TWO channels. That popularity and ratings of the syndication was so high that it made FOX consider bringing the canceled show back!

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Bring Back Vault Disney!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12