Thread: Disney Music

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Disney Music

Was there ever a soundtrack for The Sword in the Stone or The Rescuers? The music from both of these movies is great and I would really like to get a hold of it! And I already have the Classic Disney box set...I also want the Snow White soundtrack and the Pinnochio soundtrack which I know was released, but are they out of print? Is there somewhere I could get these online for free or little money? Anyway to download these? Thanks :0)
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• I Hug My Tapirs

Re: Disney Music

I don't remember The Rescuers ever getting its own release (unless there was an LP ages ago) but there are three tracks from the first Rescuers movie that are tacked on at the end of the most recent Rescuers Down Under soundtrack.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

What about the sword in the stone?
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Banned User

I beleive there was a soundtrack for The Rescuers, and it featured a song by Helen Reddy... someone correct me.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I think I still have my Pinocchio sountrack that was on a picture disc record. I have one for Lady & the Tramp too (gave the Snow White one to my late uncle... who framed it).

• I Hug My Tapirs

Sword in the Stone did not get a CD release, and neither did The Rescuers, according to amazon.com, soundtrack.net, and magicmusic.net. Tracks have been released here or there on compilation albums, however. There MAY have been a Sword in the Stone bootleg, but I don't recall now.

The three tracks from the original Rescuers movie were released on the 2002 re-issue of The Rescuers Down Under.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• In Vinylland

DQ-1236 "Walt Disney presents all the songs from The Sword in the Stone" was released in 1963 and is sung by the original film artist or chorus. This is the closest to a soundtrack. Music by the Sherman Brothers:

-The Sword in the Stone
    -Higitus Figitus
    -Mad Madam Mim
    -That's What makes the World Go Round
    -A Most Befuddling Thing
    -Blue Oak Tree

ST- 3816 "Walt Disney Production's sory of The Rescuers. Songs and Dialog from the original soundtrack" was released in 1977 with songs sung by Shelby Flint.

-The Journey
    -Rescue Aid Society
    -Tomorrow is Another Day
    -Someone's Waiting for You

Songs by Conners, Fain and Robbins
    Musical Score composed and conducted by Arie Butler

These LP's can be found (ebay, goodwill etc.) and transferred to mp3 format with the right equipment.

Hope this helps,
    Ken

Both Snow White and Pinocchio should be easy finds

Here are what my CD's look like. Snow Whites catalog # is Walt Disney Records 60850-7 c.1937/1993

Pinocchio's # is Walt Disney Records CD025 c. 1940/1992

I know that Snow White was re-issued a couple of years back with this cover

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by makeminemusic View Post
    DQ-1236 "Walt Disney presents all the songs from The Sword in the Stone" was released in 1963 and is sung by the original film artist or chorus. This is the closest to a soundtrack. Music by the Sherman Brothers:

-The Sword in the Stone
    -Higitus Figitus
    -Mad Madam Mim
    -That's What makes the World Go Round
    -A Most Befuddling Thing
    -Blue Oak Tree

ST- 3816 "Walt Disney Production's sory of The Rescuers. Songs and Dialog from the original soundtrack" was released in 1977 with songs sung by Shelby Flint.

-The Journey
    -Rescue Aid Society
    -Tomorrow is Another Day
    -Someone's Waiting for You

Songs by Conners, Fain and Robbins
    Musical Score composed and conducted by Arie Butler

These LP's can be found (ebay, goodwill etc.) and transferred to mp3 format with the right equipment.

Hope this helps,
    Ken
    Ooh, thanks for the information on that one! Sadly, I haven't been able to find a good site that catalogs all the old vinyl records. If anyone knows of such a site, let me know!