Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WFoxx's First time Cruise DVC Member Edition

We just got back from our first disney cruise. It was a Dvc member cruise. We had a blast. I highly recommend doing a Disney cruise.
    We spent Oct 18th thru Oct.21st at WDW. We stayed at the Swan. It was ok but missed the magic you get at the resort Disney owned hotels. we went to the Mk first and saw PotC. We loved the new effects and can hardly wait til we see the ones at DLR. The next day we did AK in the morning and rode Kali river rapids and did Everest twice. We got the dream fast pass for AK while we were waiting in line to get on Everest. We left for Epcot and rode Nemo. It was fantastic and went looking for aimster in WS. We didn't find her. We had dinner in china and watch the acrobats. Then we went back to the hotel. The nest day was Friday we spent all day at Epcot and went on Nemo twice and did all of FW. We went to Nemo at 3:15 and waited for the other MCer's and didn't see them. We went on Nemo again and then did WS for the rest of the day and left later in the evening for the hotel. BTW Kalrla you are so right about the Crocs no sore feet and no blisters. They were a life saver. Sat was our last day we went into the Studios rode ToT and RnRC. Then did the indy show ,muppets and met up with Drince. she is really a nice person. We watch the street performers perform and then we had to say Good-bye and go to our ressies at 50's Prime Time. We ate and then saw Cindy our favorite waitress and she remebered us from our trip 51 weeks ago. Then it was time to say Good-bye to WDW til April 07 and drove to Port Canaveral. It took us a little over and hour to get to our hotel the Radisson. It was ok but we had a unexpected visitor banging on our door at 11:30 pm. A very drunk woman looking for the wrong room. We got up the next morning and caught the first shuttle to the port to catch our ship. We got there and handed our bags to the baggage handlers and proceeded into the Disney Terminal. We breezed through check in where we were greeted with a "Welcome Home"
    We got our boarding number which was #2. We walked around the terminal and waited til it was time to board the ship. We boarded the ship around 12:30pm and proceeded down the gangway for pictures . When you reached the ship's atriumn you were announced and the cms would cheer you as you walked aboard. From there you could go eat lunch or if you brought your swimsuit you could go swim in one of the pools. There are 3 pools kiddie with mickey and slide family pool with jacuzzi and the adult pool no one under 18 allowed. We went to Beach Blanket Buffet and ate lunch it was very good . They had sandwiches, salads, soup ,rolls ,cheeses,and desserts of all kinds. A server got our drinks for us and sat us down in the dining room. We could have went outide and ate but, it was a little warm that day. After lunch we wandered around the ship til 1:30 and then we went to our state room. We were in cabin 6532 on the sixth floor of the ship. It had a balcony you could walk out on, a queen size bed with a sofa and a overhead bunk if needed. We had a sink and toliet in one little room and a sink and shower in the other and a tv, vanity area and closet. At 4:00 was our life boat drill where you put on your life jacket and go to your area, It's only a few mins and once you check in you go back to your room and put your lifejackets away in the closet. At 4:15 is the going way party as your leave the port and say Goodbye to the Disney personnel. It's on deck 9 at the family pool. You get a party hat and wave goodbye. We went up to deck 10 by the basketball court and watch the ship leave port from there it got quite crowded.. We went back to our cabin to get ready for our dinner seating at 6:00 we ate in Parrot Cay. It;s very festive and colorful. We met our servers Oneil and Magdalena and our seat mates for table #50. We had a couple from boston (joe and Annemarie), a couple from Houston, a couple from Atlanta and a couple from Michigan. They were all great people. After dinner Dh and I went to see Hercules the museical. It was ok just like the movie but I really missed James Woods as Hades. Afterwards about 10:30 Dh and I went to 70's disco party and had a great time and danced the nite away. There is so much to do on the crusie ship if you have kids they can go to the oceaneers club for the the teens there 's a place for them called Aloft or you can go to the movies and see the prestige, PotC2 , Cars. Fantasia 2000. You are never bored. I will write about day 2 Cstaway Cay tomorrow and hopefully Dh will post my pictures.

• love my friends

Re: WFoxx's First time Cruise DVC Member Edition

sounds like a great time.. i went on a cruise to alaska.. loved it.. but this sounds even better

Friends for life

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Thanks for the report! Did the DVC cruise have special events or extras?

I would love to see pictures, too!
    <o>

I forgot to mention the welcome gift we got on the Disney Wonder 2 lanyards and 2 boxes with mickey's on it with a dvc 15 year pin inside. coming back to our cabin for the nite we got 2 huge mickey ear shape boxes inside each had a dvc member cruise baseball hat, a small backpack, a journal,a small memo board with mickey and a 15 year window cling. Hubby took pictures of that too. Every nite we would find something and we did have special guests will post that later on day 3 and 4.

• Banned User

BTW Kalrla you are so right about the Crocs no sore feet and no blisters. They were a life saver.
    YeP, crocs will make you feel fine

thank you hon for the great trip report!! I am lovng it, can not wait until the pictures and more more !! did you take the kids??

Day 2 Castaway Cay
    After spending some time the previous nite reliving the 70's. Dh and I got up about 8 and went and had breakfast at Beach Blanket buffet again. I love mickey waffles especially when I don't have to make them myself. DH and I went to a so call game show called " on the nose" it was suppose to be trivia and you get special prizes. You walk into the Walt Disney Theater and were seated by sections named after the 7 dwarves. We were in the sneezy section. Our team was soooo bad. We only got 2 answers right. Then after about 30 mins of being tortured. The true reason for this game was revealed. It was a timeshare pitch for DVC. Now everyone on this cruise is a DVC member we know how it works. So for and hour we had to listen to a sales pitch for DVC. The section got a special prize while the rest of us left grumbling on time wasted got a light up DVC pin. One of our table mates section won (it was Sleepy section). Their special prize was drum role ...... time with the disney characters. There were no kids in the audience. The kids were in the Oceaneers club having a blast. Needless to say there were plenty of complaints going around. There was another one at 10:30. We went back to our cabin to get our stuff to go to Castaway CAy. We walk out on our balcony and saw "The Flying Dutchman " nestled in the harbor. It was so cool! As we took the elevator down to the 1 st level and swiped our cards so they know who is leaving and walked down the gangplank to Castsway Cay. It was a perfect day sun shining. beautiful clouds and about mid 80's. DH and I walked to where you catch the tram to the family beach about 500 yard walk and rode the tram you can walk it with no problem but my ankel was swelling . \We got to the family beach where DH went to rent snorkel equitment I tried to get the fins on but the ankel wouldn't let me get the fin on so I couldn't go. I told DH to go on and I went swimming next to the snorkel area. The water was very clear and it was 83 degrees. Pure heaven I chatted with a few people while swimming. BTW CAstaway Cay has shark nets surrounding island. DH saw alot of fish in the snorkel lagoon and there were a few fish who swam through the swimming area. I swam down to where the kids had a play area to jump or fall into the water from it looked like fun. DH was finally done snorkeling (he snorkeled about 2.5 hours) and we went to lunch at Cookies BArbeque. It was all you can eat there was hamburgers,cheeseburgers, ribs , salads, chips ,fish, desserts ice cream and soda. No one went away hungry. I had a cheeseburger, salad, chip and chocolate chip cookies. DH had cheeseburger ,ribs, cole slaw,and banana cake. and soda. There was a dance contest for families. They were playing HS Musical. I really detest the music from that movie. Any way DH and I went and laid out for awhile and then went swimming. We boarded the ship about 3:30. The Wonder was schedule to leave Castaway Cay at 4:30. We went back and showered on our bed was gold mickey ears for each of us. We had dinner at Tritons and it was a special dinner Pirates In the Carribean nite. Two of our seatmates were dressed in full pirate gear
    and our servers were dressed as pirates too. We had pirate bandanas that Oneil our server tied on each of us. Our menu was done up as a treasure map. I had crab cake for starters , then salad, then mahi mahi (its a fish )and walk the plank choclate cake for dessert. Dh had salad, beef tenderloin and the lost banana treasure( bananas ,ice cream, carmel sauce and then set on fire). What so great about the cruise all these wonderful meals are included and the only thing you pay for is any alcohol or bottle water. You can go to deck 9 and get sodas , coffee, hot chocolate and water from there instead of the bottle water. We left our friends and went to the Vista spa where we had the ressies at 8 for The exotic rasul. It s a steam bath and aromatherapy for couples. It was very nice and relaxing. After we were done we went to the cabin and found 2 pirate chests with a pin and beads to wear for the party and a towel animal that looked like a bunny with chocolate eyes. We put on our PotC tee shirts and caps and went to deck nine for the Pirate Party. The family pool was covered and being used as a dance floor and the surrounding area was open for dancing. Minnie ,goofy Chip and Dale were leading everyone in different dances and it was being brodcasted by a huge TV screen. Then a bad pirate rapeled down the smokestack and Capt. Hook, and Mr.Smee, Pirate Stitch and the bad pirates took over til Pirate Mickey rapeled across the pool area and rescued us. Then the fire works started. That was so awesome having a firework show on board a ship in the middle of the carribean. There was food everywhere for people to munch on. Dh and I had fun dancing. After the party ended they set up lounge chairs and showed Pirate of the Carribean Curse of the Black Pearl on the big TV. It was so neat being under the stars on a nice tropical nite watching the movie. We went back to the cabin around 1 and went to bed. Hopefully Dh will upload the pictures on myphotobucket.com. Day 3 will be posted tomorrow.

• love my friends

wow foxx.. what a blast you guys had.. I want to go ont his cruise.. someday we will sigh

Friends for life

I telling you Kelly. I've just got back and now I want to go again and do a longer cruise. We heard a rumour that there is a another boat being built and that it will be going to the west coast for cruises to Mexico and maybe Alaska.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by WFoxx View Post
    I telling you Kelly. I've just got back and now I want to go again and do a longer cruise. We heard a rumour that there is a another boat being built and that it will be going to the west coast for cruises to Mexico and maybe Alaska.

that would be great if they did have one for the west coast. like I said when I lived in canada i went on an alaskan cruise.. all i can say is WOW.. it was awesome..... would love to do a disney one

Friends for life

OK the photos are finally ready. here's the link
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...sney%20Cruise/

Enjoy!

• love my friends

great pictures

Friends for life

Great pictures and report

• Banned User

Awsome, I finally get to see you in a pic!! And that pic of you and hubby , it looks like you are on the out side of the boat railing like you are on the out side of the ship thank you for sharing with us, I really enjoyed this

Day 3 Cruisin in the Carribean with Roy Disney
    We got up in the morning from the party and ate breakfast at Parrot Cay. They had pancakes instead of waffles and I finally tried an omlette (DH was raving about how good they were on the cruise). It was very good. We walked around the deck 3 times ( it equals1 mile). Then we played shuffle board. DH beat me in 3 games but we had alot of fun. Then at 10:00 am we went and saw Roy Disney. It was great we were 5 rows from the front and could see him really well. My hubby and Roy have alot in common the love of hawaiian shirts. He told stories about growing up with Uncle Walt and stories about his dad. He talked aobut how he wound up working for Disney and the up coming DVD true Life Adventure films that he worked on. He talked about Save Disney and being the anti Michael aka Eisner to thunderous applause. He showed the Little Match Girl that they are hoping for a Academy Award nomination. It made me get teary. It's on the Little Mermaid Dvd. He talked aabout Iger and John Lassitier and Disney will be doing 2D animation again. It was great. The president of DVC Jim Lewis was the one interviewing Roy. We saw Jim Lewis later that same day talking about the DVC and it's 15 year history. We took a class in npkin folding and learned how to make a fan, a tuxedo shirt, crown and belle roses. We had a great time. Then we wandered around upper deck some more ate ice cream and had pizza. By then it was time to get ready for dinner. We ate at Tritons again and had french food. I had the best salad called a Normandy salad it had lettuce , apples and orange dressing. It was soooo good. I had chicken that nite and creme brule for dessert. DH and I headed out to Wave Bands again to do the 80's party. On the way there we stopped by to watch a game called "Who wants to Be a Mousketeer" It was played like millionaire and the audience was helping out the players. It was alot of fun. We also watch Disney Dreams show it was really good about a little girl who needed to find her dreams with the help of Peter Pan Alladin, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel and the Blue Fairy. They had a really great singer who sang Circle of Life from Lion King. She had a awesome voice We finally made it to the 80's party and they were playing a scavanger hunt in the night club. DH wanted to play and I didn't want to. He talked me into it. We were doing ok til they asked for a sock. DH runs up to the stage and falls injuring his calf muscle. He then proceeds to hooble around and then one of the performers talks him into going down to the ship doctors' office. He tells me to stay and watch. He comes back 10 mins later. The office is closed. We stay and watch the goings on but no dancing for us. We finally go back to the cabin with DH hobbling and me trying to help him. On our bed we find a clear plastic piano with a pin inside and some Disney Character cards drawn by Ducky Williams. He was suppose to be on the cruise but had to cancel due to a family emergency. Will write about day 4 tomorrow.

• love my friends

can hardley wait for day 4

Friends for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast