Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney on Ice...A Disneyland Adventure

Has anyone heard about this?
    I can't wait to go! It sounds absolutely awesome!!

http://disneyonice.disney.go.com/dis...disneyland.jsp
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Red Face Re: Disney on Ice...A Disneyland Adventure

Hi. I know you posted this a while ago, but have you seen the show yet? LA Sports Arena through Sunday and Long Beach next week! If you did see it, what did you think?

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Disney on Ice...A Disneyland Adventure

I saw it at the Honda Center. It wasn't that great, in fact it left a lot to be desired. Either way go and check it out and let us know what you think.

• See what I got?

It's coming to Vegas this month too. I am trying to decide if I want to go, or just save that money for another trip to the real thing.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by lafantasma View Post
    It's coming to Vegas this month too. I am trying to decide if I want to go, or just save that money for another trip to the real thing.

I would save the money and but it towards a trip instead. Like I said, it was okay but myself and the people sitting around me had a look of "that is it?" at the end.

• Senior Minion

My sister wasn't that wowed by it, but she did tell me about certain parts that were really cool ... like the haunted mansion one.

So you guys didn't care for it too much, huh? What about kids, were there kids there? The usually enjoy it... Anyway, I was wondering what you thought about it because I'm in it. What could be better??

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Did anyone see the toy story 2 one? I barely remember it, but when I saw it here in Canada all I can remember was loving it!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I saw the Incredibles...I'm not sure if is the same. My family absolutely loved it. I on the other hand, I misunderstood the title or theme and was waiting for the "Incredibles" to reenact the movie. It wasn't till during intermission I asked my wife what kind of show it was. I then understood the Incredibles were going to Disneyland for a vacation. I found it interesting that in some ways, it was just a big advertisement for Disneyland. Marketing or not, it was a great performance and I would recommend it.

• Banned User

I want to see this even if it did get bad reviews.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I saw this show in November of 2005 when it was still called "Disney/Pixar present the Incredibles in a Magic Kingdom Adventure on Ice."

Try saying that three times real fast!

I had the best time. The show was exactly what I hoped it would be: a total cheese fest...ON ICE!

It was really cool to see an ice show built around one of the parks and production numbers about the attractions. However, you can't go to these types of shows expecting riveting entertainment. They're pretty much geared to a very young audience.

The kids around me enjoyed it, the parents, not so much, and me and my friend were just enjoying laughing at the whole unintentional comic mess of it.

My wife and I went last week and both of us came away unimpressed. The first half was pretty good, but after intermission it seemed as if they were just wasting time. At times it got so cheesy I thought I was watching a parody of an ice show. I also found it confusing that some things were given generic names instead of their proper Disney names, such as the Runaway mine car ride instead of Thunder Mountain. But the worst part had to be the songs they were playing for each of the Incredible family as they changed into their superhero outfits. Wow, I could have sworn someone was just making it up as the show was going on. Overall, I would give it a below average grade, at least for adults. The kids, on the other hand, seemed to be enjoying the show.
    likes pizza likes beer likes Space Mountain

Well, if you go to a Disney On Ice show...come on, you gotta realize that it is DISNEY ON ICE. It's not Broadway or anything like that and I would suggest not going in expecting a production targeted mainly at adult audiences or you'll be completely disappointed. Of course it is targeted at a young audience... it's Disney. And if you look, the show is called "A Disneyland Adventure featuring the Incredibles" (yes, it used to be called "The Incredibles in a Magic Kingdom Adventure")... but it was never called "The Incredibles on Ice." If you were expecting the movie-brought-to-ice, what in the world does Disneyland have to do with it? It is exactly what it sounds like. It is an original script -- no one claimed otherwise (trust me, I know!). Anyway, it is just so interesting hearing what all people have to say about this particular show (although someone commented on Toy Story 2... I haven't seen it, but I hear it was great).

• Minion

It definitely wasn't the best Disney On Ice production I've seen, but my 5 year old cousin loved it. Each kid was giving a rubber bracelet with two buttons and a light on it (Similar to Syndrome's remote in the movie only read with The Incredibles on it).

Spoiler
    At the end of the show, the bracelets all activated and the children were instructed to push certain buttons to do certain things and interact with the show. This happened about 2 or 3 times towards the later part of the show, and the kids really ate it up

The kids (especially young boys) will love it, for us Disneyland buffs, only the Haunted Mansion segment is memorable.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We say it a couple of month ago. It was cheesey but cute, which I expected. My youngest is 8 and love Dash and DL, so he was in Heaven. We liked the POTC scenes the best.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast