•   
    • Minion

DreamWorks Animation Reports Profit - AP 10/31/06

DreamWorks Animation Reports Profit
    AP 10/31/06

DreamWorks Animation Reports Profit

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Continued strong DVD sales of its animated feature "Madagascar" helped swing DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. to a profit in the third quarter, the company said Tuesday.

Profits were also boosted by sales to pay television markets of its fall 2005 feature, "Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit."

DreamWorks Animation's next film, "Flushed Away," opens domestically on Friday.

"We had a somewhat quiet third quarter financially, but we had a lot going on in the creative area," DreamWorks Animation chief executive Jeffrey Katzenberg said in a conference call with analysts.

The company's highly anticipated sequel to its popular "Shrek" franchise, "Shrek the Third," will be released next May.

Katzenberg expressed optimism about the movie's prospects, even though it will be sandwiched between the Sony Pictures release "Spider-Man 3" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" from The Walt Disney Co.
    "We never underestimate the quality and performance of the competition," Katzenberg said. "The moviegoing marketplace can certainly accommodate all three of these films."
    Full Story - DreamWorks Animation Reports Profit
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Re: DreamWorks Animation Reports Profit - AP 10/31/06

I posted this because, there are dreamworks fans on the board, but what gets me is the timing of "Shrek the Third" and "POTC:AWE", along with Spiderman 3... It applies directly..

Looks to me I am going to have to dig my tent out in May, and remortage my non-existant house to see all these films...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

Re: DreamWorks Animation Reports Profit - AP 10/31/06

I won't be seeing any of Dreamworks films any time soon. The only movies that I venture to see anymore are the latest Disney film whether it be animated or live action. I don't resrtict myself to that, it's just a pattern I see. That last movie I saw was POTC 2. And the next move I highly anticipate is Meet the Robinsons, Ratatouille and POTC 3.