View Poll Results: Did you enjoy this Review?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

• It's all about Theme!

Smile Disney On Ice: Mickey and Minnie's Magical Journey Review

I recently went to see Disney On Ice Mickey and Minnie's Magical Journey in Sacramento and I have a great review for you.

This show is definately heart-warming. The emotional aspects of the music and the drama they put into the finales is amazing. This show features Peter Pan, 101 Dalmations, Little Mermaid, and Lilo and Stitch. On various factors I have rated each segment.

Opening: Music 9; Showmanship 8 1/2; Disney Factor 8; Overall; 8 1/2

So the opening featured two songs from Mary Poppins. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Jolly Holiday. I love the fun when a whole troup of londoners straight out from the movie suddenly burst out singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Very Fun.

Peter Pan: Music 8; Showmanship 10; Disney Factor 9; Overall 9

Peter Pan is spectacular with a flying system. Music is eight because of some of the bad renditions of Disney Songs. The pirates danced to songs like A Pirates Life, Whale of a Tale, and Pirates of Penzance. Tons of jokes. The sentimental factor at the end when the pirate ship sails away when the darlings fly home and there is a wonderful rendition of Second Star to the Right. I also loved the rendition of Mother. Overall, a spectacular piece of Disney.

101 Dalmations: Music 6; Showmanship 7; Disney Factor 8; Overall 7

Not a good piece of classic Disney. There was a swing version of Cruella De Vill where only Cruella was skating and Horace and Jasper were standing there sometimes doing comedy. The story was crummy, basically the dalmations getting away and as they did multipling. Although imaginative, the way they had puppets attatched to actors to bring the count to 101 was underwhelming with all the puppets hanging about 6 inches off the ground. Overall, no big sets, a few fireworks, no sentimental feeling, not very good.

The Little Mermaid: Music 10; Showmanship 9; Disney Factor 10; Overall 10

Beautiful and fun from the beginning when Sebastian slid onto the stage and got the crowd going! Beautiful music and colorful costumes. I loved Ursula. A bit underwelming for showmanship because the big blow up of ursula at the finale had the head schrunched in and the battle less than a minute long. But overall great!

Lilo and Stitch: Music 10; Showmanship 9; Disney Factor 9; Overall 9

Fun, with lots of music from the movie including the song, I can't help falling in love with you from the A Teens. I loved the renditions of Suspicious Minds and Burning Love. The fireworks and the whole finale at the end was fantastic. The show was cool but just a little too much like the movie. Overall it was Great.

The entire show was given an 8 1/2 by me and you should see it when it comes to your hometown! If you love these movies I'm sure even the men will get a tear or two. Thats all for now!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Disney On Ice: Mickey and Minnie's Magical Journey Review

Great Review. I, my wife and Goddaughter are going to the 3:30 showing today. I hope to take a few pics.
    Spoiler
    BURP!