Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa Clause 3

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Santa Clause 3

Just got back from seeing it ... a slight dissapointment .. would have been much better with Christopher Walken as the father-in-law. Kids will enjoy it , but parents might find it a bit tedious. Stay through the credits; the blooper reel is actually funnier than most parts of the movie.

• Senior Minion

Re: Santa Clause 3

It was a cute movie, not as charming as the first, but cute all the same.

Blooper reel was a hoot!! I love the song at the end credits, it's awesome!!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Awww, it looked funny in the previews!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I think we're going to see it tomorrow, heres to hoping.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I have to agree about the disappointment factor. It is a cute movie but not as good as the first one. Most of the movie takes place at the North Pole and many parts are too silly. I thought the best part was when Jack Frost took over and the things that came about because of that. But that part was too short. Thought the way Santa got things turned around was well done. And yes the bloopers at the end are really funny. Reminds me of the fact that Tim Allen always had bloopers at the end of Home Improvement (man, I miss that show).

• Man O Lantern

I didn't even know a second Santa Clause had been released...... We won't be seeing this one.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The only good one was the first one.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• We're number one!

Wow, the only way I would think about seeing this movie is too see if for free when they air on TV in a year or two. I thought it looked awful in the previews. Just another example of Disney milking something for as long as they can.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Based on what you guys are saying, we will end up seeing it. Sounds like little kids will love it, and I have two of those. If I made it through Baby Geniuses, I can make it through SC3. Maybe I should make sure they know to wake me up for the bloopers.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Well, the kids decided theyd rather see Flushed Away over this, and my mom will probably take them to see SC3 sometime this week.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Well, the kids decided theyd rather see Flushed Away over this, and my mom will probably take them to see SC3 sometime this week.
    Oh yeah, mine said they wanted to see that one also! That looks easier for me to deal with, but pretty sure we'll end up seeing both. Hey, maybe I can ask my mom to take the kids to SC3.... good idea, frecky!!!

• Disneyland Freak

I really liked the first film and the fact that essentially the entire cast returned for the third was a good sign for me. And I was not disappointed, the movie is a great holiday flick and I actually liked it better than part 2 and maybe even slightly more than part 1. The beginning did drag just a bit but the middle/end pick up the pace and it's a really fun movie for the whole family, IMO.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

yeah I saw it yesterday too and was dissapointed. I wasn't expecting ab lockbuster by any means but within the first 10 minutes I was going "what the heck am I watching"
    Then Jack Frosth showed up and I was okkay. This however is funny cause I really don't like Martin Short and the fact that i found him the fun factor in the movie made me laugh.
    But really when you get down to it, he was a complete jerk w/ no redeeming qualities... and the end... oh his poor hair (that's all I'll say).

Okkay, done rambling. Oh and the end did come about way to quick. Big set up for a quick battle. (Yes it's a kid movie yes I'm analyzing too much... oh well)

• Disneyland Freak

I was the same way oddly. I don't care for Martin Short but I absolutely loved his character in the film. The beginning of the movie had some pacing issues (too slow) and near the ending in Frost's North Pole (too quick) but I still enjoyed it a lot. And I'm still amazed that I was able to enjoy a movie that was rated G!!!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

the movie was good, but i liked the second one better, i felt a little dissapointed because i was under the impression that the majorty of the movie was santa dealing with not being santa, but it turned out that it was only a very small portion of the film.
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast