• I Love Disneyland!!

Cool PHOTO UPDATE 11/5/06 - The Music Behind the Magic exhibit at the EMP in Seattle

WELCOME TO THE CLOSEST THING TO DISNEYLAND WE HAVE IN THE NORTHWEST!

"The Music Behind the Magic
    Disney 1928-Today"
    exhibit showing at the Experience Music Project in Seattle, WA
    Nov. 4, 2006-Sept. 9, 2007

Well, if you have read Melonballers EMP update you know that we had a mini-meet which was great. I actually didn't see any signs and wasn't approached by anyone about my picture taking so I kept on with my MiceChatter duties! I ended up with quite a few pictures, some of which are a little blurry so I will try to be picky about what I post. I really enjoyed the exhibit and thought that it was well done. It was smaller than I would have thought, after attending Disneyland’s 50th exhibit in Oakland, but I am glad I got to see it.

I thought that the signs, posters and banners all looked pretty cool

I loved the use of "hidden Mickey's" in the exhibit

You could get an audio guide and all of the numbers to key in were little Mickey's.

As you enter, there is a map of the areas of the exhibit

Each section is broken down into interactive sections

Original storyboard sketches for Pinochio were awesome

Hear multiple versions of Disney songs sung over the years by different artists

Snow White's Mirror

Some movie posters

Costumes from Mary Poppins

and Babes in Toyland

Original sketches for Mickey (Melonballer's favorite!)

Some memorabilia and original sheet music to go with the sketches

Melonballer got a kick out of this sign so I had to take a picture!

Sound effects displays were very cool and the families that were visiting were all over these!!
    They explained how sound effects are made and showed some displays of the types of things they would use to make the sounds

Inside the sound effects room, you could push a button and record your sound effects and then they play back what you recorded with the cartoon. (much like they do with the Ariel voice thing at DCA)

I loved this old pair of ears!

Davey Crocket wall

Very fun and not terribly hard game of the knowledge of Disney music.
    It even comes with a "speed round"!!

There were some nice pieces of art that were supposed to be representing the music of the attractions but Melonballer and I both feel that this part of the exhibit was lacking. They could have done so much better than just to have some art to represent the awesome music that was created for our favorite attractions.
    I believe that one reason that the 50th FW show was loved by so many, was because it highlighted the music and evoked emotions and memories about the attractions that we love so much!

Enchanted Tiki Room

POTC

Haunted Mansion

It's A Small World

And what would a Disney exhibit be without merchandise??!

Well... That's all I got! haha
    I hope you enjoyed this Disney exhibit as we did! I would recommend it to anyone living in or coming to the area.

I need to thank MasterGracey for his "thread format" that I stole (haha), and also for his classes at the "Master Gracey School of Ninja Secret Photography" where I was trained! hahahaa
    Last edited by peoplemover1; 11-06-2006 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Shablagoo!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 11/5/06 - The Music Behind the Magic exhibit at the EMP in Seattle

Great photos Peoplemover1. That please do not feed the animals sign was so funny.

• For You!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 11/5/06 - The Music Behind the Magic exhibit at the EMP in Seattle

Thanks for sharing that! I may just have to make the trip! I didn't think it was going to last that long! Oh, and I like the grey mickey mouse club t-shirt!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Yeah, they had some cool t-shirts there, WAY over priced though, I liked one soooo much. It had Mickey slamming a guitar down. I should have got a picture of it... but they didn't have my size so I was mad... but it was $60!! Do they think they are Vault 28 or something?!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Awesome update peoplemover1!

Wish I could have seen the exhibit! I miss you down here in California!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

My wife was cleaning out some boxes we had stored thsi past week when we were working on our babies room and found a bunch of 45's and other vinyl records from Disney. Looks like you all had a good time. I wish I could see that Louis Armstrong record in the one photo. Thanks for posting them.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Thanks for the great update! Now I know what to expect when I go and what to allow more time for if I bring my kids!! I know they will both love the sound effects stuff and I will have fun with the trivia (although thanks to Melon I know that there are HS Musical questions so I might need the daughter's help with that part!).

Hey - I think there is enough interest that there ought to be a Micechat NW Invasion!! Come on guys, what do you say?
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Hey - I think there is enough interest that there ought to be a Micechat NW Invasion!! Come on guys, what do you say?
    I'm all for it. I was thinking a month or so back that it would be neat to try to have a meet at Silverwood this summer. I know I'll be really busy through the rest of this year, but next is wide open.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Great pics but where is a pic of you two?

That looks like a cool exhibit!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Great pics but where is a pic of you two?

That looks like a cool exhibit!
    hahah
    I try to stay out of all pictures!!
    I took a picture of Melonballer but he said he may be doing a "where's Melonballer" game next week and I didn't want to give away anything in case he goes through with that! haha

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    hahah
    I try to stay out of all pictures!!
    I took a picture of Melonballer but he said he may be doing a "where's Melonballer" game next week and I didn't want to give away anything in case he goes through with that! haha

You took a picture of me? When did that happen? Obviously my spidey-sense faield me. As far as a "where's Melonballer" game, lets just say keep your eyes open in the Disneyland Forum for that. I am still undecided, but its likely to happen.

• Selective Pin Trader

I plan on seeing this exhibit this weekend. I'm really excited.

This will be my first time to the EMP. And I plan to purchase some goodies.
    Last edited by CoP; 11-08-2006 at 12:11 PM.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by CoP View Post
    I plan on seeing this exhibit this weekend. I'm really excited.

HAve a great time!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    You took a picture of me? When did that happen? Obviously my spidey-sense faield me. As far as a "where's Melonballer" game, lets just say keep your eyes open in the Disneyland Forum for that. I am still undecided, but its likely to happen.
    haha Yeah, remember when we were in sneaking pictures of the merch and you were holding up that Walt book ... I totally took 2 pictures of you! hahahahah You looked like Vanna White! hahaha

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    haha Yeah, remember when we were in sneaking pictures of the merch and you were holding up that Walt book ... I totally took 2 pictures of you! hahahahah You looked like Vanna White! hahaha
    Well taht was my guess. I was going for a spokesmodel look.