Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Where should you buy your copy of 'Cars'?

The following information is from http://pixaranimation.blogspot.com/

Cars DVD Exclusives

Exclusives are a fun, if not aggravating, part of new DVD releases. Disney/Pixar releases aren't exempt. So here's a small rundown of bonus gifts and exclusives that you receive when purchasing Cars at your local retailer or e-tailer:

1. The Disney Store had offered up lithographs with the Cars DVD pre-order. Since the film is being released on the 7th, the offer may or may not still be available. I'm not sure the prints are as nice as the Finding Nemo versions (I was disappointed by The Incredibles ones as well, but still decent enough to warrant picking up if you're a Pixar / Cars fan. Though I prefer the lithographs to be on white backgrounds, these aren't too bad. However, I do like the 'All-New 2006 Lineup' image featured inside the back of the Disney Store Cars lithograph portfolio.

2. Wal-Mart presents the Geared Up Bonus DVD - A Music Road Trip with Rascal Flatts featuring:
    The Making of "Life Is A Highway"
    "Life Is A Highway" music video
    Cars: The Making Of The Music
    Under The Hood TV episode

The Bonus DVD appears to be available for both Widescreen and Full Screen versions of the film. We're not sure if this is good in Canada (or elsewhere in the world) as well, but it's worth checking into as international stores have previously carried Bonus DVDs for other films.

3. Future Shop (Canada) is offering a steelbook DVD case with the Cars DVD purchase. This looks to be similar to the one offered for The Incredibles which was modeled after the Disney Treasures series. One bonus offer per customer.

4. Best Buy (USA/Canada) is offering an exclusive lenticular lithograph (in-store only - at least in Canada) and if you purchase the gift set, 4 die-cast cars as well. No confirmation as to the availability of the gift set offer in Canada.

5. Target (USA) is offering 2 versions: Basic version with collectible pin, and Deluxe Edition with Bonus "Rev'd Up" DVD. No word on content of the bonus disc. Check the Weekly Add section of the website to see the offer.

6. Circuit City (USA) is offering a download of Susie, The Little Blue Coupe, which was one of the inspirations behind Cars.

7. Toys "R" Us - Receive a $5.00 Gift Card (USA). Some sources say a Cars inflatable chair is also available with pre-order of the movie but we can't find the offer anywhere online.

8. Zellers (Canada) - Get a $10.00 NASCAR / Cars gift card when you purchase Cars using your HBC Credit Card.

Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Banned User

Re: Where should you buy your copy of 'Cars'?

wow, looks like they have some great deals! I wish I had a cuircut city near me

edited to add I found it on line wooooo hooooo

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Whoever has it the cheapest... so probably Best Buy.

• For You!

good ol' Wal-Mart for me - it was $13.98.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The TARGET bonus disc has some wonderful stuff on it...that'll probably end up on the inevitable 2-disc "ultimate racing machine" edition someday.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

We got ours at Best Buy.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

I bought mine at the Disney Store.

• Senior Minion

Picked mine up for a dollar less at my video store (better then Wal-Mart) and on Widescreen. I really enjoy movies in Widescreen. It doesn't happen to often with Disney DVD's to have this. I love all the options the different companies are offering.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Why do you keep talking?

Taiwan

I'm kidding. I'll probably rent it.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The TARGET bonus disc has some wonderful stuff on it...that'll probably end up on the inevitable 2-disc "ultimate racing machine" edition someday.
    Love the extras on this one.
    My Disk came with these:
    * Mater and the Gaslight
    * One Man Band
    *Inspiration for Cars with John Lasseter
    *Deleted scenes, plus more.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Drunk On Disney

Susie, The Little Blue Coupe inspired Cars??? It's one of my fav shorts, but I really don't see the connection (other than the fact that a car is involved.)

It looks like a tough choice as to what store to buy at! I used to buy everything at Wal Mart to get the bonus DVD. The extra disc, although usually all fluff, was always a good bonus.

However, in the last few months they seem to always charge an extra $5 for the version with the extra disc.

If that is the case, the extra disc ("The Making of "Life Is A Highway","Life Is A Highway" music video,Cars: The Making Of The Music & Under The Hood TV episode) isn't really worth it.

Take your $5 and go over to the Wal Mart DVD bin and take home a copy of Doc Hollywood. THAT has more in common with Cars than Susie, The Little Blue Coupe does.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Take your $5 and go over to the Wal Mart DVD bin and take home a copy of Doc Hollywood. THAT has more in common with Cars than Susie, The Little Blue Coupe does.

Evenmoreso, To Wong Fu, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar, in which drag queens replace the drag race...
    -Tim

• Minion

Anyone else think the Cars DVD sucks?

They really cheaped out on the special features. Definitely doesn't warrant a purchase in my book. I'm almost positive that they're going to double dip and release a 2 disc collector's set.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post

They really cheaped out on the special features. Definitely doesn't warrant a purchase in my book. I'm almost positive that they're going to double dip and release a 2 disc collector's set.
    Yeah, I was disappointed by the lack of special features on the disc (got mine at Best Buy with the little cars). Well, whenever they come out with a better version, I'll be sure to buy that and give this version to my niece.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post

Not sucky . . . just disappointing:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast