Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    If the final episode (though its in reality #3 in the saga series) is done right that is correctly it will be the crowning masterpiece of both the 20th and 21st century. There has only been a few series even remotely as close as SW in viewer loyalty such as the Matrix trilogy. LOTR is the obvious most popular series though it and Matrix were developed in a shorter and closer time span.

Star Wars cannot be replicated and hardly imitated though its hopeful another producer/director may take up with episodes of after #6 (the legacy continued from Princess Leia/Hans Solo) that GL did visualize, if I remember correctly the original saga was of 9 episodes and was slated to finish around 2008 or so but rumors are that GL wants to retire entirely.

The absolute best thing that could happen would be for Disney to buy the rights to produce, direct from start to finish the final three episodes (7,8,and 9) use these for the base theme of Tomorrowland and update ST.

It would be expensive but a better deal than buying the Family Channel or even ABC.

With a proper theme and story its possible to even surpass a Pixar dominated future.

BUT.....only if Disney could approach Lucas and obviously Eisner failed in all respects of supporting a proper business relationship.

I actually read somewhere that Lucas' Daughter was going to take over the helm of Directing Episodes 6-9 (Probably on some fan boy website). Pretty scary since she's the one that convinced her father to put in N'Sync as Jedi in Ep. 2 (You see them on the huge Jedi fight in the Arena- I cheered as each one was killed)....or was it his youngest daughter who wanted N'Sync. Anyway, I think Lucas handing the Star Wars Universe over to Disney is a bad idea except to bring it to life as rides and attractions. Honestly, would you like to be sitting in Star Wars movie and see REX (The Droid from Star Tours) in a role.....Oh wait, that would be pretty cool.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

I'm so excited to see the story come full circle...it's gonna be great!
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    "Why it's your father's lightsaber....When you absolutley positively have to kill every last MO**** FU**ing stormtrooper in the room...ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS!!!!"
    Yes!!!! I keep waiting for a line like this for Jackson, for all of us hopeless movie geeks! Or even better, (I'm daydreaming) you see only Mace Windu's shoes walking along the corridor, the bottom of his robes floating along behind them. Faintly, then growing, you hear the opening guitar licks of the Shaft theme, then just as it opens up he draws his light saber and starts kickin' clone trooper @$$!

"Oh, who is the man, who'd risk his neck for his Jedi brother man?...."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    Yes!!!! I keep waiting for a line like this for Jackson, for all of us hopeless movie geeks! Or even better, (I'm daydreaming) you see only Mace Windu's shoes walking along the corridor, the bottom of his robes floating along behind them. Faintly, then growing, you hear the opening guitar licks of the Shaft theme, then just as it opens up he draws his light saber and starts kickin' clone trooper @$$!

"Oh, who is the man, who'd risk his neck for his Jedi brother man?...."

Mace: So Yoda, would you give a man a foot massage?
    Yoda: No, Wont says I
    Mace: Ya' know Yoda, My feet are getting awfully tired.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (opening trunk of landspeeder, Obi Wan looks in)
    Obi Wan: Who's the stiff?
    Mace: That is Greedo, old employee of mine. Had to let him go.
    (Pointing blaster at Count Dooku's head)
    Maceoes Yoda look like a B***h?
    Dooku: What?
    Mace: Say What one more time M****r ********r!!!! Does Yoda look like a B***h to you?
    Dooku: Nnnnnnooo
    Mace: Then why ya' trying to ******* him like one Dooku?
    Mace: Check out the big brain on Anakin!!!
    PirateMunkee

• Minion

I only watch the original film nowadays and try to avoid all of the disappointing sequels. The original, joyful, breezy Star Wars was really coming from an entirely different entertainment/tone aesthetic. Too bad the recent films are so leaden... I really don't care if I ever see the next one, but I surely will...

...just wish they would stop retitling Star Wars "Episode IV: The New Hope" on packaging.

• A Little Rabid

You know, if I didn't have school, I'd attend Star Wars Celebration III. I keep thinking that Lucas'll show an advance screening.

Too excited for words. I'm stocking up on my parodies and articles. Mainly, I just wanna see where Anakin and Padme's infatuation of romance dies. And how HE came to be.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    Personally Episode three will be the biggest event of over 25 years of Star Wars, I cannot understand why people do not understand the the historic significance this next episode is, of course those that gripe about the new episodes were not born when the original Ep 3 came out and how it affected everything and everybody.

Those of you that don't appreciate the endless timeless story please let us others do....
    I disagree. The majority of griping about the prequels (my own included) is from people who did love the original trilogy, but feel that the newer films just don't live up to what could have been. Are they visually stunning? Absofreakinlutely! It's the scripts and the story telling that I have a problem with. Lucas is so obsessed with the visual goodies and all the technology that telling a compelling story is an after thought. Technology is a wonderful thing when used to ENHANCE an already great story, but not when it is the story. Have i seen them all? yeah. Will i see the this one? most likely, if for no other reason than just to satisfy my curiosity and fill in the final blanks for myself.

That said, I just read this morning that according to an interview with Anthony Daniels, the character with the first line in New Hope also has the final line in RotS, his character, C3PO.

• Banned User

I don't even think the new ones are visually stunning. Lucas exploits the use of computer generated animation and it is just horrid to look at on screen.

• Banned User

I personally love the prequels. But then, I can accept that Lucas' intention all along was to create a much darker, more brooding set of films this time. They are telling the story of Darth Vader and the fall of the Republic, after all, and I really feel that if he had filmed them with the same tongue-in-cheek gusto as ep's IV through VI, it would have been completely inappropriate to the story line.

I can't argue against the complaints that the use of digital effects is somewhat overdone, but all in all, I really think the films are well done within themselves. Of course, this could all change with Ep III. Lucas does, IMHO, have a great responsibility to set-up the original trilogy, and coherently tie these two trilogies together. If he does it correctly, then I'm sure that it will all make much more sense as a series. If not, well, then he's just a nerf herder...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    I actually read somewhere that Lucas' Daughter was going to take over the helm of Directing Episodes 6-9 (
    Well, that would be a trick
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    Of course, this could all change with Ep III. Lucas does, IMHO, have a great responsibility to set-up the original trilogy, and coherently tie these two trilogies together. If he does it correctly, then I'm sure that it will all make much more sense as a series. If not, well, then he's just a nerf herder...
    He doesn't need to tie in with the original trilogy because he'll just keep going back and changing it to fit. Just like with Hayden at the end of Return of the Jedi. There was no reason for that change. Did we really not know that the other old guy was Anakin.

I really do hope that he can tie this one in with the original without having to alter them.

• Space Mountain Expert

Hmmmm,
    Now this is something I definitely have an opinion on. Ever since Vader walked through that doorway 2 minutes into 'A New Hope' I've loved his character. With this next film being literally about the 'Birth' of Vader, Lucas has some pretty important expectations to meet.
    Here's to hoping that it will be as great on screen as it has been in my mind these past two decades.
    Props to all who have answered my insane questions on here as well. Just learning the system.
    Any thoughts on what would be a sweet new destination for Rex and Star Tours???

Long live Vader and the Empire!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Banned User

hmm.. need to see the movie.... then dont click here

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    hmm.. need to see the movie.... then dont click here
    OMG that is just way too funny!!! LOL
    PirateMunkee

• A Little Rabid

Something told me someone would put a link up to A Lost Hope here!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast