• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

WD Records Releases 50th Anniversary Commemorative CD - Business Wire, 11/10/06

Business Wire, 11/10/06
    Walt Disney Records Celebrates 50 Years of Turning Music into Gold with a Two-Disc Commemorative Edition Disney: The Music Behind the Magic

Featuring Special Liner Notes by Film Critic and Historian Leonard Maltin

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Walt Disney Records (WDR) is proud to celebrate its 50th anniversary with the November 7, 2006 release of Disney: The Music Behind the Magic, a special 2-disc commemorative edition set filled with the music that has been enchanting and entertaining audiences for generations. Disney: The Music Behind the Magic highlights 50 of the most beloved musical classics and current hits from Disney movies, television shows, theme parks and Broadway musicals. The deluxe package includes liner notes written by respected film critic and historian Leonard Maltin.

The 50 carefully selected tracks represent numerous milestones for the label and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) such as "Some Day My Prince Will Come" from Snow White (first soundtrack), "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio (theme song for TWDC), "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" (first single from a television show), "Monkey’s Uncle" by Annette Funicello (the label’s first teen sensation), tracks from Mary Poppins (album held the #1 position on Billboard's Top 200 Chart for 14 weeks) and "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King (soundtrack earned WDR its first Diamond Award from the R.I.A.A., certifying sales of 10 million units). Disney: The Music Behind the Magic also includes "Cheetah Sisters" from The Cheetah Girls (multi-platinum soundtrack) and the gold single "Breaking Free" (the mega-hit single from 2006's multi-platinum soundtrack and the #1 best-selling album of the year, High School Musical).
    Full Story: Walt Disney Records Celebrates 50 Years of Turning Music into Gold with a Two-Disc Commemorative Edition Disney: The Music Behind the Magic

• Banned User

Re: WD Records Releases 50th Anniversary Commemorative CD - Business Wire, 11/10/06

Arrrg. This CD is mine!

• Senior Minion

Re: WD Records Releases 50th Anniversary Commemorative CD - Business Wire, 11/10/06

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Arrrg. This CD is mine!
    Ditto. I'll have to add it to my christmas list.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban