• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Swann song from pirate maid Keira - Daily Mail 11/10/06

Swann song from pirate maid Keira

by BAZ BAMIGBOYE
    Daily Mail
    Last updated at 08:57am on 10th November 2006

Keira Knightley: Buckled her last swash

Keira knightley's swashbuckling days are over for good.
    The Oscar-nominated actress shoots her last scene today as pirate wench Elizabeth Swann in the Pirates Of The Caribbean films and she has told the movie's producers that she doesn't want to participate in any further sequels.

Keira's co-star in the series, Johnny Depp, has already said that he would consider playing the ramshackle pirate Captain Jack Sparrow - famously modelled on Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards - as long as the scripts remained good.

Depp has an added incentive to carry on with the films because he's getting a share of the lucrative Jack Sparrow merchandising.
    The third instalment, At World's End, has been shooting on and off for a year. (Production shut down at one point because of bad weather.)
    In between filming, Keira was nominated for a best actress Academy Award for Pride And Prejudice, attended various Knightley: Buckled her last swash premieres of Dead Man's Chest: Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 (the DVD of which comes out on November 20) and then made Atonement, with director Joe Wright.

Shooting resumed in late summer and Keira was reunited with Depp and some of England's finest actors (and most notorious mickey-takers); men such as Bill Nighy, Mackenzie Crook, Tom Hollander and Jack Davenport.
    "I've been playing this girl since I was 17," Keira told me on the set of Atonement.

"I'm 21 now and I'm onto very different things, but it's fun to try to invest Elizabeth with some rebellious spirit.

"But what I'm doing in Atonement is very different. I mean, she is a grown-up woman!"

Keira is far too polite to say, but I suspect that she won't be sorry to say goodbye to Elizabeth Swann.

People who saw a recent screening of a very rough assemblage of footage from Atonement told me that this time next year, audiences (including Oscar voters, I'm sure) are going to be buzzing about Keira and her leading man from that film, James McAvoy.

Also opening with Keira next year will be Francois Girard's picture Silk, in which she plays the wife of a silk merchant.
    And in April, she and Lindsay Lohan will film The Best Time Of Our Lives with director John Maybury.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1794

• Zero Blockout Dates

Re: Swann song from pirate maid Keira - Daily Mail 11/10/06

LOL I love it when celebrities make grand statements. Once her "Art" films fail to bring her anything but good reviews, Palme d'Ors and zero ticket sales we'll see what she has to say then.

I've got 20 gold dubloons says we've not seen the last of Lizzie Swann yet, not by a long shot.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Keira may be going a few steps in the wrong direction,
    agreeing to co-star with Lindsay Lohan.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I think you guys are being too hard on her. She has found quite a bit of critical acclaim outside of the "Pirate's" franchise (Bend it Like Beckham, Love Actually, Pride and Prejudice). I don't think she needs to rely on the franchise for success and its always a good idea to get out while you are ahead. We don't know what that third installment would bring, but maybe she doesn't think there is anywhere else for her character to go.

Anyways, I think she is a great and talented actress that doesn't have anything to worry about.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    Once her "Art" films fail to bring her anything but good reviews, Palme d'Ors and zero ticket sales we'll see what she has to say then.
    Yeah, and those little Best Actress Academy Award nominations...
    She's young and wants to stretch. She has had the great fortune to play a part in not just a successful film franchise but an outright phenomenon. That alone sets her in front of virtually any other actress her age already, it'll be interesting to see what lies ahead.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Earth Intruder

I don't think she's acting snotty or ungrateful - she just wants to move on. After playing playing a particular character off and on for 4 years, it doesn't seem wierd to want some closure.

Tho I have to say, hanging out with Lindsay Lohan isn't the wisest of ideas, hopefully the relationship will be about the work
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!