• Greetings, Program!

Dark Crystal 2 coming soon?

Aint It Cool News has the scoop.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20225

Still love this flick. Badass Muppets with swords and giant killer fleas.....

However, it won't be the same without FIZZGIG!!!! They better bring the little lintball back!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Still lost in Neverland

I think this is the single greatest true "Fantasy" film every made, and the best movie Jim Henson and crew ever did. I recently rebought the DVD in the deluxe boxed set with the littel booklet and other cool stuff. I love this movie.

That being said, I am not so sure about this "Sequel". Without Jim or Frank around to oversee it worries me to no end. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. We can keep our fingers crossed.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Frank may still have some interest. He hasn't totally cut all ties with Henson yet, he still apparently does some stuff for Sesame Street though they now mostly have new Muppeteers. Either way, a sequel would be freaking sweet if done right.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I'm all for a sequel. The first one was such an awesome movie.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• șoș Tom șoș

Expect a lot of great material coming out of Henson studios this year as they revamp and fight back against the onslaught of CGI! There company is a leading forerunner in CGI pioneering but have plans to unleash a flurry of hybred projects hot off the success of Farscape and a reenergized interest in Muppets.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    I'm all for a sequel. The first one was such an awesome movie.
    The amazing thing about TDC is they managed to make such an epic-scale film out of Muppets! Everything about it felt so....big, larger than life. Has to this day what is one of my favorite motion picture scores as well.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    The amazing thing about TDC is they managed to make such an epic-scale film out of Muppets! Everything about it felt so....big, larger than life. Has to this day what is one of my favorite motion picture scores as well.
    Oh true dat! Same goes with Labyrinth. People who play with puppets all day everyday have an advantage in the imagination department, why do you think I am thrilled my good friend from college just started back at Henson Studios and might help me get a job!

God Speed and good luck to sequels and new original Henson projects!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    I have to agree, the movie did have such a grand scale feel to it. It has held up to the test of time, too, I've viewed it again recently and it was just as good as it was when I was a kid. The Jr. Miss agrees.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Reaver of Souls

Funny that the article on AICN talks about the work on HHGttG, but doesn't mention Farscape. I personally think the puppet work on Farscape was greatly superior to HHGttG... The emotion and depth they got out of those puppets on a TV show was astounding. What they could do with Dark Crystal now could be mind blowing. All I could think about when watching the Halosians on the Farscape episode "Out of Their Minds" was the Dark Crystal... That was a hilarious episode, by the way. "You were in my shoes, I was in your pants..."
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

My god! i love this movie, it's one of my obessions since i was little, i even had two video incarnations but now i have three DVD versions such as the Special edition, Superbit and Collector's Edition plus a movie poster.

I've seen the movie about a thousand times since i was young, it's one of my personal faves, can't wait for the sequel