Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

• e komo mai

Exclamation 'Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith' Reviews Here (Spoiler Alert)

Here's a thread to post your personal review of 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith'.

Be forewarned, there may be spoilers in this thread. If you don't want to know what happens prior to seeing the flick, don't read this thread!

Okay, have at it.

I'm going to see it on Thursday. I'll post mine then.

(So very excited to see this one...)

• Senior Minion

Bring on the spoilers, I already read it. And have seen the photos. Also A friend of mine Got to meet Mark Hamill and said he was a very kind gentlemen, Whereas another actor in the "Sith" Movie was not so cool. That was here in Modesto. The Modesto Bee had a front page with 30 Stormtroopers and Chewbacca. Not sure if the Chewbacca wasThe original actor Peter Mayhew, But I know my friend I work with thought it was really cool.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Reaver of Souls

Biggest spoiler ever? Anakin really isn't Darth Vader, or Luke's father. Obi-Wan is really Luke's father (he simply couldn't resist after seeing Padmé in that hot leather number!), and Vader is actually just a machine, with built-in holographic projectors to make it appear there's a person inside. Palpatine uses the Vader-bot so he doesn't have to travel around so much. (he hates space travel, but is too embarassed to tell anyone!)

There's your spoilers for the day. Enjoy!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Not sure if the Chewbacca wasThe original actor Peter Mayhew.
    Yep, that was Peter Mayhew. But I didn't see a credit for David Prowse though, so either it wasn't him in the Vader suit or he was uncredited. Though come to think of it, James Earl Jones wasn't credited either, I don't think.

One of the comments about the film that I've heard is disappointment that there are no surprises, which I find a bit ludicrous. What, Anakin becomes Darth Vader? Padme gives birth to twins? Really? It's like the search for Rosebud. The answer is not what Rosebud means but more what you learn on your quest to find that answer.

I'm one of those who liked Episodes 1 and 2. Having seen them again recently, I still like them, though they do have their weak points, as do 4, 5 and 6. Particularly with the love scenes, which are awkward, but then I thought the love scenes between Han and Leia were awkward too. There are not as many of them between Anakin and Padme as in Episode 2, but you need some to establish the relationship they have.

I thought the stuff with General Grevious was ok, but I thought it was more for show rather than story. We already had Darth Maul with the double-sided lightsabre - we need something more this time. Oh, I know - we'll give him FOUR lightsabres. Yeah, well, Kenobi dispatches with 2 of them fairly easily.

In general, I really liked the film, and I was totally invested in it. You're so used to Vader being the bad guy from 4, 5 and 6, though he gets a bit of redemption in 6. But you really see how he goes from being an innocent and sweet boy to the monster of the universe. Whereas 4, 5 and 6 was Luke's development from naive boy to Jedi Knight, 1, 2 and 3 are about Anakin's development from naive boy to one of the most evil creatures in the universe, but in the transition, you totally feel for him.

I found the Jedi massacre segment to be very affecting, and I'll admit that I was close to tears when Anakin was on his rampage, especially with the younglings. I knew where he was going, but I still didn't want him to go there. And then to see the change in Padme's face when she realizes what has happened to Anakin.

I guess with the death of Padme, we can put to rest one of the oft-argued points about Leia's mother. As I recall, one of the novelizations mentions Leia's mother going with her to Alderaan and posing as her nanny. There's also a slight discrepancy since Leia in Episode 6 tells Luke that she barely remembers her mother, only that she was sad. Well, that can't very well have been Padme since she died at birth, so is the sad mother she remembers Bail Organa's wife? And, another oft-argued point - was Owen Lars really Luke's uncle or was he really Ben's brother? Now we know that he really was Luke's uncle, even if by marriage.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Here's my latest avitar in time for SW3
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    I guess with the death of Padme, we can put to rest one of the oft-argued points about Leia's mother. As I recall, one of the novelizations mentions Leia's mother going with her to Alderaan and posing as her nanny. There's also a slight discrepancy since Leia in Episode 6 tells Luke that she barely remembers her mother, only that she was sad. Well, that can't very well have been Padme since she died at birth, so is the sad mother she remembers Bail Organa's wife? And, another oft-argued point - was Owen Lars really Luke's uncle or was he really Ben's brother? Now we know that he really was Luke's uncle, even if by marriage.
    Don't be too sure about the thing with Padme. If you read any of the Zahn novels, you saw that Leia could communicate with her unborn twins through the force, so their's a loophole there that GL could use. But the you wonder why Luke doesn't have the same force-induced memories...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Don't be too sure about the thing with Padme. If you read any of the Zahn novels, you saw that Leia could communicate with her unborn twins through the force, so their's a loophole there that GL could use. But the you wonder why Luke doesn't have the same force-induced memories...
    I love Timothy Zahn's writing, and I particularly love his "Heir to the Empire" trilogy, but I'm pretty strict when it comes to canon - if it's not in the films, it's not part of the "real story". But even with Leia, as I recall, she could communicate with them because of her ability to tap the force, not necessarily theirs. In that case, since Padme is not force-strong, I'm not sure I'd buy that a developing child/baby is force-strong enough by him/herself to be able to sense Padme's feelings, especially since both Luke's and Leia's force abilities didn't really materialize until much later in life.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Here's my latest avitar in time for SW3
    Whoa!! that is a awesome avatar, Cousin You are on fire this week!!! keep em' coming!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Circle of Ancients

It's been reported that it's actually Hayden Christensen in the Darth suit. He was so into it that he begged Lucas to let him actually BE Darth.

Reviews I have read so far have been generally positive. Ebert and Roeper gave it Two Thumbs Up which I think is a first, at least for this latest trilogy.

• Minion

Well, here's a link to the New York Times review of the film. One of the first I've seen from a reliable source.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/16/mo...homepage?8hpib

• done

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention: I thought it was cool that "Tarkin" was on the bridge with Palpatine and Vader. What a great tribute.

• Practically Perfect

I guess with the death of Padme, we can put to rest one of the oft-argued points about Leia's mother. As I recall, one of the novelizations mentions Leia's mother going with her to Alderaan and posing as her nanny. There's also a slight discrepancy since Leia in Episode 6 tells Luke that she barely remembers her mother, only that she was sad. Well, that can't very well have been Padme since she died at birth, so is the sad mother she remembers Bail Organa's wife?
    I do remember reading somewhere that they tried to make Bail's wife resemble Padame as much as possible...

And, I have had time to read the whole book yet (but I love it!) but I remember someone online talking about when the twins were born that luke's eyes were closed and leia's were wide open...don't quote me on that, but if so that's kinda cool. I just can't wait to see how they play it out in the movie!

• e komo mai

I have my tickets for 5/19. I can't wait. I'll post my thoughts after...

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    I havent bought my tickets yet, im just showing up at the theatre ten minutes before the show buying my ticket and going in. Its nice living in a small town in New Zealand, no star wars lines! Though I am sad that Im missing the dressing up and all, so I decided that after I get back, my friends and I are going to another high profile movie, and we are dressing up as Jedis. Its gonna be great!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Love!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    It's like the search for Rosebud.
    Ahh. It all makes sense now. I can see the next sequel flashing before me:

STAR WARS
    Episode III.V
    The Quest for Marion Davies' Hoo-Ha

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast