Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• white and nerdy

Micechat's 100 greatest movies of all time!!

Do you know what bugs me about all those “top 100 movies of all time” lists? No one bothers to ask me. I know, all those experts are suppose to know what they are talking about, right?
    Well, now here is our chance to make our own list.
    Here’s the deal: PM or E-mail me your favorite movies of all time. I will collect and tally up the data, then give the top movies of all time as voted on by Micechat members. The Movie that gets the most votes shall be named the best.

I will collect votes up until January 25th. Hopefully we get enough people to vote to have a full “top 100 movies of all time” list of our own.

Here are the rules:

1. Each person can nominate up to 20 movies, no more. If you want to nominate less than 20, that’s fine. You can do as few as you wish, but no more than 20.

2. Each movie in a series counts as a separate movie. You can’t say “The Star Trek Movies” you have to chose movies specifically.

3. Don’t rank your own movies. Don’t say, “My first favorite is ‘Rachael, Rachael’ My second favorite is, ‘The Revenge of Blah’ etc etc etc” The list will depend on how many people nominate each movie, not what number favorite it was for everyone.

4. If you want, write up a reason why you love the movie so much. When I post the winners, I’ll quote members who write up a good piece on it. If you wish to have your vote remain anonymous, then let me know that as well.

5. Try to nominate all of your movies at once. It could get confusing trying to see how many someone voted for once. Also, don’t send me a message saying you changed your mind. Make sure you vote for what you want the first time.

That’s it. I’ll post the winning thread with all the winners soon after the 25th. So… Let me hear from ya’ll!!!!
    Last edited by thejoshualee; 01-18-2007 at 09:02 AM.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Micechat's 100 greatest movies of all time!!

Great Idea!!!

I'll ponder my choices for a few days and then PM you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I like the idea, I sent my favorite movies to you.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Neat! Ill definately participate
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
    • debating what to put here

Pondered and sent...
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Coming soon...

Getting ready to send!

• white and nerdy

Getting some GREAT movies in my inbox. My wife is currently working on a little signature box if anyone wants to advertise this to people. The more who participate the better the list will be.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I'll you my list later, once I have compiled it all.

• I was deleted.

Awesome idea!!

You must be still bored with things to do at night. Let me know if you need help.

• Banned User

can we post them here? amd will we get to see what everyone elses lists were?

• Banned User

I just sent my list in....

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    can we post them here? amd will we get to see what everyone elses lists were?
    I guess you can... but if you do it may influence other people's list... I'm getting some great, varied lists so far. I'd hate to see people get ideas from other people's list. I know that making the list is hard, and I'd like to show off my own list, so I plan on making every one's list visible at the end.... at least those of you who don't want to be anonymous. There are great movies that only one person may list... I won't go into the grand detail with them as I will with the top 100, but they deserve to be mentioned anyway. SO... I guess you can, but I'd rather you not.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    I guess you can... but if you do it may influence other people's list... I'm getting some great, varied lists so far. I'd hate to see people get ideas from other people's list. I know that making the list is hard, and I'd like to show off my own list, so I plan on making every one's list visible at the end.... at least those of you who don't want to be anonymous. There are great movies that only one person may list... I won't go into the grand detail with them as I will with the top 100, but they deserve to be mentioned anyway. SO... I guess you can, but I'd rather you not.

just want to say this is a FANTASTIC idea.. thanks for thinking of it

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    your right josh, I was just thrilled to remember the greats we have not seen in a long time. I can not wait to see everyones all time favorites, I wonder if anyone has mentioned some of mine.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    your right josh, I was just thrilled to remember the greats we have not seen in a long time. I can not wait to see everyones all time favorites, I wonder if anyone has mentioned some of mine.
    Without giving anything away... yes. Yes they have. Several of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast