Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Narnia 2

• Still lost in Neverland

Narnia 2

I remember hearing some time ago that filming on the second installment of The Chronicles of Narnia was to start filming and haven't heard a thing sense. Does anybody have connections or maybe read something somewhere about how this one is coming along and when we can expect it in theaters?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Practically Perfect

Re: Narnia 2

this is all I got:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499448/

Rumor is: May 16th, 2006

I'm looking forward to this one though. I LOVED the first one!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Hope this helps, here's some current info we've seen & reported:

'Prince Caspian' signs up VFX house - VFXWorld.com 9/7/06
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...prince+caspian

'Prince Caspian' moves from 12/07 to summer 2008 -
    The Hollywood Reporter 5/17/06

Win a trip to 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian' set! - 8/2/06
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Breaking in her new jeans

There eventually gonna have all the books. Its just gonna be drawn out like Harry Potter has been.

• Still lost in Neverland

Well at least it's still showing on the schedules. Moving it to 2008 is probably a clue as to the extent filming is going due to all the stuff they have to do with live action before they can even add in the CGI stuff. I am hoping that this is going to be as good as the first one. Disney needs a fantasy franchise other than Pirates. And this is one of the best ever written. And the fact that the secular group is behind these books, and therefore the movie, is a good thing either. This means the so called "Bible Belt" are will go see this one, whereas they might not be so inclined to see a bunch of sinful pirates looting and pillaging and other things that Pirates are want to do.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Infinitized!

Are they going to use the same kids for The Last Battle?

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

I can't wait for The Magican's Nephew, that was always my favorite....but it's the 6th in the series I have awhile......
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Are they going to use the same kids for The Last Battle?
    Thats my question too - isn't it the same group of kids throughout the books? I never read them so I don't know

• Rawr...

Thats my question too - isn't it the same group of kids throughout the books? I never read them so I don't know
    Nah. It goes through generations if I remember correctly. But dont quote me... I haven't read the books in a long time.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyForever View Post
    I can't wait for The Magican's Nephew, that was always my favorite....but it's the 6th in the series I have awhile......

I like the Silver Chair. That one will be very interesting to see on the big screen.

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

i cant wait i loved the first but then 2nd has been in production for some time now :-\ better be good..
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Well at least it's still showing on the schedules. Moving it to 2008 is probably a clue as to the extent filming is going due to all the stuff they have to do with live action before they can even add in the CGI stuff. I am hoping that this is going to be as good as the first one. Disney needs a fantasy franchise other than Pirates. And this is one of the best ever written. And the fact that the secular group is behind these books, and therefore the movie, is a good thing either. This means the so called "Bible Belt" are will go see this one, whereas they might not be so inclined to see a bunch of sinful pirates looting and pillaging and other things that Pirates are want to do.

I wonder sometimes about the bible belts. Most people dont know that the majority of C.S. Lewis's book were about christianity. Why cant they leave things like movies that touch issues on magic. The really need to not focus on that so much and focus on the overall picture as to who he is.

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Becka-Lynn View Post
    I wonder sometimes about the bible belts. Most people dont know that the majority of C.S. Lewis's book were about christianity. Why cant they leave things like movies that touch issues on magic. The really need to not focus on that so much and focus on the overall picture as to who he is.
    true...but sadly people do concentrate on these things...i found a whole site of radical christians that called harry potter a advertisement for satan and wikka rituals and they broke down each book and pointed out what was satanic and how it related...it was crazy...but its out there...its just a story people need to learn that and move onnnn...i dont think harry potter sparked a giant interest in people performing magic and spells...maybe intrigued of few kids imaginations but nothing more...hehe
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by mousephreak23 View Post
    true...but sadly people do concentrate on these things...i found a whole site of radical christians that called harry potter a advertisement for satan and wikka rituals and they broke down each book and pointed out what was satanic and how it related...it was crazy...but its out there...its just a story people need to learn that and move onnnn...i dont think harry potter sparked a giant interest in people performing magic and spells...maybe intrigued of few kids imaginations but nothing more...hehe

My mom was very anti Harry Potter UNTIL she saw the Barbara Walters special with J.K. Rowling. That changed her mind and after that she was very willing to not only buy me the book for my bday the day it came out like 2 months early ( which shocked the heck outta me), but watched the movies with me as well.

My dad is th exact oppisit of these people. He is a devout catholic and can sit there and convince you that these books have to do with catholisim and how its all good. He loves the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Most of the same kids, yeah. Peter, Edmund and Lucy are the same at the beginning of the series as at the end...I think maybe 3 years have gone by total? It's a relatively small number of years anyway. ONly Susan isn't in the last book. And then of course, they add Jill and Eustance.

I wondered how they would do the filming because there's nothing I hate worse than different actors playing the same roles. I mean, the current Dumbledore irritates me and that wasn't anyones fault. Not to mention, Jadith is in book 6 as well as the first one. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast