Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Smile Why did you join DVC?

This is a thread for all the MC DVC members out there to give us your story! Tell us what made you decide to join DVC!

I'll go first!

After sitting through our fair share of various timeshare spiels throughout the years, I was hopeful that Disney would have something better to offer. I sat on the fence for over a year after hearing about the DVC, but finally decided to sign our family up for a tour.

Our DVC Guide was Tom (I believe he's still in Anaheim) who was great. The presentation was straightforward, easy and low pressure. We didn't feel like "It's Now or Never" with anything, which helped us to be able to think it over at home.

We are procrastinators to the core and even though we have always wanted to take vacations, we just never would plan them out. DVC helped us to "budget" our vacation time and dollars in a way that really works for our family.

We've been members for just over a year and have enjoyed several short vacations and one week-long WDW vacation so far. We were able to use our points for our stay during the MC WDW trip! We're looking forward to another WDW vacation, hopefully at the end of 2007!

I'd love to hear from all our MC DVC Members!!
    <o>

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: Why did you join DVC?

I haven't done much research into DVC personally yet, but I've always been intrigued by it, especially if we were to move away from So Cal. Something that makes it easy to plan and budget a trip would be great. I look forward to hearing what other people have to say about their DVC experiences.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Prefect

Blog Entries

The cool thing about DVC is that you can use your points to stay all over, not just at WDW.
    <o>

It is affordable for a single person.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    It is affordable for a single person.
    I think so. I joined two years ago. Bought in to the minimum number of points, at the cheapest level. That still gives me about 2 weeks at WDW in a DVC Studio in the off season. I've been nothing but happy with it.

I've even traded my points for use at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego.

It is a very easy and very affordable program.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Feeling LOVED

I can't say enough great things about it. I took my first WDW trip last Feb and stayed at the All Star Movies, although its the budget hotel, it was still expensive, and the beds were horrible. We had a fabulous time and I was excited to go again. My fiance had been looking into the DVC for some time and really wanted to join. I wasn't sold until I went on my vacation. After looking at everything he had sent away for, I decided to go to the DVC at the Disneyland hotel and listen to there spiel. I LOVED our sales rep Megan. She made it very simple and explained everything perfectly. I had never understood the whole timeshare thing before this. Once I heard it could be used all over I was sold. I have 2 boys who absolutely love Disney, we bought 2 policies so that our points could take a family of four for over 2 weeks no problem. The bonus for us is that each policy will be transfered over to each boy when they have a family of there own, so that they will be able to share the joy we have shared. The other great thing is that we paid cash so now we won't have to worry about our vacations for the next 50 years!! Once we signed all the paper work that night we booked our next vacation which we took in July. Saratoga Springs was fantastic. The room ( 2 bedroom) was very spacious with a great view of downtown disney. The best part was the washer/dryer in the room, which made traveling much easier. I could go on forever talking about what great deal this is. All I can say is that if you are a Disney lover this might be the thing for you......go talk to one of the sales people. It really is a no pressure atmosphere
    Thanks for listening

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone! I love hearing all the stories!

DS, I can't wait to use my points at Hotel Del. I've always wanted to stay there!

Any more DVC'ers out there?
    <o>

• See you there!

Gee too many reasons to list!

We went to WDW for the first time in 1994. We stayed at what was then called simply "The Disney Vacation Club", now Disney's Old Key West Resort.

We stayed there, not because it was a timeshare, but because we could get a room with a Bedroom, Livingroom and kitchen and such. We were traveling with my then 14 year old son and a friend he brought, so we thought the DVC sounded like a good place to stay to give us all some privacy for a weeks stay.

A couple of days into our stay, a DVC rep asked us if we would like a presentation. I was leary, because I had heard all about the "High Pressure" timeshare presetations and wanted no part of that, but I figured I was there, I didn't have to sit through the presentation if it got too high pressure, so we agreed.

The presentation was anything but "High Pressure", in fact, it was the most laid back sales presentation for anythng (even a TV salesman at Circuit City was more hard sell than this person).

We listened, we looked at the resort map, we thought about it, and said we would get back to them. They said OK. No but you must do it this week or you don't get the (anything), they were very pleasant and just gave us lots of information.

When we bought, (2 weeks after we got home) The Disney Vacation Club Resort, (now Disney's Old Key West Resort) was the only DVC resort. We looked at the price and want was included, and at that time (not for just the time we were there) they were offering an incentive package to try to build up the DVC membership. The incentive was that each time you stayed at a DVC resort at WDW you would get Length of Stay Park Hopper Passes for half the number of people the reserved room would hold. Well, a one BR would hold 4, so that was 2 passes, a 2 BR would hold 8, so 4 passes. That was quite an offer. Oh, the passes were to the end of 1999, so that would be most of 5 years of passes. Too good to pass up.

I figure with the passes, and the cost of my DVC, I almost broke even by 2000, and now I figure I'm saving money each time I go.

Between the availability of in-room-laundry and the availability of the kitchen for some meals, I figure I now stay at OKW for less than it would cost me to stay at an All Stars Resort.

We went 6 times before the passes ran out (back in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999) and we've been every year (except 2002) but we went twice in 2001 because the President said that everyone should take their family on vacation to help the travel industry after 9/11. We had already been in the Summer of 2001, so to help out we went back in November. (We also bought a car to help the economy in Oct 2001, I was planning on july 2002, so I just moved it up to try to help).

All in all, I am sold on timeshare, I a totally spoiled, most luxery hotel rooms cannot compare to the comfort of staying in a one br timeshare, and well, OKW has just abut the largest rooms of any timeshare I have ever seen.

Why did I join DVC? Well, it looked like an excuse to make sure I took a vacation each year. Why am I glad I bought DVC? Too many, way, way, too many reasons.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Circle of Ancients

Like Anders I've always been intrigued by the DVC. On our WDW trip we thought about going to one of the booths more than once, but we were too busy having fun.

Maybe next time we go to DL we will look into it. We want to make WDW a yearly thing for sure now.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I first Met Moorigoon at a college named DVC.....lol.... (My Wife too)
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Still wants to be a cat!

The Wolfpack is thinking of looking into this also....but are we commited to taking a vacation every year, can we save our points? We travel quite a bit, that does not include Disney's Resorts or other destinations. The Coronado Del Mar does sound tempting though!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    The Wolfpack is thinking of looking into this also....but are we commited to taking a vacation every year, can we save our points? We travel quite a bit, that does not include Disney's Resorts or other destinations. The Coronado Del Mar does sound tempting though!
    You can bank up to one years points. If you want, you can also borrow up to one years points. So if you know of something big coming up in your family you could bank one year, then next year use the banked points, use the current year's points and borrow the next year's points. That would be one heck of a great vacation!

CU@DL

Andy

• insufferable know-it-all

Sorry to derail for just a sec, but what are the annual "maintenance fees" for DVC? Are they pretty cheap?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I am wondering too, what does it cost? I know there is a down payment, and what do you pay each month. Also, what would be included in a 2 week vacation- is it all-inclusive with airfare and meals, or just hotel and passes? I have been really interested in this, but don't think I can go to a presentation in South Dakota
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

My wife and I had never heard of DVC until our Honeymoon in May of 2003. We spent a week at Walt Disney World and for the first three days we talked about how much we loved Disney and wished we could afford to take us and our kids and grandkids and the whole family and just have fun. We started to watch our TV in our room at the Wilderness Lodge and heard people saying the exact same phrase on the DVC "info-mercial." We were intrigued but didn't want to take time away from our trip to listen to a long boring pressurized spiel. A coupld days went by and we were at EPCOT by the American Pavilion when we saw these two guys at a kiosk excitedly talking about how great this DVC really is. So went over and talked to them and next thing we knew (1 1/2 hours later) we signed up for a meeting. Bobby Cossello (I believe his last name is) met us, greeted us so friendly, and plainly explained EVERYTHING to us. There was absolutely no pressure what so ever and we even got to go have lunch to think it over. Well, 3 1/2 years later and we are loving our DVC! It is one of the best investments ever and it has almost paid for itself. In fact, my wife and I are leaving March 3rd for a 1 week Disney Cruise.....all thanks to the DVC! For anyone interested I highly recommend this!

P.S. Also, "Welcome Home" has never sounded so good until your a DVC Member.

If anyone lives in the Las Vegas area my wife and I would love to share our experiences with the DVC. We could also show your our points books that we get yearly.

DVC also does referrals, we referred a co-worker of mine and got $200 in Disney Dollars!!!
    Last edited by disneyland255; 12-06-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast