Has The Nine been Cancelled?

I cannot find any new listings for my new favorite show, and my heart is breaking as we speak. I even emailed ABC, telling them how much I love the show, how great it is, can they tell me if it had been cancelled, or just shelved until after the holidays. All I got back was the form "thanks for your comments..we cannot answer all of our amil personaly" blah blah blah...
    Does anyone know if this is a bad sign for the nine? Any other fans worried?
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Has The Nine been Cancelled?

I believe so. Check out TVGuide.com - I think it was their graveyard that said it was canceled. Or maybe it's ew.com?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Yes, cancelled.

• Yeah, I know Tui.

I'm pretty sure it's canceled

• My cuties!

Not surprised. It started out so good but then just drug on and on. They really needed to spend more time on what happened during the 52 hours and less on the present.

• Yeah, I know Tui.

I thought It'd be like Lost for some reason

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

from thefutoncritic.com:

'ABC is putting "The Nine" on the bench as the network has pulled the series from its schedule effective immediately.

A series low 4.1 million viewers, including a 1.5 rating/4 share in adults 18-49 according to preliminary Nielsen data, tuned into the show's latest installment.

A special edition of "20/20" will assume the show's Wednesday, 10:00/9:00c slot this week while the network's other newsmagazine "Primetime" will assume the slot on December 6.

As for "The Nine," a note on the show's official web site simply states: "The Nine will be returning later this season."

The series joins fellow newcomer "Six Degrees" on the sidelines as neither series has been extended beyond its original 13-episode order. (ABC however ordered four additional scripts of "The Nine" last month.)

Meanwhile, the news was much brighter for NBC's "30 Rock" as the Peacock has asked for three additional scripts of the series.

The news comes in spite of a lackluster turnout for its special 40-minute installment on November 16 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.4 rating/6 share in adults 18-49.

"Rock" slides into its regular time period of Thursdays at 9:30/8:30c this week.'

That is so sad, it is such a great show! I wouldn't look at the clock until at least :45, its so sad that something different can't survive in the TV world of today. Studios never give a show a chance to build an audience. They don't build an audience because itsd pointless to get into a show thats just going to get pulled and leave you hanging in the long run!
    Then they pull it because of the day before Thankgiving show numbers? What sense does that make? I was halfway to Vegas that night! But first thing Monday morning I logged on and watched it online...
    Oh well, now they are free to crank out another cheap reality show to fill the void!
    Sorry for the rant, I'm almost done wiping my tears....
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!