• My arms are tired!

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire teaser trailer

Here's the first glance we get at the Goblet of Fire, the dragon and the mer-people.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter/thegobletoffire/large.html

There's enough to entice me, this is my favorite of the books, thusfar.

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• Still lost in Neverland

I think this one looks good, but then I love all the books and ALL the movies. I don't know why people continue to complain so much about the first movie. Usually when a movie is made from a book, everybody complains that the movie doesn't follow the book closley enough. When the first two HP films came out, they did leave some parts out (but so did Peter Jackson in all three of his LOTR movie and they ran three hours plus proving you can't put everything from a book into a movie) but they followed the books almost word for word and now people complain because they are too close to the books. I guess you can't please people no matter what you do.

I loved the magic of the first two movies, and the look and story telling of the third. It was a change from what had gone before, but then the Castle is magic and if it want's to change the way it looks, it can.

This new movie looks great. I also loved the thrid and fourth books the most as well. Had a real hard time getting into the fifth bood for some reason. I have read the first four books many times over, but can't get into re-reading the fifth book yet.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• insufferable know-it-all

Books 3 and 5 were a toss up for best book, IMHO.

I like a lot about the new style, but at the same time, I don't like the fact that he made changes to existing things... like the clothes! Um.. hello.... wizards are supposed to have no muggle fashion sense!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

The trailer is nothing like I imagined...I'm soooo excited!!! And Victor Krum is HOTT!!!
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I don't know why people continue to complain so much about the first movie. Usually when a movie is made from a book, everybody complains that the movie doesn't follow the book closley enough. When the first two HP films came out, they did leave some parts out (but so did Peter Jackson in all three of his LOTR movie and they ran three hours plus proving you can't put everything from a book into a movie) but they followed the books almost word for word and now people complain because they are too close to the books. I guess you can't please people no matter what you do.

I loved the magic of the first two movies, and the look and story telling of the third. It was a change from what had gone before, but then the Castle is magic and if it want's to change the way it looks, it can.

This new movie looks great. I also loved the thrid and fourth books the most as well. Had a real hard time getting into the fifth bood for some reason. I have read the first four books many times over, but can't get into re-reading the fifth book yet.
    I agree with you on book 1/film 1. People do not realize, book 1 is the set up and let's you get in to the whole magical world Rowling has created. As with every film based on a book, there are going to have to be cuts, otherwise each film would be many hours long (I would have no problem with this....).

It took me until my 4th read through to "get" book 5. It is still not my favorite in some respects, I guess I have remained a child at heart, but have forgotten the angst of being a pre-teen mid-teen with growing pains! Was I the only one whole felt that Sirrius' death was, eh? Now if it had been Hagrid, I would have wept so much and ruiined the book by flooding it with tears, I just passed old Sirrius right by.

I'm waiting and ready for book 6 and after having seen the teaser, really ready for November and HP&TGoF, looks like it will be the visual feast!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Was I the only one whole felt that Sirrius' death was, eh? Now if it had been Hagrid, I would have wept so much and ruiined the book by flooding it with tears, I just passed old Sirrius right by. Snow
    Um, if you're asking me...yes. I was shattered by this if only for the fact that I always imagined the happy ending where Harry finally got to spend time with his godfather, one of the only people who actually knew his parents, and who loves Harry like a son and the possibility of that happy ending was just ripped away from me!

If you're talking about the actual death, it happened so quick that I almost skipped over it and didn't realize what happened until Harry did. But I think that was an effective way of doing it because it was so sudden.

Boo on killing off Sirius before Peter!
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Um, if you're asking me...yes. I was shattered by this if only for the fact that I always imagined the happy ending where Harry finally got to spend time with his godfather, one of the only people who actually knew his parents, and who loves Harry like a son and the possibility of that happy ending was just ripped away from me!

If you're talking about the actual death, it happened so quick that I almost skipped over it and didn't realize what happened until Harry did. But I think that was an effective way of doing it because it was so sudden.

Boo on killing off Sirius before Peter!
    I agree, it did happen quickly. But my reaction was, the House of Black was such a miserable place and the likelihood of Sirrius being able to go public (rather than back to Azkeban) might not make the summer months with Sirrus a real picnic. I also wonder at the protection angle of his being with the dread Dursleys.

I hope Peter really gets his just deserts and not from Lord V either.

I'm also curious how the Snape thing will resolve itself, if it ever will, but I guess I should save this for a Potter board!

Snow

I'll just have to wait until July to find out......

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001

• IZTUAZU!!!

Hey, he could come back like Gandalf in LOTR, he'll just be Sirius White.

Besides, I thought he just disappeared behind a curtain or something.

Great teaser trailer, by the way.
    Last edited by J.B.Opie; 05-18-2005 at 04:37 PM.
    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    SQUEE! I just watched the trailer, and OMG I'm too excited. Naturally, as a reader, I adore the books and will always find them superior to the movies, but I've enjoyed the movies all so much. Can't wait til November!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Re: Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire teaser trailer

New trailer is out.. AOL has it... so does someone else i think... Looks Verry Cool!!!

-goes back to watch it 499 more times..-

• Happy Memories

Why must you people tease me so? I can no longer access movie trailers from work! grrrr...

• Disney Memory Maker

This movie looks like it's going to be great. It is one of my 3 must-see movies at the end of the year (along with C. Little & Narnia). I only wish Richard Hariss could still play Dumbledore, but unfortunately, that is impossible.
    So far, my favorite book is #6 and my favorite movie is #2.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney