Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Kelsey Grammer joins Xmen3

I know I know I posted this in the X3 thread already but I figured it would generate more conversation and debate than it did, so I am giving the topic it's own thread because I am salavating over the amusing reactions before you all post them anyways.
    Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have enlisted "Frasier" himself Kelsey Grammer for "X3" reports Variety. Grammer is set to play Beast, the oversized blue-furred creature who has not yet appeared in an "X-Men" film.

The Matthew Vaughn-directed sequel is scheduled to bow Memorial Day weekend next year. Studio is also setting Vinnie Jones for the bad-guy role of Juggernaut ("Snatch," "Gone in 60 Seconds," "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"). Juggernaut, a 6-foot-10, 900-pound metal-clad battering ram, is the half-brother of Professor X and will anchor Magneto's villainous band.

Fox has begun negotiations with "Lost's" Maggie Grace to play the role of Kitty Pryde, a beauty who can walk through walls. Studio is also searching for an actor to play Angel, a handsome winged mutant who is ashamed of his feathery appendages.
    The man who feel off a stage just two weeks ago is to play the nimble Beast, that has a ting or irony to it.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries
    Well if I wasn't depressed enough already...
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. ”
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Circle of Ancients

^ Why is that depressing?

I can't think of anybody better to pay the psychiatist like Beast than the man who played a Psychiatrist for 15 years between 2 shows.

• e komo mai

Vinnie Jones? He's skinny! Juggernaut's not skinny...

Kelsey Grammar may be a good choice. I mean Beast is big and furry, but he's supposed to be very intelligent sounding...

However, Beast is buff too, Mr. Grammar isn't...

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Vinnie Jones?
    I can think of no man, more British, like Picard and more intense in his portrayl than Vinne Jones *does Vinne Jones impression*

• șoș Tom șoș

Exclamation Update

IGN Film Force sat down with Marvel CEO Avi Arid about X3, Beast and rumors
    President and CEO of Marvel Studios Avi Arad spoke about the casting of Kelsey Grammar as "Beast" in "X3" today with IGN Filmforce and he discusses a little bit about the character's design:

Question: So, I hear you've got some news...

Answer: I've got some news... Basically, it's casting news. Kitty Pryde is in this movie, but we didn't pick the actress yet, so that will be a couple of days. The same with Angel. You already know we're looking for Angel. After the weekend, I think Angel will be done. Juggernaut is Vince Jones, which, I think, there's some prior knowledge, but that's now done.

Question: Am I to assume this [Beast] is a voiceover role with a CG character, or is there talk of make-up?

Answer: No, there will be make-up and prostheses. It will be a combination of artforms to bring it to life, but a lot of it will maintain around his face - his eyes, his mouth, and so on. It will be very much like the kind of stuff we did with The Thing...

Question: As a character, the Beast underwent a redesign a few years back to look more like the Ron Perlman Beast character from the Beauty and the Beast TV show from the late 80's...

Answer: Right. What you'll see in the movie, it will be a combination of - we'll call it the "90's Beast" - more like, if you remember, from our animated show.

Question: The classic more canine look...

Answer: But even more important, it has the supreme intelligence look. You're going to get really close to his eyes, to his face, and so on. And obviously Kelsey has this delivery of a college professor. You expect his intelligence and warmth and calming ways, and as important with Beast is the way Beast reacts to adversity and violence, and so on. Knowing how powerful he is, he can almost be forgiving of it, and in some ways make fun of it in a gentle way without trying to hurt anybody.

For the full interview, which talks about a host of other titles click here

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Vinnie Jones? He's skinny! Juggernaut's not skinny...

Kelsey Grammar may be a good choice. I mean Beast is big and furry, but he's supposed to be very intelligent sounding...

However, Beast is buff too, Mr. Grammar isn't...

Well, Michael Keaton isn't exactly Fabio, but he pulled off the Bat with a little help from effects and costuming.

I think this is a rather interesting casting choice, more interesting than Jessica Alba as Sue Storm anyway. Feh!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Former Epcot CM

Vinnie Jones is NOT skinny!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

hey... didn't they happen to already show a "young girl" walk through walls in the first movie... why not see if she can do it.. or did she already become a huge star?

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    hey... didn't they happen to already show a "young girl" walk through walls in the first movie... why not see if she can do it.. or did she already become a huge star?
    No no its the opposite...they cast a nobody in that role and now that want a somebody so she stands out.

• Banned User

It could make sence thought.... xcast a nobody... make more money... cause the nobody might not want as much as a somebody.......

and then they could be credited with "discovering" this new somebody and already have her under contract for another movie....

if they have a somebody with a sequel they might not get as lucky of garenteeing their participation in the next movie...

• Puppy Cuddles

I really hate how they are recasting characters that they have already cast. Like the Kitty Pride thing mentioned above. They already cast her. She was seen. Now it's gotta be a somebody. We also already saw Dr. Hank McCoy on the news in the scene where Mystique got all flirty with Magneto's guard. It was not Kelsey Grammar. But they are recasting him. I mean, seriously, are we to assume that was some other guy who just happened to also be named Hank McCoy.

Also, has anyone heard any talk of Gambit? When Mystique is looking up mutants, one of the names on the screen is Remy LeBeau and it got my hopes up for a hot Cajun boy. God I wanna see him and Rogue fire it up. I'm really hoping for Harry COnick Jr. in the role, but that's just cuz he's so pretty.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Don't hate the game...

im sure graphics will help Kelsey where he's lacking in muscle. I think looks shouldnt be everything though. Kelsey Grammar is a good actor. In a movie based after a comic book, you need all the good acting you can get in order for it to appeal to many age groups. I think hes a good choice

• Banned User

Is Halle Barry returning as Storm? I had read/heard that she wasn't, now that she won an Oscar and is in such high demand, but it seems like the parade is gradually starting to pass her by, so I'm wondering if she's humbled enough to go back to slumming as Storm.

And I think Grammer is a great choice for Beast. He's a wonderful actor and personality and I'm sure that it will be a kick watching him play the role.

• șoș Tom șoș

It could make sence thought.... xcast a nobody... make more money... cause the nobody might not want as much as a somebody......
    Its a lovely sentiment but the young gal who played Kitty in the original obviously did not posess strong acting chops...
    We also already saw Dr. Hank McCoy on the news in the scene where Mystique got all flirty with Magneto's guard. It was not Kelsey Grammar. But they are recasting him. I mean, seriously, are we to assume that was some other guy who just happened to also be named Hank McCoy.
    The same goes with the young man who played Hank McCoy on a television screen that like 15% of the movie going geek/fanboy audience caught and appreciated...

So recasting with people that have box office appeal and acting chops makes sense. They must ensure a new crop of audience, provide insentive for returning audience and try to up the status of the film.
    Also, has anyone heard any talk of Gambit? When Mystique is looking up mutants, one of the names on the screen is Remy LeBeau and it got my hopes up for a hot Cajun boy. God I wanna see him and Rogue fire it up. I'm really hoping for Harry COnick Jr. in the role, but that's just cuz he's so pretty.
    Actually the actor who playes Wolverine's stunt double was dressed as Gambit in the bar scene but the scene where he meets Mystique was cut from the second film. Don't expect him to venture into this 3rd installment as for some inane reason the writer has paired Rogue and Bobby Drake together.
    [QUOT]Is Halle Barry returning as Storm? I had read/heard that she wasn't, now that she won an Oscar and is in such high demand, but it seems like the parade is gradually starting to pass her by, so I'm wondering if she's humbled enough to go back to slumming as Storm.
    [/QUOTE]
    The current screen writer is working on a very unique way of playing her up but her demads will probably not be taken as seriously on the heels of Catwoman.

Expect this third film to be an all out war with Sentinals making an appearance. Phoniex saga fans will see the Phoniex in some fashion but don't expect intersteller galatic war, selling a jaded audience on humans who have mutated is hard enough without adding aliens and galatic size destinies. Also events in this film will roll into the Wolverine spin off slated between 2007 and 2009.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast