Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: The Aztec Gold chest recently added....

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i don't trust wikipedia at all

and its not the black pearl becuase Jerry Bruckheimer woudlnt' allow the usage of the name or likeness

at least that's what Entertainment Weekly said...and i trust them WAY more than wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Jack_Sparrow

"According to the official Disney website and the game based on the film series, Jack Sparrow, the son of Captain Grant Sparrow, was born in Colonial India and was once employed by the East India Trading Company. He helmed the Wicked Wench, an EITC merchant vessel, performing odd jobs for Cutler Beckett. When Jack refused to transport slaves and instead freed them in Africa, Beckett sanctioned the torching (and sinking) of the Wicked Wench, and literally branded Jack Sparrow a pirate. Jack came to embrace his outlaw status, becoming a successful pirate with no desire to return to life under the command of others. Later, Jack petitioned Davy Jones to raise his ship from the ocean floor. He rechristened her the Black Pearl."

See, now that clears a bunch O' things up for me.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by SpeMarX View Post

"According to the official Disney website and the game based on the film series, Jack Sparrow, the son of Captain Grant Sparrow, was born in Colonial India and was ..[.etc.]
    Please use a Spoiler Alert next time. Even though some of us might have already know about this...there are a lot of people that didn't want to know.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AlohaStitch; 12-09-2006 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Comin' at ya!

"According to the official Disney website and the game based on the film series, Jack Sparrow, the son of Captain Grant Sparrow, was born in Colonial India and was once employed by the East India Trading Company. He helmed the Wicked Wench, an EITC merchant vessel, performing odd jobs for Cutler Beckett. When Jack refused to transport slaves and instead freed them in Africa, Beckett sanctioned the torching (and sinking) of the Wicked Wench, and literally branded Jack Sparrow a pirate. Jack came to embrace his outlaw status, becoming a successful pirate with no desire to return to life under the command of others. Later, Jack petitioned Davy Jones to raise his ship from the ocean floor. He rechristened her the Black Pearl."

Wow, I never knew that! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for sharing. I wish they had told us this in the movies. I gotta go to wikipedia and look up more on pirates to see what I've missed!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Please use a Spoiler Alert next time. Even though some of us might have already know about this...there are a lot of people that didn't want to know.

Thanks!
    I don't really get how that's a spoiler. I mean, I'm sure they won't reveal that anytime soon in the movies. Plus how's it a spoiler about Jack's past?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I don't really get how that's a spoiler. I mean, I'm sure they won't reveal that anytime soon in the movies. Plus how's it a spoiler about Jack's past?
    Answer:
    Spoiler
    It is a major plot twist in the upcoming film. A lot of people don't want to know ANYTHING about a movie until it comes out. It's just a common courtesy to do a spoiler wrap on anything that might shed light on something that might be a spoiler for someone else. A lot of people go out of their way to not read anything until a film comes out that's all. That's why I went so far as to put the plot twist thing in the spoiler brackets. IT's just something we do here and others do on other boards so as to not unintentionally ruin it for someone.

I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with that. I don't mean to jump to my own defense. but it is easy info to get and I'm pretty sure it will have almost nothing to do with any of the new films plot twists.

It does however relate in a very important way, to the Disneyland ride (Who hasn't asked the question "Why isn't the Wicked Wench in the movies"?). This is what this thread is for.

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with that. I don't mean to jump to my own defense. but it is easy info to get and I'm pretty sure it will have almost nothing to do with any of the new films plot twists.

It does however relate in a very important way, to the Disneyland ride (Who hasn't asked the question "Why isn't the Wicked Wench in the movies"?). This is what this thread is for.

I'm sorry you "don't get it," and I was trying to be nice and explaining that while it might be easy to get.. a lot of people go out of their way to avoid any and all info regarding upcoming films (besides just POTC 3)

As for "Who hasn't asked the question "Why" regarding the Wicked Wench...LOTS and LOTS of people. And already I know of one person who was pretty upset that he was (in his words) "suckered in by the title..didn't know it was going to be about spoilers" So, the title didn't give any indication. It said Aztec Gold Chest..not Wicked Wench, etc. Again, it's just a curtesy to the many people who really, truly, don't want to know. That way if people want to know they can, and if they don't ..then they can bypass.

A lot of people have accidently posted spoilers and went "opps, sorry" and nothing more was thought about it once it was brought to their attention. Was just hoping to help out a newbi.. that's all.
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

• Shredder

That just cleared ALOT up with me too... it's going to be interesting to see the black pearl raised again.... or is it???

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Can we please get back on the topic of the treasure chest that
    was placed in the attraction at DL.

And please place the suposed info about the Wicked Wench and
    especially about Jack's past in SPOILERS. Very rude to place this
    type of info under something that's not related to the subject and
    especially when it appears to give away important plot info that
    has not been revealed in Curse of the Black Pearl nor Dead Man's
    Chest.

Also, everyone who quoted the info about the Wicked Wench and
    Jack's past, please place that in SPOILERS also.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I'm sorry you "don't get it," and I was trying to be nice and explaining that while it might be easy to get.. a lot of people go out of their way to avoid any and all info regarding upcoming films (besides just POTC 3)

As for "Who hasn't asked the question "Why" regarding the Wicked Wench...LOTS and LOTS of people. And already I know of one person who was pretty upset that he was (in his words) "suckered in by the title..didn't know it was going to be about spoilers" So, the title didn't give any indication. It said Aztec Gold Chest..not Wicked Wench, etc. Again, it's just a curtesy to the many people who really, truly, don't want to know. That way if people want to know they can, and if they don't ..then they can bypass.

A lot of people have accidently posted spoilers and went "opps, sorry" and nothing more was thought about it once it was brought to their attention. Was just hoping to help out a newbi.. that's all.

In defense of the "newbie" nothing he posted had anything to do with the upcoming movie- it says "according to the Disney website and the video games (already out)"

Give him a break- it was NOT a spolier. It's history- on Wiki for goodness sake. (um, he is also not that new- been on the site since 1/2005)

I saw the chest and wondered if it was the "real thing"- turns out it is. Very cool.

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Can we please get back on the topic of the treasure chest that
    was placed in the attraction at DL.

And please place the suposed info about the Wicked Wench and
    especially about Jack's past in SPOILERS. Very rude to place this
    type of info under something that's not related to the subject and
    especially when it appears to give away important plot info that
    has not been revealed in Curse of the Black Pearl nor Dead Man's
    Chest.

Also, everyone who quoted the info about the Wicked Wench and
    Jack's past, please place that in SPOILERS also.
    I just don't get how it can be a spoiler when it's so blatently out there if anyone looks for it. Plus, its not a spoiler PERIOD. Its history on a character, it's like saying Will Turner and his dad had fried eggs the day before he went out to see (not true BTW...or is it?). I consider a spoiler something that will RUIN something for someone else, or reveal an ending. This doesn't ruin anything, if anything, it makes it more interesting to know that the you know what is the you know what.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    In defense of the "newbie" nothing he posted had anything to do with the upcoming movie- it says "according to the Disney website and the video games (already out)"

Give him a break- it was NOT a spolier. It's history- on Wiki for goodness sake. (um, he is also not that new- been on the site since 1/2005)

I saw the chest and wondered if it was the "real thing"- turns out it is. Very cool.

He was asked politely to place info not revealed in the 1st two movies in Spoilers. I didn't appreciate reading that info, regardless of source, because it's info that could very well be part of the unrevealed plot in P3.
    THAT is a SPOILER! And encouraging that not appreciated.

• Comin' at ya!

I just honestly can't think of any way this is a spoiler, it's just history. It's like saying it's a spoiler to talk about the fact pinnochio turns into a donkey

I don't mean to be rude, I just can't see it being a spoiler. I'm a big fan of putting spoilers for things that RUIN something, but this information, as i see it, in no way ruined anything. The thing is, it was NEVER going to be told about in the films, so did they just never want to know period? I mean, if their mad because it spoiled them, but they were never going to hear it anyways, whats the point?

• It's all nonsense

Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!!

Oh sorry...
    Spoiler
    Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!!

Seriously people...everything will be okay.

• Comin' at ya!

ok THAT was a spoiler, I'm so glad I had already seen that movie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast