• șoș Tom șoș

WB Fall Lineup (with photos)

Here is the WB's outlook for next fall:
    The Fall Season presentations for all the television networks new shows take place this week with the first announced today. With the help of The Futon Critic, here's a full breakdown of which concepts have made the final list over on The WB.

Last season saw the network come under fire for some questionable decisions including the cancellation of "Angel" and a very small slate of new and rather 'sudsy' shows designed to appeal to a more family and feminine demographic instead of pursuing some higher profile series that attempted to resurrect the "Lost in Space" and "Dark Shadows" franchises.

The move backfired, resulting in almost all the new shows being cancelled quickly and even the acclaimed "Jack & Bobby" stinking badly in the ratings. Yet not all was bad, whilst some established franchise shows like "Smallville" floundered against stiff competition, others such as "One Tree Hill", "Gilmore Girls" and "7th Heaven" continue to shine for the network.

This year the network is going bolder with several new and more higher profile shows including some embracing of procedural drama, supernatural horror and soaps exploring some bolder territory than the network is used to. A lot of existing shows are also being moved around to help bolster these new launches, along with a lot planned for mid-season.

Not making it however are the likes of "Commando Nanny", "Grounded for Life", "Jack & Bobby", "Steve Harvey's Big Time" and "Summerland". Here's the skinny on the replacements:

NEW FALL SHOWS

JUST LEGAL

Jerry Bruckheimer brings this fast-paced procedural drama with humor to the WB. David "Skip" Ross, 19, a brilliant legal prodigy, dreams of becoming a great trial lawyer. When he can't land a job at a prestigious L.A. firm because he's too young, Skip ends up working for Grant Cooper. Once a great lawyer, now burnt-out by the realities of life, Cooper is barely scraping by in his beachfront law office. Together, Skip and Cooper become defenders of the accused and crusaders for the unjustly wronged. Their cases vary from stories ripped from today's headlines to clever mysteries with procedural twists. Skip's middle-class parents, Deborah and Lenny Ross, and his under-achieving younger brother Tom, are all extremely proud of Skip's accomplishments, but are also concerned for his well-being, especially when his first case involves proving the innocence of a young woman named Paradise who has been falsely accused of a gang-related murder. Always the underdogs, forced to do the gritty work of finding clues and tracking down witnesses in the beautiful, but often dangerous world of Southern California, Cooper teaches Skip to be a lawyer and a man, while Skip renews Cooper's faith in the law and himself. Jay Baruchel, Don Johnson, Veanne Cox, Raphael Sbarge and Peyton List star.

SUPERNATURAL

Sam Winchester has done his best to escape his family's eerie history, but, along with his older brother Dean, Sam is bound by tragedy and blood to a dangerous, other-worldly mission. Criss-crossing the mysterious back roads of the country in their `67 Chevy Impala, the Winchester brothers search for their missing father - and hunt down every evil supernatural force they encounter along the way. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles star, McG and David Nutter produce.

RELATED

The four Sorelli sisters are a bundle of contradictions. These quirky young women are best friends one minute and bitter enemies the next. They confide in one another, yet manage to keep a lot of secrets. They worry about each other, give advice and push each other's buttons. First-born sister Ann is a 33-year-old legal aid lawyer and the nurturing mother hen of the group. Ann works out of a run-down office, helping people who have no voice, while her closest sibling, Ginnie also an attorney, spends her days in a high-powered law firm working for huge corporations. While Ann worries about her long-time relationship with chef and restaurant-owner Danny, Ginnie is trying to figure out how to tell her husband Bob, her bosses and her family that she is pregnant. Next in line is 23-year-old Marjee, a special events coordinator who stresses out over her demanding celebrity clients while secretly yearning for respect and approval from her older sisters. The youngest sister, Rose, is a 19-year-old college student who just switched her major from pre-med to experimental theater and is afraid to deliver this news to her over-achieving family. From producers Mimi Leder ("ER", "Deep Impact", "The Peacemaker"), Marta Kauffman ("Friends") and Liz Tuccillo ("Sex and the City"). Jennifer Esposito, Jon Hamm, Callum Blue, Lizzy Caplan and Laura Breckenridge star.

TWINS

"Will & Grace" producers David Kohan and Max Mutchnick take on contemporary relationships in this comedy about twin sisters. Mitchee has the intelligence and the determination of a successful businesswoman. Her twin sister Farrah is a stunningly perfect lingerie model. Mitchee and Farrah are about to inherit their parents' undergarment business, which gained world-renown for form-fitting inventions that make every woman look and feel like a goddess. These anything-but-identical twins are true reflections of their parents. Mitchee takes after their father, Alan, a brilliant designer who built the company up from nothing, while Farrah is the image of their mother, Lee, a beautiful former lingerie model who is not a deep thinker. There are loyal staff members, especially the flamboyant Neil and hot new marketing exec, Jordan, but with Mitchee and Farrah in charge, this business - and this family - are going to need a lot of, um, support. Sara Gilbert, Molly Stanton, Melanie Griffith, Mark Linn-Baker, Chris Fitzgerald and Steve Braun star.

MIDSEASON SERIES

PEPPER DENNIS

Pepper Dennis is a beautiful and ambitious reporter with her sights set on anchoring Chicago's top-rated evening news broadcast. Pepper's career is her top priority, but she does have close friends, especially the station's makeup artist Kimmy and cameraman Chick, who has a secret crush on Pepper. Complicating Pepper's daily life is the fact that her spoiled, needy and recently separated sister Kathy has moved in with her. Worst of all, the hot guy Pepper woke up with this morning, Charlie Bishop, just showed up in the newsroom, grabbed her dream job and is now practically her boss. She's trying to despise him, but Charlie is smart, handsome, funny, available and interested. Office romances can be so complicated. Rebecca Romijn, Rider Strong, Lindsay Price, Brooke Burns and Josh Hopkins star.

THE BEDFORD DIARIES
    From the creators of HBO's "Oz" and "Homicide: Life on the Street") comes a drama exploring contemporary New York City-based college life through the unique prism of a provocative Human Behavior and Sexuality class. Controversial and charismatic Professor Macklin will challenge and inspire the show's youthful ensemble of students as they explore their identities, relationships and sexuality in the most exciting city in the world. Among the students is the smart and attractive Sarah. Sarah has everything going for her until her brother Owen walks into class. It's one thing to share in class, but Sarah hadn't planned on discussing her sexuality in front of a sibling. Owen's new class partner is Natalie, "The Jumper". Two years ago, Natalie had a change of heart mid-dive off the roof of the Student Union. Now physically recovered, she has to face the gossip mill and her ex, Richard. The quintessential Park Avenue bad boy up until the moment his girlfriend jumped, Richard is now a semi-changed man - sober, attending class and editor-in-chief of The Bedford Bugle. In stark contrast is the working-class Lee, who has a noble heart, an artistic soul, a serious girlfriend and a fascination with Zoe. Zoe talks a fast, flirty and kinky game, but despite her brash veneer, she's still a virgin. Matthew Modine, Tiffany Dupont, Penn Badgely, Corri English, Milo Ventimiglia, Ernest Waddell and Victoria Cartagena star.

MISCONCEPTIONS
    Amanda Watson was more than a little shocked to find out that all her teenage daughter Hopper wanted for her birthday was to meet her biological father. After all, Hopper has always heard that her dad is well-bred, handsome, athletic, well-educated and a successful doctor. The only problem is Amanda never actually met him, she only knows him from the profile she was given at the Ivy League sperm bank. After discussing the situation with Horace, her best friend and co-worker at an art museum in Chicago, Amanda decides it's time to track down the father of her child and is mortified to discover that her supposedly ideal donor was not the Olympic medalist, Yale-educated surgeon that she has imagined all these years. Meet Eddie Caprio, a man who needed a little cash after junior college and lied about his identity. Eddie has a certain undeniable charm, yet he's too scattered and immature for Amanda's taste. He can't hold a job, he prefers beer to fine wine, and his idea of dressing up is wearing a clean baseball cap. In Amanda's eyes, Eddie is barely capable of taking care of himself, let alone Hopper. However, when Eddie tracks her down, Hopper falls head-over-heels for her fun-loving dad, and Amanda is forced to allow him to be part of their lives. Could Eddie's appeal be getting through to Amanda, too? Apparently, they're going to have plenty of time to find out. Jane Leeves, Taylor Momsen, French Stewart and Adam Rothenberg star.

MODERN MEN

Jerry Bruckheimer's first television comedic foray. Three childhood friends are at different stages in their lives when it comes to women. Doug can't move on from his ex-wife, Kyle is a womanizing bachelor, and Tim's relationships keep falling apart due to...well, he doesn't actually know. Tim's sister Tina, a confident young law student, tries to make him understand that today's career-minded, self-sufficient women don't need a man for support, they're looking for a deeper and more meaningful connection. Though their situations are different, each of these guys has come to the same realization -- it takes a lot more than they expected to keep a woman happy and satisfied. After getting no help from Tim's dad Tug, who's stuck in the Stone Age when it comes to the opposite sex, Tim, Kyle and Doug are just desperate enough to seek the help of Dr. Stangl, a renowned life coach. Now the question is whether these guys are capable of taking Dr. Stangl's advice and applying it to their every day situations. Josh Braaten, Max Greenfield, Eric Lively, Marla Sokoloff, George Wendt and Wendie Malick star.

The nightly schedule for the network will be as follows:

SUNDAY
    5-6PM: Easy View presentation of "What I Like About You"
    6-7PM: Easy View presentation of "One Tree Hill"
    7-8PM: "Reba" (encore presentation)
    8-9PM: "Charmed"
    9-10PM: "Blue Collar TV"

MONDAY
    8-9PM: "7th Heaven"
    9-10PM: "Just Legal"

TUESDAY
    8-9PM: "Gilmore Girls"
    9-10PM: "Supernatural"

WEDNESDAY
    8-9PM: "One Tree Hill"
    9-10PM: "Related"

THURSDAY
    8-9PM: "Smallville"
    9-10PM: "Everwood"

FRIDAY
    8-8:30PM: "What I Like About You"
    8:30-9PM: "Twins"
    9-9:30PM: "Reba"
    9:30-10PM: "Living With Fran".

• I am a Pluto lover

They are spreading my shows apart way to much....

But I am happy they are coming back. Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and Everwood are great. And the Friday line up is cool too, I love Reba!

Thanks Ah Schucks!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• is satisfactual.

Thank (hypothetically) God. They're keeping the Gilmore Girls. I really hope that show stays on the air until Rory can force her own grandchildren into Yale. Or worse, until Mrs. Kim cracks a smile, or goes binging at McDonald's spilling ketchup all over herself.

I see the boy who plays Dean got a new show. Perhaps he's on his way to become for the WB what Whoopi is to Disney. Good for him.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    Thank (hypothetically) God. They're keeping the Gilmore Girls. I really hope that show stays on the air until Rory can force her own grandchildren into Yale. Or worse, until Mrs. Kim cracks a smile, or goes binging at McDonald's spilling ketchup all over herself.

I see the boy who plays Dean got a new show. Perhaps he's on his way to become for the WB what Whoopi is to Disney. Good for him.
    Awwww man the WB recycles actors like I recycle water bottles (hint thats a damn lot) you can't imagine how many shows they are producing for other networks that involved recent actors in new roles

• I am a Pluto lover

I think they are making Rory too wishy washy with Logan though. She has always been strong in her decisions. I cant wait until they show what Emily is going to do now the she knows how Logans family treated Rory. And do you think Loralie meant it when she proposed to Luke?

Im so additicted to this dang show.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Circle of Ancients

I have to admit that Mrs. Kim was AWESOME in the season finale' though!!! Yes, I'm a straight male who watches, and LOVES Gilmore Girls.

• is satisfactual.

There seems to be a consensus. On top of Shag, Macs and Sephora, MiceChat users love the Gilmore Girls. Hmm.

And about Lorelai and Luke... Well, they're Ross and Rachel. Whatever happens, they'll end up together in the show's finale. Which, hopefully, won't be soon.

• Minion

But everyone here in MiceChat still rocks.

There seems to be a consensus. On top of Shag, Macs and Sephora, MiceChat users love the Gilmore Girls. Hmm.

And about Lorelai and Luke... Well, they're Ross and Rachel. Whatever happens, they'll end up together in the show's finale. Which, hopefully, won't be soon.
    hmm, not exactly...macs are okay, i've never stepped foot into a Sephora store, and I truly dislike the Gilmore Girls. and the WB...

• is satisfactual.

Is it the excessive talking?

You'll love this, though. It's a MadTV spoof called "Gabmore Girls". Classic, haha.
    www.gilmoregirls.org/multi/gabmore.wmv

I'm allowed to post this, though, right? I mean it's taken from network TV...

• Minion

Is it the excessive talking?

You'll love this, though. It's a MadTV spoof called "Gabmore Girls". Classic, haha.
    www.gilmoregirls.org/multi/gabmore.wmv
    It's the mother, in one of the two episodes i've watched she wondered why her daughter wasn't "sulking around" over a breakup. While the daughter told her she had better things to do than mope around over a boy. The mother is not "cool" or "fun",IMO the daughter is more interesting than her mom. That skit was hilarious though!

• is satisfactual.

Right, when Lorelai insisted she'd mourn the loss by eating ice cream in bed for a day or so. Well, wasn't she right in the end, though? I recall Rory being in denial about her feelings, which is what Lorelai found disturbing, but eventually Rory did get a little depressed (things always take longer on that show, probably because all the characters need to get their weekly rant over with first, haha). But I don't know if she's supposed to be "cool" or "fun". She's just... Very much herself.

By the way, does anyone else think Luke is the only right person for Lorelai because he's the only one who can keep up with her neurotic, Seinfeldian rants and actually join in? He's perfect, haha.

• Circle of Ancients

Well, besides me ... yes, Luke is perfect for Lorelai ...