Question Info needed on the upcoming Fairies movie

I'm looking for accurate information on the upcoming movie version of "Fairies" based on the origins of Tinkerbell (based upon the book). I work part time at the Disney Store as well as manage a movie theatre, and information passed on to the Disney Store is that a Fairies movie will open next spring 2007 (after the release of the Special Edition Peter Pan DVD), but my movie theatre hasn't gotten any information on the movie. Is this movie actually coming to theatres, or going to DVD format? Thanks for your information!!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• Minion

Re: Info needed on the upcoming Fairies movie

Reportedly (today's LATimes), the TinkerBell feature has been delayed by a year or so - - sent back to the storyboards for a thorough retooling. Thank goodness, this should be the fate of all the DisneyToon low-budget sequels. TinkerBell is too valuable an icon... She deserves proper treatment. It truly looked awful from the video previews.

Thanks go out from Neverland to Disney's new creative management for their sensible action!

Thanks for the news, Merlinjones!! I'll pass the "movie delayed" info on to my Disney Store guests who continue to ask about the movie.

I was just on wikipedia looking for info on Rapunzel. It gave the entire list of Disney animated features from Snow White to Meet the Robinsons, as well as listing American Dog, Rapunzel, and The Frog Princess. No mention of Fairies, so I should have gotten a clue from that!

Again, thank you, and keep me posted on updates.

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

At the Jim Hill site, he had a story about the Disney Fairy on 12-18.
    Talked about the merchandise, books, delay of the initial movie,
    and reason behind the delay.

• Up is Down

its a straight to dvd release also....
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Mouse Lounge Podcast Host

...which in part explains why it wasn't on the list of films slated for release by Walt Disney Feature Animation. Also, American Dog has been scuttled as Feature Animation resets to 2D (traditional) animation.

• Minion

>>I was just on wikipedia looking for info on Rapunzel. It gave the entire list of Disney animated features from Snow White to Meet the Robinsons, as well as listing American Dog, Rapunzel, and The Frog Princess. No mention of Fairies, so I should have gotten a clue from that!<<

Unlike the list of titles you mention, the cheesy sequels and remakes and spin-offs that are released direct-to-video (like Cinderella II - - and are sometimes released to theatres, like The Tigger Movie or Return to Neverland) are NOT made by Walt Disney Feature Animation and do not "count" on lists of the "official canon". These shows are made by what is now called DisneyToon Studios, a separate fiefdom run by Sharon Morrill, formerly part of Walt Disney Television Animation.

DisneyToon are responsible for these product-oriented "franchise extension" DVD features, which are animated overseas. DisneyToon reports to Walt Disney Feature Animation, so they now must listen to what John Lasseter decides creatively.