February 11 - April 29, 2007
Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination
is the first exhibit of its kind that combines costumes and props from all six Star Wars films with real-world technologies, video interviews with filmmakers, scientists and engineers, and two large Engineering Design Labs, where visitors can build and test speeders and robots. Visitors will explore prototypes, learn about the engineers and designers who are creating new technologies, and discover intriguing similarities between how scientists and filmmakers think.
For more information about Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination, visit the exhibit website.
Experience a full-size cockpit replica of Episode IV's Millennium Falcon! Visitors watch a 4.5 minute long multimedia presentation featuring imagery from the Hubble space telescope that explores what we know about our own galaxy in a breathtaking journey to the edge of the Universe.
Millennium Falcon tickets are $2 per person.
Tips for a great visit:
Things You Should Know Before Your Visit
- Come see Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination during non-peak times.
The California Science Center wants all of our guests to have the best possible experience. Consider visiting us during non-peak times. Non-holiday weekday afternoons (after 1:30 pm) are the least crowded days at the California Science Center.
- Plan at least four hours to visit the California Science Center and Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination.
Most visitors take about an hour to go through the exhibit. Be sure to explore the Science Center's permanent, interactive galleries to complete your experience!
Star Wars Science Over Nights
- Photography, sketching, and strollers are permitted inside the exhibit.
- Masks may not be worn inside the exhibit.
- Food, drink, or disruptive behavior are not allowed inside the exhibit.
- Star Wars Airchair Ride requirements: Guests must be at least 5 years old and at least 42 inches tall to ride. No open-toed shoes or sandals are permitted.
- Remember to wear close-toed shoes (no sandals) to ride the Hovercraft and other Science Center attractions including the High-Wire Bike and Climbing Wall
Bring your toothbrush and sleeping bag for an unforgettable slumber party at the California Science Center! Click here to learn more.
©2006 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved. Used Under Authorization. This exhibit's material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0307875.
Special Admission Information:
We anticipate VERY strong demand for the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit.
IMAX ticket purchasers and California Science Center Members receive priority admission to the exhibit. All others will be admitted on a first come, first served basis, subject to the exhibit's attendance capacity - admission cannot be guaranteed. There is no separate admission charge to enter theexhibit.
Purchase a Science Center Membership Or IMAX Theater ticket to the 9.30a.m, 10.30a.m., 11.30a.m., 12.30pm., 1.30p.m. or 2.30p.m. shows to be guaranteed admission. IMAX ticket purchasers will be admitted to theexhibit following their IMAX screening. Purchase your IMAX ticket online orfor information about becoming a California Science Center Member click here.