Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

TinkerBell feels INADEQUATE???

Brittany Murphy on her role as TinkerBell in the dreck-to-video travesty:

>>As for Tinker Bell? "It definitely shows her life with Peter and the Lost Boys, but it shows Tink with her girlfriends and also feeling inadequate about being a tinker fairy," Murphy said. "Pots and pans, kettles; that's what a tinker was when J.M. Barrie wrote the original. It meant something different in that world than it does in today's world, and she feels very insecure about that. And the film explores that, which is sort of fantastic."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=39372

How out-of-character can they be? Tink is a spritely, temperamental narcissist incapable of feeling inadequate!

It's like "depressed/self-aware " Goofy! DisneyToon is destroying the icons one at a time.

• official corn dog taster

Re: TinkerBell feels INADEQUATE???

how low can disney go??? whats next? mickey and minnie dealing with marital issues??

i cannot speal
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

Once again: If people stop buying this , er crap, Disney will stop making them.

• official corn dog taster

i wont, i promise that
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• Huh?

Face it. Tink has not been in character for over 50 years. Once she got less sexy and less of a b**** upon the premiere of Disneyland on TV, she lost all character and has yet to actually regain it. TV killed her character.
    -Tim

• Directly directed

Who picked Brittnay Murphy to be tinkerbell????

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    how low can disney go??? whats next? mickey and minnie dealing with marital issues??
    Shhh Mickey and Minnie aren't married!!! Actually, they're dealing with Mickey's performance anxiety... all those late nights on the Rivers of America give him a "headache", and poor Minnie has turned to Vicodin to ease those lonely nights...

Total fun for the whole family.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Brittany Murphy on her role as TinkerBell in the dreck-to-video travesty:

>>As for Tinker Bell? "It definitely shows her life with Peter and the Lost Boys, but it shows Tink with her girlfriends and also feeling inadequate about being a tinker fairy," Murphy said. "Pots and pans, kettles; that's what a tinker was when J.M. Barrie wrote the original. It meant something different in that world than it does in today's world, and she feels very insecure about that. And the film explores that, which is sort of fantastic."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=39372

How out-of-character can they be? Tink is a spritely, temperamental narcissist incapable of feeling inadequate!

It's like "depressed/self-aware " Goofy! DisneyToon is destroying the icons one at a time.
    Couldn't agree with you more. This 'being' that they have Tinker Bell as is MOST UNLIKE how her character IS in Peter Pan.

And really - why would anyone want to explore the 'depths and emotions' of an animated character!? It's perposterous! It's a cartoon character for cryin out loud. I mean, I love Tink - she's awesome, but do we need to get into the 'psycho-analysis' of her as a fairy amongst fairies? COME ON NOW.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    And really - why would anyone want to explore the 'depths and emotions' of an animated character!? It's perposterous!
    Huh? Every Disney animated hero/heroine has certain depths and emotions, that's what makes them interesting. Part of your world, anyone?

I think it's silly to explore "feelings" in Tinkerbell that are completely out of character though. If, specifically, Tinkerbell were to sing "part of your world" while staring at Wendy, it'd just be like... WTF?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I think it's silly to explore "feelings" in Tinkerbell that are completely out of character though. If, specifically, Tinkerbell were to sing "part of your world" while staring at Wendy, it'd just be like... WTF?
    your point was basically my point - I worded it incorrectly - my bad.

But yeah - digging into a characters emotions that are not 'correct' for the character that we know and how we know that character to be. Again, you are right - the 'inadequate feelings' are OUT of character for Tinker Bell.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Just wait, she will later be voiced by Ellen Degeneres as a "confused" "conflicted" fairie spending lots of time bonding with Tigerlily.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    Just wait, she will later be voiced by Ellen Degeneres as a "confused" "conflicted" fairie spending lots of time bonding with Tigerlily.
    Isn't Peter Pan the one with gender confusion?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Who picked Brittnay Murphy to be tinkerbell????
    My thoughts exactly. I stick with my first thoughts about this project. "If it's not broke, don't fix it!"
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

It was, according to inside sources, originally a traditionally animated affair with a variety of branching plot developments the user could choose from via DVD menus. Then someone decided it should just be a regular CG flick. And likely got a bonus. Huzzah.

• Minion

>>Face it. Tink has not been in character for over 50 years. Once she got less sexy and less of a b**** upon the premiere of Disneyland on TV, she lost all character and has yet to actually regain it. TV killed her character.<<

Tink's character never changed. She was shown as a hostess and compliant to Walt's wishes on the television show, no more no less. Nothing she did ever contradicted her actual personality and characterization (even selling Peanut Butter) until now.

Also - she has indeed consistently been in-character for 50 years, as Peter Pan has been reissued to new generations across that entire time. Every viewer in each of those generations has grown up with the same saucy TinkerBell. TV and theme parks never changed that.

Only the shortsighted executives of today would dare to risk changing such a valuable icon - - making her talk - - making her contemporary - - will already diminish her appeal and ability to appeal to each individual's personal sense of her voice - - but to make her speak and emote out-of-character is even twice as foolish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast