Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

2007 Southern Californian Discount Offer - The 2fer is coming back

Disneyland.com has been updated, and the One Day, One Park Ticket remains at $63 ($53 for kids 3 thru 9), and the One Day ParkHopper is still $83 ($73 for kids 3 thru 9). Also, no change in the price of AP's, all other tickets went up as mentioned earlier.

Southern California (and Baja California, Mexico) residents have a choice of two ticket offers, the 2fer, or otherwise known as "Pay for Disneyland, and get ANOTHER day at DCA for FREE!", that ticket is $63 ($53 for kids 3 thru 9), and a 2 day ParkHopper for the price of a One Day Parkhopper ($83/$73). Since the 2 day ParkHopper is available, Disney will strictly enforce the 2fer rule of going to the parks on two SEPERATE days, if you try to visit the second park on the same day, they will send you to the ticket booths to upgrade to the 2 day ParkHopper for $20 more.

Here is the official wording

2fer Ticket

The 2fer ticket is the best way to experience The Year of a Million Dreams! With the 2fer ticket, you can enjoy Disneyland® Park on one day and Disney's California Adventure® Park on another day FREE!

Valid January 3, 2007 thru April 26, 2007.

• Admission valid for one day at Disneyland® Park and another day at Disney's California Adventure® Park.

• Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999.

• Proof of residency required.

• Tickets expire 30 days from first visit. First visit must occur between January 3, 2007 and April 26, 2007. Unused portions expire 5/26/07. Each use constitutes one full day of use.

• Limit 8 tickets (Ages 10+ & Ages 3-9) per order per day. Household can only order once per day and twice per rolling 7 days.

• Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.

• Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.

• Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

And the special 2day ParkHopper

Southern California 2-Day Park Hopper® Ticket

Double your magic! Southern California residents can purchase a 2-Day Park Hopper® ticket for the same price as the 1-Day Park Hopper® ticket. Enjoy both parks on 2 days for one great price!

Valid January 3, 2007 thru April 26, 2007.

• Admission valid for both Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks over 2 days, including visits to both Theme Parks on the same day.

• Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999.

• Proof of residency required.

• Tickets expire 30 days from first visit. First visit must occur between January 3, 2007 and April 26, 2007. Unused portions expire 5/26/07. Each use constitutes one full day of use.

• Limit 8 tickets (Ages 10+ & Ages 3-9) per order per day. Household can only order once per day and twice per rolling 7 days.

• Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.

• Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.

• Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 01-03-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Updating the information
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: 2007 Southern Californian Discount Offer - The 2fer is coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Starting Wednesday, January 3rd, folks who can prove they live in the Southern California or Baja California, Mexico will have the opportunity to purchase and use the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" tickets. The price is expected to cost around $65 (maybe $66), the new One-Day, One Park ticket price, which also goes up January 3rd.

The Gift Cards have been printed and sent out to the VONS supermarkets and for use in the Disney Stores. (And is how I confirmed the info).

The second day of use will once again be a maximum of 30 days after the first day of use, or April 26th, whichever comes first.
    So the tickets are going to go up to $65 or $66? That is absolutely ludicrous! I remember when it was only $8 to get in.

Before I got an AP, I used to go to the parks during the 2fers which were offered more frequently several years ago. Now it is looking more and more that an AP is a more logical solution to an ever increasing cost of getting in.

• Earth Intruder

^^ Just a warning to people, DO NOT GO TO DCA ON THE LAST DAY THAT THIS OFFER EXPIRES. DCA is beyond horrible (crowdwise) on only one day of the year, and that's the one.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

This will work well since Im planning on taking my kids in Jan and they dont have APs yet. That way we can go to both parks (not the same day, but still)
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    ^^ Just a warning to people, DO NOT GO TO DCA ON THE LAST DAY THAT THIS OFFER EXPIRES. DCA is beyond horrible (crowdwise) on only one day of the year, and that's the one.
    They've fairly much eliminated the big-crowd day, since the tickets expire on April 26th, or 30 days. (Whichever comes first.)

The first year they did the 2fer, they didn't have the '30 day' rule. Only normal operating day that DCA hit capacity (I was there!).
    -Monorail Man

Wow! The single day single park ticket is going up to 66 that is crazy. I think now that I have my first AP I will continue to purchase APs in the future. It is so much fun not having to wait in line to purchase a ticket and being able to flash my AP at the main entrance gate and seeing my picture.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

Oh no! The price is going up again?! I like the 2fer thing. But.. i think it's time to finally invest on the coveted annual pass..

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I hate to even suggest this - since Disneyland has been such a big part of my life in so many ways. But I have to wonder...if the one-day ticket were the only alternative...with all the crowds, taking forever to do anything, the hassles of visiting the park today...the lack of any kind of Tomorrowland...other places still needing so much attention...

I seriously question whether it would be worth $66.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Before my AP, i always got the 2fer's. Very cool!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Watching the Rose Bowl Pre-parade coverage on KTLA, Channel 5 in Los Angeles, and they already have run the "Rockin' Both Parks" Disneyland Commercial, which features the "2fer" offer that begins January 3rd.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I just edited the original post to reflect the fact Disney decided to leave the One Day Price at $63, and that they are also offering a 2 Day ParkHopper for the price of one day to Southern California residents.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Just a warning to people, DO NOT GO TO DCA ON THE LAST DAY THAT THIS OFFER EXPIRES. DCA is beyond horrible (crowdwise) on only one day of the year, and that's the one.
    In 2006, the last Saturday and Sunday of the 2fer offer was crazy at the parks (late April), as many folks (especially those who used the first day during the Easter Breaks) tried to use the DCA portion before it expired. Disney actually worked the entrance lines offering folks the chance to go to Disneyland instead of DCA, or return at a later date. Even with the offers, DCA did reach capacity both days.

So note the ONE big change to the 2007 offer, the tickets do NOT hard expire on April 26th, the second day needs to be used with 30 days of the first use no matter what (the second day expires May 26th), so it looks like they learned from last April, where they had the very large crowds on the last weekend. This change should prevent the mad rush at the end.

Yes, it's known locally as "2Fer Madness." And with good reason. Absolutely DO NOT go on the offer expiration day, you won't believe the amount of people there...rivals 4th of July... We (naive AP owners that we are...) happened to go there on last-day (think Logan's Run here...) during the last 2Fer promotion...we could not figure out why there were so many people there until we hooked up with a friend of ours who clued us in. Never again. Thanks, I'm circling 5/26 and writing 2Fer Madness! on my calendar...

NRBF

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NapaRoseBarfly View Post
    Yes, it's known locally as "2Fer Madness." And with good reason. Absolutely DO NOT go on the offer expiration day, you won't believe the amount of people there...rivals 4th of July... We (naive AP owners that we are...) happened to go there on last-day (think Logan's Run here...) during the last 2Fer promotion...we could not figure out why there were so many people there until we hooked up with a friend of ours who clued us in. Never again. Thanks, I'm circling 5/26 and writing 2Fer Madness! on my calendar...

NRBF
    Won't happen, they ELIMINATED the HARD use by date, which caused all the folks who bought a ticket in Early April to use it on the last day (shorter than the normal 30 day time period), the change in the 2007 rules has EVERY ticket getting up to 30 days to use the second day, this won't cause a large group to show up on the last day, they let it be spread out over a few weeks, to PREVENT the Last weekend Madness!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast