• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney Plans to Introduce a Sleek Makeover of Disney.com Site -New York Times, 1/1/07

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/01/te...69c&ei=5087%0A

When the Walt Disney Company’s chief executive, Robet A. Iger, takes the stage at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Jan. 8, he is expected to introduce the new Disney.com Web site that has taken more than a year to redesign.

For years Disney’s Web sites, which include the popular ESPN.com, ABC.com and Disney.com, have been among the Internet’s most visited. In November, the company overall ranked No. 9 among sites visited at home and work, according to Nielsen Netratings, which tracks online traffic.

But critics of the Disney.com, the homepage for a lot of the company’s online offerings, say it looks amateurish and is hard to navigate. Disney recently showed off the revamped Web site at a company meeting at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Disney Plans to Introduce a Sleek Makeover of Disney.com Site -New York Times, 1/

Lets hope they...

- drop the stupid go.com portal fiasco already. That failed over 10 years ago!
    - drop music on by default just for opening a page that loops endlessly!

Re: Disney Plans to Introduce a Sleek Makeover of Disney.com Site -New York Times, 1/

It's about time.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I heard it will incorporate the all new Flash 3 technology.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Thanks goodness. That old site has to go.

• rockin butter sponge!

I do hope they can get a handle on the auto-play music. Its very difficult to be discreet about going to any Disney site when my Nieces are in the room.

•   
    • Minion

All I can say is, "About fricken time!"

They spent how much for Infoseek? Meanwhile, Newscorp buys MySpace... NBC connects with MSN for a very sleek and savy site... Disney clogs along...

Now don't get my wrong here... Disney.com has it's moments... But the shape of ABCNews.com is an abomination in news websites... And now that you have PIXAR and Steve Jobs around, Disney needs to be on the cutting edge of not just CGAnimation, but cyberspace as well.

"Amaturish?" Indeed!
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I'll be at the Consumer Electronics Show next week and I'm planning to talk with some of the people with the Walt Disney Internet Group (they're exhibiting). Also, I'll be down front when Bob Iger gives his keynote on the 8th. Hopefully that will include a sneak preview of the site.

Watch for my "Dispatches from CES" starting this weekend.

• Banned User

When will it be up and running? Hopefully ASAP!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I suspect it will be launched some time next week to coincide with CES.

• Banned User

i wonder will it come out on Tuesday after the unveil on Monday...

and while they are at it... fix the WDW ap site... DL's is easier to get into for goodness sakes...