• For You!

Disney Movie Rewards - Not Fair?

Okay, over the last month or so, we bought POTC 2. For Christmas, my boys got Fox and the Hound 2 and Air Buddies. My mom also bought POTC 2 for herself.

I thought, great, I have a whole bunch of movie codes to enter now! But, the site would only let me enter the Fox and the Hound 2 and 1 POTC dvd. After that I got this message

Thank you, but you have already redeemed the maximum number of points for this item

I can almost understand the duplicate of POTC - but air buddies is a completely different movie.

I sent an e-mail to them, but haven't heard anything yet.

Do you think this is fair? I think you should be able to enter any codes for every movie you buy.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Everyone neat and pretty?

Re: Disney Movie Rewards - Not Fair?

I had a similar problems with this site. I joined the site and entered the Little Mermaid code and it seemed to take. A few days later I went back to add the code for Cars and discovered that the Little Mermaid points were no where to be seem. I tried to reenter the code and got a message stating that the code had already been used.
    I sent a message to them through the Contact Us link on the site. I was promised a follow up within a few days. Nothing ever came to my email address or was noted on the site. Last week when entering the code for POTC II, I noticed that the Little Mermaid points where there!
    Also they seem to have a rule that you can only add one code for every eligible movie. So if you have more than one copy, gifts for the little ones, your screwed!
    I can understand a cap on redemption points but they should allow at least 2 codes for each title! At the current rate I'll never have enough points to be able to redeem them for anything.
    And before I step down off of my soapbox, who are the people that are winning stuff in the daily instant winner game that promises 600 winners a day?
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

• Swice

My wife tried it over the holidays and decided it's just too much trouble and not worth it.

•   
    • Minion

I saw it as a clever and yet completely worthless way to get people to register DVD's... But the system is obviously flawed...
    Check out my other blog:

• Practically Perfect

When I got Robin Hood it wouldn't even take the code (sounds like the same problem you have with Air Buddies), and I sent out the e-mail. Eventually they did get around to it and I got the points.

I'm not sure what to tell you about the double points for 2 copies of a movie. You may like to know though, you can sometimes get on the site and take surveys to gain extra points...it's another way to get as many points as you can.

• I am number 4 of 999

I won a 3 magazine subscription to Disney Adventures! lol

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by snowsbeau View Post
    And before I step down off of my soapbox, who are the people that are winning stuff in the daily instant winner game that promises 600 winners a day?
    I won a years subscription to Disney's kid magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384 View Post
    I'm not sure what to tell you about the double points for 2 copies of a movie. You may like to know though, you can sometimes get on the site and take surveys to gain extra points...it's another way to get as many points as you can.
    I think they want you to put in the codes for movies you bought, not codes you get from other people. It only seems fair. On VMK you had people playing these games and getting tons of stuff for their rooms. In a way they were cheating the system. The stuff that Movie Rewards is giving away is real stuff, so they don't want anyone cheating the system. I can understand it. As I see it, you are getting basically something for nothing.

• GO DBACKS!!

I won a Fantasy Phone call, or whatever it's called. I think I will give it to my niece for her birthday.

I was bummed as well that even tho I bought two POTC movies they only let me count one. I agree with Snowsbeau, how the heck are you supposed to accumulate enough points to get any of the big stuff? There just aren't enough Disney movies out there offering the points.

I did email them about that and the response I got said something like "well, that's just the way it is". Very helpful...not.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Banned User

I haven't had any problems but then again I used my codes and just forgot all about the silly thing lol.

• I was deleted.

I'm still waiting for the site to recognize me as a US citizen or something because it won't let me even do anything.

• Rawr...

The only problem I've really had is that my Fox and the Hound DVD didn't have a code in it. But as soon as I sent them an e-mail, they let me know that if I sent them my proof of purchase and recipt and they'd give me a code.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!