Howard Morris, R.I.P.

This bit was swiped from www.newsfromme.com

He was a director of TV shows including The Andy Griffith Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Hogan's Heroes, Get Smart and Bewitched, and of feature films, including: With Six You Get Eggroll, Don't Drink the Water and his favorite, Who's Minding the Mint? (But he actually made the real money helming commercials -- hundreds of them, including many of the classics for McDonald's in the sixties. They made one of his many ex-wives very wealthy.)
    He was a voiceover actor, speaking for many characters including Jet Screamer and other roles on The Jetsons, Beetle Bailey, Jughead on the Archie shows, Atom Ant, Mr. Peebles on the Magilla Gorilla show, Wade Duck on Garfield and Friends, and hundreds of others. (But he actually made the real money voicing commercials. Remember the little koala who said he hated Qantas Airlines? That was Howie, and the role made another of his many ex-wives very wealthy.)

He was an on-camera actor, with credits ranging from The Nutty Professor with Jerry Lewis to High Anxiety with Mel Brooks and Splash with Tom Hanks. (But the thing everyone remembers is Ernest T. Bass, the rock-tossing misfit on The Andy Griffith Show.
    According to IMDB he also did voices on Tail Spin, DuckTales and played the voice of "Gopher" in the 1977 Many Adv of Winnie the Pooh, 1968's Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, and in 1966's Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree.

Ok, now HIGH ANXIETY is one of my all time favorate comedies. He played Professor Lilloman. Funny scene is where they (Mel Brooks & Madeline Kahn) break back into the Mental Hospital and go to the Prof's office. Seated in his chair, the swivil it to reveal the Professor eyes wide and mouth open. Dead? Nope. He just sleeps like that. "Scares the heck out of everybody!" Wish this was on DVD.

Another was the classic Mel Brooks HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I, where he played the "*****" Court Spokesman to Dom Deluise's Emperour Cesar.
    Absolutly a scream! That's on DVD and I'll pop that in the player very soon.

He left behind many laughs.

Rest in peace!

• Senior Minion

Wow, this is sad news. this guy has had a huge impact on entertainment.He will be missed. Rest peacefully Howard Morris.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    "Professor Little Old MAN!!!"

Oh, that was soo funny!!!

Sad he's gone....

--Jonathan

• Minion

Man, now Howard Morris is gone too.... what a lousy way to start the week. Vaya con Dios, Howard.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

They always go in Three's. First, Thurl Ravenscroft. Now Howard Morris. I don't mean to be morbid or mean but.... next?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Brown Derby Caricatures

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    They always go in Three's. First, Thurl Ravenscroft. Now Howard Morris. I don't mean to be morbid or mean but.... next?
    Frank Gorshin... comedian, impressionist... remember "The Riddler" from the Adam West "Batman" TV show form the '60's?

Ironically, he was on television just last week, playing himself in a cameo in the C.S.I. season finale (directed by Quentin Tarantino). It was, as it turned out, his final performance.
    "Oh, now there's a surprise! I could have a heart attack and die from not surprised!"
    -Iago, Aladdin