• Disneyland Cast Member

Anaheim the home of Knott's Berry Farm?

So I'm watching the Rose Parade on the Tivo right now and when the Anaheim 150 anniversary year float comes by the hostess of the KTLA show, Michaela Pereira says, "Ananheim of course is the home of Disneyland, the Anaheim Angles and Knott's Berry Farm." Did they move the city limits when midnight struck? Is it just me or does anybody else miss Stephanie Edwards?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Anaheim the home of Knott's Berry Farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd View Post
    So I'm watching the Rose Parade on the Tivo right now and when the Anaheim 150 anniversary year float comes by the hostess of the KTLA show, Michaela Pereira says, "Ananheim of course is the home of Disneyland, the Anaheim Angles and Knott's Berry Farm." Did they move the city limits when midnight struck? Is it just me or does anybody else miss Stephanie Edwards?
    I heard the same thing - and of course officially they're not the Anaheim Angels anymore either but let's not get into that - and yes, I also miss Stephanie Edwards. Bob did a local radio interview - the Tribune people wanted her to be a "sideline" reporter again - and they just couldn't agree on the money - too bad.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disneyland Cast Member

You know I think I figured it out. When the Angeles became the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim we must have gotten Knott's Berry Farm.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

When I was 12 and 13,I spent new years eve by myself on Colorado blvd,watching the drunks waiting for the parade.The first year in 77' Roy Rogers & Dale Evens was GM,then Gerald Ford was in 78'.

• Pirate Girl

I boycotted KTLA because of the loss of Stephanie Edwards. When will they GET that she was the best? Who cares about Bob Eubanks! So this year I watched HGTV's coverage of the rose parade. They were so horrible and made so many mistakes. Santa Fe Springs they called "Santa Fe". The Oak Ridge Boys were the "Oak Ridge Brothers". They said so many stupid things. I never got to see the Louisiana band that George Lucas chose do their dancing thing! Maybe it is worth it to actually go see the parade in person. That way we could avoid innane narration!!!

Aprille

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prillzilla View Post
    I boycotted KTLA because of the loss of Stephanie Edwards. When will they GET that she was the best?
    Aprille
    Couldn't agree more.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disneyland Cast Member

hear hear!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

This discussion about Stephanie Edwards is also on another thread over on Disneyland Resort called No Disneyland unit in the Rose Parade (as of this writing it is on page 3 now). Anyway, I posted this on that thread:

There is a whole movement out there with articles in the newspaper and on blogs regarding the shoddy treatment KTLA management has given to Stephanie Edwards. They treated her badly last year by sitting her in the stands. Of course they had no idea it would rain, but it generated a lot of bad press. Showing class she declined to participate in this years parade because KTLA would not guarantee her hosting duties even from the stands. Bob stated at the end of the parade that his contract was up this year. He now knows first hand what can happen.

Here are some links. I do not have one for the Los Angeles Times but understand they wrote a scathing article about KTLA management and their treatment of Stephanie.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/20...s_she_opte.php
    http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/search/ci_4911241
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1400386.php
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1402856.php

And many blogs out there are writing about this such as this one:

http://www.scriptoriumdaily.com/midd...pidity-of-ktla

In this piece he compares Stephanie to Disneyland and the new host (Michaela Pereira) to Magic Mountain trying to be California Adventure.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    This discussion about Stephanie Edwards is also on another thread over on Disneyland Resort called No Disneyland unit in the Rose Parade (as of this writing it is on page 3 now)
    As I said before, I agree that the loss of Stephanie Edwards is something that really hurt the Tribune Company's (locally KTLA) coverage.

I'm sure that some consultant somewhere or some focus group somewhere said that she was too old or something, or that thet hadn't been "skewing the right younger demos".

That's the wonderful world of broadcasting, folks - and Stephanie's been L-A area television for 35 years that I am aware of, so she knows the business and how it works.

And Michele Pereira (sp) or whatever her name is couldn't carry Stephanie's roses into the broadcast booth, if you know what I mean.

--Barry

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Yes!!!

I also thought the comments made by Bob Eubanks at the end of the parade regarding his contract being up were telling.

• DCA lover

Funny thing is, I will always remember her best from the Lucky supermarket commercials