Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• HersHbe Productions©

Re: Grease: Your the One that I want

GO Derek and Lauren!! The way the producers ended the show was sad and a stiff blow to the heart. "Oh Sandy"...the guy who got voted out, couldn't hold back the emotion. Good show indeed. The format of this show was a success in England with the Sound of Music. Hopefully it flourishes because its not too bad at all. Just tedious at times.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I keep missing the episodes for one reason or another, and NBC is not posting the full episodes since the one with Olivia Newton John. I wonder why. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

• my two sunshines

I thought this show was over - and I wondered who won -

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I keep missing the episodes for one reason or another, and NBC is not posting the full episodes since the one with Olivia Newton John. I wonder why. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
    That's weird. I was scheduled to work some of the Sunday nights when the show was on but I've been watching it live since. I know it takes a few days, about two, before the new episodes go live on NBC rewind.

And on another note, Laura was the favorite of all of the judges on this past "Sandy special" show. Next week is the "Danny special" show.

• HersHbe Productions©

Was Grease on during the Oscar Telecast?

• Princess of my own world

Yeah it was. It was the special "Sandy" show.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• HersHbe Productions©

^^Thank You. If you can tell me; what happened on the show? I would greatly appreciate it. I watched the Oscars and totally forgot to record the program. *kaw*

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinCitrus View Post
    ^^Thank You. If you can tell me; what happened on the show? I would greatly appreciate it. I watched the Oscars and totally forgot to record the program. *kaw*
    Yes, if it isn't on NBC rewind in a few days you can take my explaination.

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full...s/?show=grease

Ashley performed well, but the judges commented on her lack of acting ability.
    Allie did perform well also.
    Laura rocked it. Great performance of Fever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTL5EhPjBME
    Kathleen was in the bottom 2 girls, but was saved again. Over all her perfomance wasn't reviewed well by the judges.

Kate and Kevin were in the bottom two and were eliminated this last show as they weren't saved by the judges and were the least favorite by votes.
    Chad was in the bottom two Dannys and was saved but the judges.

The Dannys danced with the Sandys, but didn't sing. All contestants practiced acting scenes and from what they showed on TV it was a kissing scene which was critiqued by judge Kathleen.

EDIT: Two-Minute Replay of week seven.
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 02-28-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: add link

Laura is still in, Piglet! You must be very happy for her. I think she is going to go all the way. IMHO she is the best.

I am still out on who I like the best out of the Dannys. Austin is always great but Chad is good, too. Max was great this week and the panel seems to love him. It should be interesting next week when one has to go home.

I am such a sap. When Kathleen was singing her end song with the other Sandys, I got a bit teared up. I thought she was better then Allie. Either I need to calm down and not get so emotional over these shows, or I need to get a life. Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post

I am such a sap. When Kathleen was singing her end song with the other Sandys, I got a bit teared up. I thought she was better then Allie. Either I need to calm down and not get so emotional over these shows, or I need to get a life. Probably both.
    You weren't the only one. In the beginning, I wasn't that big a fan of Kathleen, but she was MUCH better than Allie in the sing off last night!!

I think I've had to change my picks for the end of the show...should be Laura and Max...

Kathleen is great but I don't think that Sandy is the right role for her. I think that she would kick *** as Glinda in Wicked!!

As for the Danny's Chad is probably my fav cus he's so good all the way around and he definitely has the "Danny look" but I also really like Max because he just gets so into it and you can tell that he's just having a great time with it.

• Happy Memories

I've been following the show, but not really commenting much. So far the right people have gone home each time in my opinion, though it is getting more and more difficult each time.

Sending Kathleen home this week was the right choice. She was a great singer and actress, but she comes across far too mature for the role. She'd be great for something else. Plus, they have to take into account the fact that she was in the bottom two 3 weeks in a row. That says something about the public opinion. They need someone in the role that the public will want to come and see.

I'm not sure who, of the remaining 3 Sandys I would pick to go all the way.

As for the guys...

Chad-good looking guy, but his skills as a performer aren't as good as some of the other guys.

Austin-Looks great, performs strongly, but i just don't see him in the role. He's a little stiff, and a little too polished. I'd like to see it come across a bit more natural.

Derek-Earlier in the competition it was totally his to lose... and I think he's done just that. two weeks in a row having vocal issues doesn't bode well for trusting someone with 8 shows a week.

Max-Everything the judges have said about him and put him through is spot on, and he's taken their words and done what he needed to do. That's his ultimate strength as I see it. He takes direction very well and does anything and everything they ask of him.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle626 View Post
    You weren't the only one. In the beginning, I wasn't that big a fan of Kathleen, but she was MUCH better than Allie in the sing off last night!!

I think I've had to change my picks for the end of the show...should be Laura and Max...
    Regardless I think it should at least be viewed in this way, she's been the the bottom two TWO times and saved TWO times. Last night was her THIRD. I think that her sing off was the BEST last night, but this is a show where the voters are supposed to pick so they can't just keep saving her each week.

Yes, I'm quite excited for Laura! (Although yoyo HATES Grease and is NOT looking forward to having to go see it this Summer if and when Laura wins.)

As for the Dannys I honestly have no clue. What I do know is that Chad would make a GREAT Link! I thought it before after Austin mentioned he played the role in the traveling Hairspray and then after their comment of him being a teen pop king in a different era made it stick. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Sunday, March 12th was a close one for Austin. I can't believe he was America's least favorite. Out of all the guys, he can sing, dance and act better. (IMHO) I will have to watch this Sunday so I can vote and keep him in the show. I think this next show is the last of the performances. Should be interesting. Oh, and I think Laura is doing a great job. I would like to see her win. If they do not like her color hair, they can always dye it or put a wig on.

Go Austin and Laura!

• I was deleted.

It's called acting and the Sandy will wear two wigs, if not more anyway. (One for Beauty School Dropout and another for the end.) The judges have even said how she hasn't and won't let that stand it her way.

As for Austin, I was surprised too!! I can't believe he was in th bottom but look how the judges saved him and two of them said he was their favorite? Snazzy. Still no one has called Derek their favorite. yoyo thinks that people will vote for at least one of the two the fit the stereotypical look of either John or Travolta so if Laura is the non-stereotypical looking, then Danny has to be? We'll just have to see...

The thing that makes me the most sad is that Austin is a great performer! On NBC.com's site so many viewers have left comments that the judges screwed up because "Austin is so gay" or "Austin can't play Danny because he's gay and we know it!" Um... regardless of if he is or not, he hasn't said so on this show or other places like his own myspace. But it's called acting. If he is gay he wouldn't be the first gay actor. That probably annoys me more than anything right now.

But yay for Laura! My mom was told that NBC added two more shows to the program since it began - which might be why they had a Sandy and then a Danny special. So maybe they'll do that again or some other different type of show. How about one where they don't sing, but they act?!?!! I just know because it moved Laura's maybe marriage plans from this spring back. Not exactly the time to be worrying about marriage plans. It should be fun to see how the next episode goes since the judges can't "save" anyone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast