• ...TWO BITS!

[SPOILER ALERT] Disney On Ice: Disneyland Adventure Review

Reviewing the Disney On Ice: Disneyland Adventure.

[SPOILER ALERT]

So Mickey & Minnie introduces the show. The Parr family gets ready and travels to Disneyland. Once there, they're greeted by CM and get valet service. They're informed they're the grand marshal for the parade. "Dancing in the Street" of Main Street. Fab Five and Chip n Dale make a scene. They try to refuse pointing to families in the audience to be grand marshals, but that doesn't work.

Bob has difficulty remembering that Disneyland is all in fun, there's no real "danger" in the attractions. Mom wants to go to the Tiki Room, but the family refuses. Yes, REFUSES to go in Tiki Room. First attraction is Jungle Cruise. A hint of "Never Smile at a Crocodile" as Bob fights a croc. They see monkeys that come alive with Baloo to "I Wanna be Like You".

Dash goes off for Space Mountain. Blacklit planets and fiber optic stars. A hint of Dick Dale's "Space Mountain" ride music is heard. Buzz gets a flash of fireworks and "flies" down to the ice with pyrotechnics pointed at the ice. Buzz and Dash perform to an original song.

Family goes on "The Mine Train Ride". Yes, folks. They called Big Thunder Mountain Railroad the mine train ride. Bob thought the family was in real danger and breaks the whole ride. They take a break at a Victorian mansion.

The Haunted Mansion that is. Full of blacklit ghosts and clone ghosts. The family realizes they're late for their positions as grand marshals and rush off.

Fantasyland teacups with Mad Hatter, Alice, White Rabbit, Twidle Dee & Dum. They catch the Parr family in the teacups. Then the family continue on.

As the parade undergoes in Main Street, Syndrome's robotic copy and his robots crash the party and kidnap Mickey & Minnie. Syndrome intends to make the magic kingdom in his image. The Parr family arrive to waiting parade watchers. They ask the audience what happened and are informed of Syndrome's evil. They call upon Frozone for help and where to get costumes. Frozone appears and informs them that Edna Mode is in the Costume Dept. And they're off. 45 minutes length.

15 minute INTERMISSION.

As the show starts, they pick an audience member for a trip to Disneyland Resort as part of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disney Parks. And they specifically mention being Pirates and Princesses. The winner just happened to be sitting front row center arena seats...

Edna Mode and her "3 stooges" of helpers make the costumes. Lots of antics here with some "magic". The Incredibles are in costume. Each one gets a solo "fashion model" segment. First Jack Jack, Dash, Violet, Helen, and Bob. Bob danced to "Too Sexy", it was quite funny. Enough of that 10-15 minute distraction, off to save the day.

First stop, It's A Small World where Syndrome reprograms the dolls to say "It's a Syndrome World After All". As the family searches for syndrome, jack jack gets stuck in a windmill. Bob stops the ride, makes it go backwards to get jack jack, then spins it forward really fast. Bob thinks he saw Syndrome's men go into POTC.

In POTC, the pirates act like robots. Bob lets the jailed pirates out. When they leave, the pirates come to life to perform for us. Syndrome reprograms them as the family gets back. Bob tries to remember they weren't real but they are all caught. Syndrome comes in a boat and sends 3 cannonball stations to hurl cannons at the family. Those are caught and Syndrome presents Mickey & Minnie in the jail cell. Syndrome takes his flame launcher and sets the place on fire as they make their escape. Frozone arrives to put it out and they split up once again on their search.

Bob and Helen dance. The kids are bored. They snap to it and find Syndrome at the castle. There he has his robots and laser prisons to keep the mouse couple. He uses his wristband to remote control his army of soliders. Violet uses force field. The family encourage the little kids in the audience with wristbands to press yellow and orange buttons to make the soliders go left and right. It works. Syndrome starts to use the flame thrower when Frozone freezes him. The kids free Mickey & Minnie with of the bottons. Then the other button put back the magic in the magic kingdom. A little "Electrical Parade" here but with "When You Wish Upon A Star" in electromagnetic musical sounds.

"Dancing in the Streets" infront of the castle. Finale Bow. They're off to one last attraction: Tiki Room . 45 minutes length.

THE END.

They still had expensive merchandise and photo op in the lobby & hallways. After the show, they handed out "2fer" ads, coupons to Disney On Ice, and ad for those Wiggles Replacements.

Overall, fun show. Really cool for the kids to be interactive at the climax.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Pantages for The Lion King

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Defying gravity

Re: [SPOILER ALERT] Disney On Ice: Disneyland Adventure Review

When I saw the show, in Texas, it was entitled "The Incredibles in a Magic Kingdom Adventure." I wonder if they changed the title when the show went to California. Even so, the "Magic Kingdom" showed Sleeping Beauty Castle. Although, I don't think most people would notice other than myself. Nice review by the way. I think this was my favorite Disney on Ice show ever!

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I also questioned the title. I knew "Incredibles go to Disney Park". Okay, then I heard 2 different names for the show. I really have no idea why there are different names, are they different shows??

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• I am number 4 of 999

Thumbs up Re: [SPOILER ALERT] Disney On Ice: Disneyland Adventure Review

Mickey and Minnie are seized by Syndrome!

The Incredibles come to save the day!

And save the day they do!

I really liked seeing Mickey and Minnie locked up in POTC and the dog not giving them the keys!!! hah hah hah

I loved this show so much that we saw it twice when it was in town!

• ...TWO BITS!

AWESOME!

I forgot to mention how much I liked the lighting in this show. They really do help tell the story

And I had a seat in the nosebleed section, but since I was *sigh* flying solo, the usher let me sit closer. Because there were plenty of empty seats in the mezzaine and balcony sections.

Thanks for the pics

-Jurassic Park

• Directly directed

That really sounds like a good show! I've seen Disney on Ice every year since I was four except this year, since I've moved and we don't have cool things like Disney on Ice here. which is really sad because it sounds like an awesome show! Thanks for sharing!!!

i honestly think that this show idea would make a great TV movie in cartoon form.

the show though was just ok. first part was boring, but the second part was cool cuz of Syndrome. if he hadn't come in to take over, i would have left.

• Across From DL

Do any of you know why DOI does not hold performances in Florida?

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

It just opened here last night. We had over 8500 and the numbers will go up all week. In October we they had to cancel the Friday AM show and for this it is a go!

Most people seemed to like it...the kids loved it! One parent said it was the worst DOI they ever saw.

After the run here, they decided to STOP giving out the wristbands. Not sure why, though.
    Last edited by Nor Cal Tinkfan; 02-28-2007 at 11:34 AM.