Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

WDW 'Tigger' Accused of Hitting Young Boy

From Cnn.com 1-7-2007

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- A Walt Disney World employee dressed as the character Tigger was accused of hitting a child while posing for a photo, a spokeswoman for the theme park said Saturday.

Park officials temporarily suspended Michael J. Fedelem while they investigate the accusations, Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

"Naturally, physical altercations between cast members and guests are not tolerated," Suarez said.

Jerry Monaco of New Hampshire videotaped his son, Jerry Jr., posing with the costumed character at Disney-MGM Studios on Friday and recorded the confrontation, according to a statement from the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
    Full Story is here http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/07/tigger.ap/index.html
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Huh?

Re: WDW 'Tigger' Accused of Hitting Young Boy

Hmm... with only a fraction of what happened being showed, I'm wondering. Is this more of a "I can't see out of this head!" thing where the paw accidentally hit his head while he was trying to move his arm?
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

That's what it looks like to me.

For those who haven't seen the video it can be watched here
    http://www.local6.com/news/10685989/detail.html
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Huh?

I wouldn't say that video showed only a fraction, but it's kind of hard to figure out what exactly he's doing...

I was expecting a much younger kid. Those reports are making it sound like he was a 5 year old boy whose head's in swinging distance of his hands.

On watching the video... not so sure what's going on now.
    -Tim

Not really sure what is going on here. Something is going on behind Tigger's back to cause him to lock arms with the kid. I think bad things have happened all around. The strenght of the hit I do feel was slightly exagerrated, but still not acceptable if it was deliberate.
    May the force be with you, always.

• love my friends

from what i saw it didnt look like he hit the kid.. it looked like a accidnet.. or playing.. now they will probably sue disney.. hmmmmmmm

Friends for life

• Disney worshipper/geek

I agree, it looks like an accident.

Of course, these people wouldn't leave room for human error. They must be the perfect family that never makes mistakes, right? I am so tired of people having what are basically unrealistic expectations of Disney. The company is made of people and people make mistakes. Do they even have an idea of how the costume is constructed?

Now, I'm just mad...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• World Traveler

It looks like an accident to me.

• love my friends

thats what I thought guys.. it does look like an accident

it looks like he was going to fall or something........

Friends for life

• Professionial LD

I don't know what to think of this. I don't think that the so called punch really doesn't look like a delibarate punch. The kid did not get knocked down to the ground or has any signs of marks or scratches on his face. We will have to see what happens. Very unlikely that the punch was deliberate looks like any accident.
    The Verdict is in on the Mystery in Disneyland V:The Mystery of the Missing Asteroid

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...18#post2114018

The Mystery in Disneyland VI:Big Thunder Town is coming soon.

If anybody is interested in playing in the next Mystery in Disneyland game (VI) send a PM or email to Alex Loup. She will be hosting the next game.

There's so much to consider in this one.

First of all, that boy is no kid. Most kids that age are not putting their arms around Tigger. Maybe they'll pose next to him. To me, it looks like he is grabbing Tigger's arm or something behind him. Watch closely. Something is happening before any hit appears and look at the kids big smirk at that time.

People love to "pick on" characters. Sad but true. Little kids who are just getting old enough love to deliberately pull the tales. I remember someone grabbing a friends crotch to see if Goofy was really a boy or girl.

Many people think they can do whatever they want to the characters to get them to break character.

Did that happen here? Of course we don't know. But if he was legitimately hit, what was the motive? It just doesn't make sense that this character is going to just hit for no reason. Even if he legitimately hit the boy, the boy should say he was taunting the character called him a name, or SOMETHING to show that the character got ticked off and illegally hit him. Even if the kid said he grabbed the arm for fun and the Tigger hit him, but it doesn't make sense that for no reason whatsoever he hit him and thus I think the kid MUST NOT be telling the whole truth.

Now watch closely when the kid is allegedly hit. It appears that he is STILL smiling! Like, "Yes! I pissed him off!"

Kinda strange that the dad is asking the kid how hard he was hit after the cameras are on him. Wouldn't you immediately ask that, or at least ask sometime before a news crew gets there?

I think what happened is the kid did something to provoke "Tigger" and thus Tigger hit him. The dad appears to be a hothead and immediately blew up. All the dad saw was the character hit his perfect son. Now the kid knows he can't possibly tell mad Daddy that he provoked the character. And of course when the news gets there it's even worse. He definitely cannot come out and state that he did anything wrong.

From Disney's point of view, they probably know that the Tigger was provoked, but unfortunately the provoking does not legally allow Tigger to respond by hitting.

But what else bugs me if Disney's response. "We reacted strongly toward him." This is very strange because from a legal standpoint Disney usually knows to act cautiously. They should have said they are investigating it but want to apologize. They are pretty much insinuating that the Tigger guy admitted guilt. Based on my scenario the response Disney gave would have made sense, but from the legal machine that Disney is, the spokespeople should know to not insinuate guilt.

The last thing that bugs me is how mad Daddy says, "You don't come here for this. Disney is supposed to be a safe place." What an idiot. It's one thing if he said that they expect that Disney hires people without tempers to be characters, but his words are more like Disney told Tigger to hit the boy.

You see, no matter how mad the father is, he must know that Disney certainly did not encourage somebody to hit. Unless he is a braindead moron he must realize that Disney might have hired the wrong type of person but certainly this was not intentionally authorized by Disney.

If he does understand this then he would not be making statements insinuating that Disney condones this behavior. Those statements almost makes me think the dad is taking advantage of the situation to try to get money out of Disney.

That's my two cents. Well, two dollars I guess.

• The pride is back.

Meet Disney. Once again the world's biggest target. This looks sooooo rehearsed - "How hard did he hit you son?" (read: "Remember, like we discussed before, and you say how hard he hit you.")

• decorating

To me, looks like he was going to give him a noogie and the kid got it in the face accidentally.
    Dumb dumb kid. Looks like they are just going for $.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

To me it looks like the kids locks arms with him and it also pulling on Tigger's neck. To me, it looked like it wasn't even that bad of a punch (if you can call it that). If that kid really is upset about that, he's got some issues.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

I watched the video.. it looks like the kid is about to fall back and tigger went to reach him with the other hand but in the process of reaching over he accidently whaced the kid in the face. Its hard to see in those costumes. Making a big deal out of nothing... trying to get some money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast