• Master of Suspense

Question What happened to the Travel Channel?

At my house it's channel 54, but that channel has just been static for several weeks. And when I checked on digital cable, it skips right from 53 to 55 on the channel list? Does anyone know what happened to the Travel Channel?

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: What happened to the Travel Channel?

Must be your cable/satellite cuz I still have mine out here in the IE.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I was watching it an hour or so ago, so I'm thinking nothing has happened to the travel channel. You may want to check with your television provider (cable/dish/etc.).

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• love my friends

i have it on my satelitte

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Maybe someone accidentally put it on block?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have it on my cable.

• Still lost in Neverland

It depends on your cable provider. I know here in the San Fernando Valley shortly after Time Warner took over from Adelphia our service not only got cheaper but the digital was complete and then they moved a lot of channels around to group them by catagory. The Travel Channel is alive and well, unless your provider has dropped it but most likely they moved it. Check with them as if they move one channel, they probably added some new stuff and moved other channels as well. They should have notified you of any changes weeks before by notices in the mail (usually sent with the bill) and by announcements on the TV itself.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I can tell you that the Travel Channel is still very much alive and well on DirecTV.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Its just time warner moving it to a higher chan. If you dont have a digital cable box you wont get it. I can only watch that and Animal PLanet in the living room now for it is the only TV that has a Digital cable box...

• Minion

I originally thought this thread was about how crappy and un-travel like the channel has become (Poker Championships?)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Yeah... Time Warner, after it took over for Adelphia, took away Travel Channel and CMT from basic cable. They added the golf channel though!! *rolls eyes* And they're charging more. Oh happy freakin' day.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

It's channel 76 here in Utah, and it still works. I don't know what I would do if they dropped it, I need my daily fix of Sam!

Actually Time Warner here in the East Valley dropped nothing, added several channels, switched some to Digital and put everything into blocks. My monthly bill was cut in half. I get basic cable and then one block free and any other blocks for $5.00 each. I picked the digital block and between that, the basic cable and the largest block for free, everything I watch is there. The service has been excellent and I am thinking of switching over to Road Runner as well because Earthlink was caught today double charging my C/C for the monthly bill and then denying it. My bank caught the error and can prove they have been doing it for the past 4 months. They have been hiding it but got sloppy and were caught and now are attempting to ignore me and deny everything. Tomorrow my bank is launching a Credit Card fraud against them, canceling my C/C because of the fraud and will issue a new one. I have the address and phone numbers of their Atlanta, GA headquarters. I have been with Earthlink since 1998 and have never had a problem now the India based Service Center is stealing my money from me and have been caught doing it. I wonder how many other people they are stealing from. If you are using EarthLink DSL and pay by Credit Card I would cancel that and send a check and also have your bank check your account in detail for double billing each month. Better safe and sorry.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Actually Time Warner here in the East Valley dropped nothing, added several channels, switched some to Digital and put everything into blocks. My monthly bill was cut in half. I get basic cable and then one block free and any other blocks for $5.00 each. I picked the digital block and between that, the basic cable and the largest block for free, everything I watch is there.
    wow... out here in the West Valley they moved those channels, just added that one and basic cable doesn't get any blocks for free! I don't think we can even add a block w/o going digital first.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I already had digital cable from Adelphia and there service was lousy and expensive. The ads that the dish people were running were a scare tactic that now that TW is taking over Adelphia, channels are going to go away, changes are being made and the monthly fee will go up. Only a couple of channels went away and I didn't watch them anyway. The block thing works good for me and the price dropped not quite half.

Now that I am having so many problems with Earthlink DSL and double billing issues with Earthlink I went ahead and got the Road Runner Broadband Self Install kit from Time Warner and plan tomorrow to switch to Road Runner. The self install is a bit more complicated than I thought it would be, but I think I can do it. I will have a new e-mail address and that is what bothers me the most. I will have to go to every site I belong to that uses my email as a password and change that password. I plan to cut Earthlink out of the link ASAP. So far the Time Warner Cable service here in Van Nuys has been so much better than Adelphia and since most of these people have been with Time Warner for years, they know what they are doing. I hope this continues with the broadband hookup and install.

Thank You Poisonedapples