Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Minion

Re: Anyone ever worked at / visited Burbank - Disney HQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorb View Post
    I thought that the statue of Dopey marked where his office was.
    Well that was wishfull thinking...
    Check out my other blog:

• Where's my other cent?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I'm not sure if the buildings housing Disney Online in North Hollywood and The Disney Channel in Burbank are owned by the company. Disney may just be leasing space in both locations.
    Disney owns the Disney Channel building, at least for a little while. They are currently in the process of selling it.

Now I hear that the building is being renamed after Eisner? It's on MiceChat and Wiki. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by 100days View Post
    Now I hear that the building is being renamed after Eisner? It's on MiceChat and Wiki. Is that true?
    Unfortunately, it is.

It makes you want to sell your Disney stock. Doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    the birds and squirrels seem to come straight from "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    Yeah, one time when I was there, a squirrel came up to me. I thought, "oh, cool," then it started climbing my leg.

I think that was the day we got to run around the prop wherehouse. That was a lot of fun.

i went down to burbank a couple days ago. very neat place. i took pictures in front of the building that has the seven dwarfs, the frank wells building and i went to the disney archives, small but very very interesting.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I walked through the Team Disney building once and it was a "rabbit warren" of generic doors and hallways with virtually no way to orient yourself. No communication, just walls and doors and endless cubicles. Occasional images of Walt looked like hunting trophys from the past across from the oversized abstract art. Conflicted and cold, there was little sense of continuity and I felt lost and out of place. No one was wearing nametags either, that was for the rubes in Anaheim. I thought to myself, how could Michael Graves the great Architect do something like this? So austere and frigid? Then it hit me. He had captured the true politic of "Team Disney"! Genius!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

It was great. The legends courtyard was a great place to take pictures of the statues. Its true you can feel the magic there for sure.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    I walked through the Team Disney building once and it was a "rabbit warren" of generic doors and hallways with virtually no way to orient yourself. No communication, just walls and doors and endless cubicles. Occasional images of Walt looked like hunting trophys from the past across from the oversized abstract art. Conflicted and cold, there was little sense of continuity and I felt lost and out of place. No one was wearing nametags either, that was for the rubes in Anaheim. I thought to myself, how could Michael Graves the great Architect do something like this? So austere and frigid? Then it hit me. He had captured the true politic of "Team Disney"! Genius!
    As an owner of an engeering firm in the SF Bay Area told me. Rule number one is to NEVER EVER let a famous person design your office building. I asked him why. He said because they design to impress architects, not the people who actually have to work in the space.
    Check out my other blog:

I agree that the building is confusing - but not the worst. The Rotunda - the dining room on the 6th floor has pretty good food - I believe it is available to VP and guests.

The artwork in some of the halls is really amazing and unique. I have been in (very briefly) the 6th floor conference room and offices. Michael's office was in one wing and it wasn't difficult to get to.

It is an iconic building with a big open atrium in the middle - it is unique and not totally generic.

The Disney Channel bldg is up for sale (or might already be sold). It is overflowing with people since the cable group has gotten so strong and profitable. There are discussions about where to move the group.

Had the pleasure of being a guest of the Mouse last year. It was a lot of fun. Got treated to lunch in the court yard of the Wells building, had a private screening of a film on the lot, got a tour of the studio and even did a little shopping in the studio store.

Cool Re: Anyone ever worked at / visited Burbank - Disney HQ?

Thanks for the photos!

It seems to be that the way things are done at Burbank (the decison making processes) affect the Disney everyone here loves so they deserve our attention and curiosity....

How were decisions made under Walt? Miller? Eisner Decade 1? Decade 2? Iger? Lasseter? Jobs?

Any insights are welcome!

• I was deleted.

I have been there a couple of times. I really enjoyed spending time in the Archives. Last time I was there Dave Smith was editing the new book about Walt Disney (factually editing) that was just recently published, but I was still able to say a nice hello and thank you to him.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A friend of mine works at Disney in Burbank. I have no idea what she does though. LOL!

Must have been fun to meet Dave Smith... would love to look through the archives...

Would be interested to know what your friend does at Burbank... if you have a chance...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12