Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Disney Magic 2008 Summer Cruises (Merged)

It appears the Disney Magic will be back in LA from May to Sept 15 of 2008. Itineraries are not available yet, but they have put in for a permit from the port of LA.

Executive Director's
    Report to the
    Board of Harbor Commissioners
    DATE: DECEMBER 27,2006
    SUBJECT: PROPOSED PERMIT WITH MAGICAL CRUISE COMPANY, LIMITED DBA DISNEY CRUISE LINE

SUMMARY:
    The proposed action will grant Magical Cruise Company, Limited, dba Disney Cruise Line, a permit that will grant berthing of cruise ships to embark and disembark passengers and luggage and provide for storing of ships with goods, wares, fuel, and merchandise at Berths 91-93 at Los Angeles World Cruise Center from May 1,2008 through September 15,2008.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

It is recommended that the Board of Harbor Commissioners:
    1. Adopt the Order authorizing the Executive Director to execute the proposed permit based on the following terms and conditions:

Premises: Nonexclusive preferential or secondary use, as the case may
    be, of approximately 2,800 lineal feet of wharf and associated
    water area at Berths 91-93 B.

Compensation: $285,025 per year, as a minimum total of passenger fees at $6.25 per passenger, with each passenger counted on embarkation and on disembarkation.

Uses:
    Berthing and mooring of vessels, embarking and disembarking of passengers and baggage, and distributing, loading and unloading of goods, wares, and merchandise from vessels.

Term: May 1,2008 through September 15,2008.

2. Authorize the Executive Director to execute and the Board Secretary to attest to the agreement upon Board approval.

DATE: DECEMBER 27,2006 PAGE 2 OF 3

SUBJECT: PROPOSED PERMIT WITH MAGICAL CRUISE COMPANY, LTD. DBA DISNEY. CRUISE LINE
    PREVIOUS BOARD ACTION:

At its meeting of September 15, 2004, the Board of Harbor Commissioners adopted Order 6806 approving short-term Agreement No. 85 1 with Magical Cruise Company. This Agreement was for the period from May 1, 2005, through September 15, 2005, for the nonexclusive, preferential use of Berth 93A & B and adjacent cruise passenger terminals on Saturdays. The agreement set a Minimum Passenger Guarantee of $182,4.16, based on $4.00 passenger fee charged upon embarkation and disembarkation.

DISCUSSION:
    1. Magical Cruise Company, Limited, dba Disney Cruise Lines (DCL), has operated family oriented cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida, to the Caribbean and the Bahamas since 1998. DCL proposes to operate a 1,754-passenger vessel from Los Angeles for weeklong sailings to Mexico beginning in May 2008. The term of the proposed agreement with DCL is for the period from May 1, 2008, through September 15, 2008, for the occupancy of Berths 93A & B on nonexclusive, preferential basis. A minimum guarantee of $285,025 is contained in the Agreement, based on 22,801 passengers at a $6.25 passenger fee. This fee is to include wharfage, dockages and stores, and is to be assessed on both embarking and disembarking passengers. Additional revenue will accrue from all other Tariff No. 4 charges. A layday fee of $7,500 per ship call, terminal operator charges for gangway operations, and other ship related charges are additional compensation. The Port is committed to balancing its operation as the busiest port in the nation and its responsibility as environmental steward. Alternative Maritime Power (AMP) is one result of this effort to reduce emissions in the harbor. Port engineers are currently designing infrastructure required for the implementation of AMP at the cruise terminal. Construction of the AMP structure will not be completed during the term of this Agreement. DCL has agreed to AMP their vessels on future calls when the AMP infrastructure has been completed and is operational. In the meantime, DCL has agreed to use low sulfur fuel and comply with the vessel speed reduction program.

ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT:
    The Director of Environmental Management has determined that the proposed action is exempt from the requirements of the ,California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in accordance with Article 111, Class 1 (14) of thd Los Angeles City CEQA Guidelines.
    DATE: DECEMBER 27,2006
    \
    PAGE 3 OF 3
    SUBJECT: PROPOSED PERMIT WITH MAGICAL CRUISE COMPANY, LTD. DBA DISNEY CRUISE LINE
    FINANCIAL IMPACT:
    This Agreement guarantees the Port a minimum revenue of $285,025 from Disney passengers over the 4%month term. In exchange for this guarantee, the Port will discount the Tariff No. 4 passenger fee from $10.3 1 to $6.25. Additionally, charges will be assessed for each vessel's proportionate' share of terminal operating expenses, gangway charges, and utility services, as well as a lay-day fee of $7,500 per ship call per day (the terminal operator collects the lay-day fee to pay for operating expenses and remits to the Port any remaining balance).

CITY ATTORNEY:

The proposed permit and accompanying Order were prepared and approved as to form by the Office of the City Attorney and the permit was accepted by the tenant.
    TRANSMITTALS:

1. Proposed Permit
    2. Board Order PHILIP A. TONDREAULT
    Director of Real Estate Division
    GER.#DINE KNATZ, P~.D.
    Executive Director

Last edited by Mr. Lightyear999; 01-09-2007 at 03:32 PM.

• World Traveler

Re: Disney Magic Back in LA 2008

Yeah ... maybe this time, I will be able to do a trans-canal with Disney!

We have MC WDW Invasion I, rates for MC WDW Invasion II will be out next week, so anyone up for MC Invasion on DCL Magic for 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    MY BABY's COMIN' HOME!!!!!!

(Sorry for shouting, but I'm seriously filled with extreme joy right now. In fact, I'm almost tempted to get a conga line started around my office.......)
    They brought her back just for you. Can the rest of us go on her though?

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    They brought her back just for you. Can the rest of us go on her though?
    Um, ok. I'll share, I suppose.

Just don't disrespect my boat. If any of you get seasick, hurl it overboard. Don't spoil her decks!

• I'm your huckleberry.

I'm interested to see itineraries and rates for the Alaskan cruises. Could be VERY tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    I'm interested to see itineraries and rates for the Alaskan cruises. Could be VERY tempting.
    Not sure if they're doing Alaska during this next run. The port permit only mentions Mexico.

However, there is a press announcement coming up on January 24th, regarding the cruise line and Disneyland.

I can't wait!

In fact, I'm tempted to play hooky from work that day so I can be there for the big announcement.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Not sure if they're doing Alaska during this next run. The port permit only mentions Mexico.
    Bummer!!! I've never been on a cruise, and would love to have my first cruise experience be on one of the Disney ships. BUT, I have my heart set on sightseeing in Alaska. We'll see which wins out!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'm up for another Disney Cruise to Mexico.....2008! They better watch out for us Micechatters, there just might be a few (sorry DP, you DO have to share)!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• For You!

I think I may have to do this one! Florida cruises are tough just due to the price of airfare!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Colorado Bound?

GottaGoGottaGoGottaGoGottaGoGottaGoGottaGoGottaGoG ottaGoGottaGo

Can't wait to see what the rates are for a family of 3. Gotta start saving up now!
    -AmandasDad

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    They better watch out for us Micechatters, there just might be a few (sorry DP, you DO have to share)!
    Looks like my dream for a "Micechat at Sea" group trip might be coming true!

That would be one big party boat.

• Closed Account

Talking Re: Disney Magic Back in LA 2008

SWEET! Now we can be veteran cruisers and decorate our cabin door like other veteran cruiser uber geeks!

Alaska cruise in summer and Mehico in the winter. Read the main article by Mr. Lutz!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast