•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

There will be no 'THE HOBBIT'?????

Sad days.....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- An escalation in the war of words between New Line co-chairman Bob Shaye and "Lord of the Rings" filmmaker Peter Jackson appears to be nixing any possible reconciliation between the two -- or any chance that Jackson will direct the trilogy's prequel, "The Hobbit."
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Circle of Ancients

Re: There will be no 'THE HOBBIT'?????

I wouldn't want to see The Hobbit with no Peter Jackson involvement. I'd prefer it not even be made if he wasn't involved.

• Still lost in Neverland

What in the world could they be arguing about. Jackson gave them one of the biggest blockbuster, money making epics in film history. What is going on here anyway. How stupid is New Line to do something to Peter Jackson anyway?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Happy Memories

This is no where near the end of this tale. Just another step in the journey. If New Line doesn't put it into production rather quickly, the rights go back to someone else (I forget who at the moment). That person does want Jackson involved. As do other studios and all of the actors. Frankly New Line would be absolutely foolish to try and move ahead on their own. The fans aren't going to accept anything less than what we've already seen and the thought of actors holding out could be disasterous. Either Jackson is gonna make the film (2 films from what I've heard actually), or they won't get made. At least that's my take on the situation. The real question is only when will it happen and might it come together too late to be effective.

• Shablagoo!

Supposedly New Line won't let Peter Jackson's accountants look at the books for the Two Towers and Return of the King. They say they have paid everyone what they are owed, but will not let anyone double check. I doubt New Line will ever make the movie , and even if they do it will suck cause none of the original actors will do it and probably any director worth anything would not want to be near it.

• Circle of Ancients

All of the principle actors who would concievably be in "The Hobbit" (Ian McKellan, etc) have all said they WILL NOT be doing any LOTR related movies without Peter Jackson.

And yes, this is for 2 movies. The Hobbit and another LOTR prequel that is to be after "The Hobbit" but before "Fellowship". This second movie would most likely include other other LOTR actors and they have said they WILL NOT be doing either movie without PJ.

If you look at the LOTR fan sites (the BIGGEST supporters of the LOTR movies) they have all OVERWHELMINGLY said they will not support any movie without PJ. And anybody who has seen the LOTR movies knows that the LOTR fans were instrumental in getting these movies made. So much so that the clubs were included in the credits of all 3 films.