Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Exclamation CEO Iger gets $15 million bonus at Disney - MarketWatch, 1/12/07

MarketWatch, 1/12/07
    CEO Iger gets $15 million bonus at Disney

By Russ Britt

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger received a $15 million bonus on top of his $2 million salary for 2006, the company said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Friday. Iger's annual package also includes $4.3 million in vested stock payouts and $660,935 in other annual compensation. Iger is coming off what many consider to be a highly successful year for Disney as the successor to Michael Eisner renewed partnerships and boosted the company's stock price.
    Full Story: CEO Iger gets $15 million bonus at Disney

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: CEO Iger gets $15 million bonus at Disney - MarketWatch, 1/12/07

This must be why Tomorrowland still looks the way it does....

• Fastest Man Alive

I wonder much more productive CMs would be if they got bonuses equal to 7 1/2 times their annual wage for doing a good job?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

17 million and change.

What did they say in the other forum?

It's GOOD to be the king!

Funny I didn't see any official statement from Bob Iger thanking all the hard working CM who have been laidoff since he took over or the ones yet to be let go. Plus it looks like he bought Pixar from a seedy CEO who also just happens to be the largest stock holder of Disney.

• time to go

How can executives like Iger look themselves in the mirror each morning, when their employees in the bottom tier continue to earn wages below the poverty line? Not to mention the massive turnover rate of said employees?

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why this man is deserving of a $15 million bonus. Purchasing Pixar was a no-brainer. Not exactly Nobel Prize worthy.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Santa Barbara, CA

Only 15??? He deserves way more!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    Only 15??? He deserves way more!
    I think the shock of laminated menus at BB fried your brain.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    How can executives like Iger look themselves in the mirror each morning, when their employees in the bottom tier continue to earn wages below the poverty line? Not to mention the massive turnover rate of said employees?

I'm sorry, but I fail to see why this man is deserving of a $15 million bonus. Purchasing Pixar was a no-brainer. Not exactly Nobel Prize worthy.
    I agree...
    Even though he's better than Eisner it amazes me that cast member's (who put up with all of the BS from customers) make chump change and can barely afford rent but these executives take home these huge bonuses! Man give some of that back to the employees so EVERYONE is happy!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

You know, you're all right. Since Bob just waltzed into the executive offices at Disney one day and they handed him $15 million, I say that's outrageous. After all, the only thing he did was graduate from college magna cum laude then spend the next 30 years working for the same company, taking the first 11 to learn the ropes of the TV industry where job security is mostly a rumor--and leapfrogging young execs with bigger degrees from fancier colleges along the way. Then he survived two changes in ownership and 5+ years working in the shadow of Michael Eisner, the most arrogant jerk corporate America ever produced. Then he took over a corporation that, although profitable, was in the throes of the worst PR disaster it had ever seen. All he did after that was mend fences left and right with people and companies his predecessor had alienated, restore respectability to the company and see it through its most financially successful year ever.

But wait. Tomorrowland still sucks. He doesn't deserve a penny.

Tell you what peeps, you put in the time and effort Bob Iger has, and in thirty years you can take your fat bonus and give it back to all the minimum wage earners who slave for you. I know you'll all be eager to do it seeing how selfless and idealistic you are.

As long as they don't pull an Enron and rape their employees, I don't begrudge any corporate executive for making the kind of money they make. We should all be so lucky.

Good for you Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    You know, you're all right. Since Bob just waltzed into the executive offices at Disney one day and they handed him $15 million, I say that's outrageous. After all, the only thing he did was graduate from college magna cum laude then spend the next 30 years working for the same company, taking the first 11 to learn the ropes of the TV industry where job security is mostly a rumor--and leapfrogging young execs with bigger degrees from fancier colleges along the way. Then he survived two changes in ownership and 5+ years working in the shadow of Michael Eisner, the most arrogant jerk corporate America ever produced. Then he took over a corporation that, although profitable, was in the throes of the worst PR disaster it had ever seen. All he did after that was mend fences left and right with people and companies his predecessor had alienated, restore respectability to the company and see it through its most financially successful year ever.

But wait. Tomorrowland still sucks. He doesn't deserve a penny.

Tell you what peeps, you put in the time and effort Bob Iger has, and in thirty years you can take your fat bonus and give it back to all the minimum wage earners who slave for you. I know you'll all be eager to do it seeing how selfless and idealistic you are.

As long as they don't pull an Enron and rape their employees, I don't begrudge any corporate executive for making the kind of money they make. We should all be so lucky.

Good for you Bob.
    Well we can all have different opinions and still love one another.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985 View Post
    Well we can all have different opinions and still love one another.
    I could love you all for $15 million.

• Minion

Blog Entries

just wait, min wage increase guys! if they don't pay you more, just get everyone you know that works there to strike, i think we can give up disneyland for a few days to help benefit our lovely cast *even if they all look like they don't want to be there, personal experiences from the 7-9 let me say that*

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    just wait, min wage increase guys! if they don't pay you more, just get everyone you know that works there to strike, i think we can give up disneyland for a few days to help benefit our lovely cast *even if they all look like they don't want to be there, personal experiences from the 7-9 let me say that*
    Striking because Iger got a big bonus is ludicrous. Most Disney CMs are in Unions with No Strike Clauses, so if they strike they can be fired. Further, I feel very very few MiceChatters will go along and support such a silly strike.

• Minion

No question Iger earned his position at Disney. No question he paid his dues. I respect him and admire him for what he's done. Still, that amount of compensation is out of line. I guess the only thing that bothers me more than top execs being overpaid are top execs who ruin, or nearly ruin a company, get fired and walk away with a massive severence package. Gil Amelio anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast