• Delawarean Girl

Walt Disney's Legacy Collection

This thread is for disscussing about the Walt Disney's Legacy collection. Do you like any Walt Disney's Legacy DVD's you have gotten so far? Are you looking forward to the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit one to come out just like? Tell us what you think of them.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 01-30-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Had to be change. Since a rumour wrote in before was untrue. But this thread can still live on.

• Infinitized!

Re: Walt Disney's Legacy Collection

Is the Walt Disney's Legacy's Disneyland Secret Stories and Magic replacing this one? :
    http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Sec...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Is the Walt Disney's Legacy's Disneyland Secret Stories and Magic replacing this one? :

Interesting. *scratches my head on this one* I want to say maybe; since the Legacy one is still saying "Coming Soon" on the Legacy page. But I'm not possitive of my answer here; sorry.

Maybe once the Legacy collection comes out. I will have more knownledge.

• Sock Puppet

To me the Legacy collection already looks like a dumping ground for whatever "special projects" come up that the execs want released but the Home Video guys don't think there's a market for. I hope I'm wrong.

In any case, stopping the Treasures series three volumes from completing the theatrical shorts library is just cruel. I'm kind of perplexed that the Disney fan community isn't more upset about this. As one guy posted on another board, it's like they sold us an encyclopedia set one volume at a time, then announced they were stopping at "T".

• Huh?

I'm not too saddened by not all of the shorts appearing yet. Mostly because the Treasures aren't the only place that they'll probably be released. Especially if the Legacy collection is taking over.

And, truthfully, the Legacy collection so far looks to be a great set. Really, if we were to have the True Life Adventures on the Treasures, it probably would have been one or two volumes that are "best of" collections. Legacy seems to be putting out everything there is available of something and make the most of it, whether it be just one short or a series of movies. I'm pretty sure Destino would've only been a bonus on a Treasures and not a 2 disc tin dedicated to it.

I'm just not sure I'm liking the packaging of the Legacy series. Nice and unique, but hardly functional.
    -Tim

• Delawarean Girl

I would have to see one first before I open my mouth. I'm waiting for the Oswald one to come out. I really hope that one comes out really "Soon" as it says.

But I'm sure I'll like it.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 01-15-2007 at 04:02 PM.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

The Oswald DVD should prove to be interesting now that they have the rights to that lucky rabbit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

That's my guess. And I hope so, since I've been waiting for that DVD forever.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Still lost in Neverland

I sent an e-mail to Disney Video and this is the reply I received from them this morning:

Bruce,

Thank you for your email regarding SECRETS, STORIES, AND MAGIC OF THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH and DESTINO. We value your interest in Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

At this time, we do not have a DVD release date for these titles.

We will forward your request for release to our Marketing Department for consideration.

Please visit our website at www.disneydvd.com for a list of titles that are currently available and to check for new DVD announcements from Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at (800) 723-4763 (Canada: 888 877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Home Entertainment Consumer Relations

US and Canada

Kind of sounds to me like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, again.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Delawarean Girl

I do hopes they come out real soon. Thanks for the information Lost Boy.

• Dark Side Baddie

Take a look at any of the True-Life Adventure releases, particularly at the cards that the CDs rest on. Along with the True-Life logo, you will see the following: Destino, Oswald, and Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic.

The official Legacy web site lists the disc as "coming soon" as well.

• Drunk On Disney

FYI:
    First things first today: I've got GREAT news for you Disney fans. I've just confirmed this morning with Buena Vista Home Entertainment that their much loved Walt Disney Treasures line of DVDs has NOT been cancelled. In fact, I'm told that at least a couple more waves of releases in the line are planned, with the next due in time for the holidays this year. We'll post additional details as they become available, but rest assured this news comes straight from the studio and it's the real deal. So there you go, folks!

Source:
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

• Super saucy pixie!

Oh great! God I hope that's true! I would really, really miss those Treasures if they were discontinued! They've become a Christmas staple, and something I look forward to every year!

• Delawarean Girl

Yes, I do hope it's true also.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Oh great! God I hope that's true! I would really, really miss those Treasures if they were discontinued! They've become a Christmas staple, and something I look forward to every year!
    I agree.