View Poll Results: Who is America's next American Idol?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Richardson

5 4.59%
  • Melinda Doolittle

40 36.70%
  • Chris Sligh

3 2.75%
  • Lakisha

7 6.42%
  • Sanjaya Malakar

16 14.68%
  • Blake

26 23.85%
  • Hayley Scarnado

1 0.92%
  • Gina Glockson

3 2.75%
  • Phil Stacey

4 3.67%
  • Jordan

31 28.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast

• love my friends

Re: American Idol Season 6 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I think tonights show was pretty bad .

hmmmmmmmm maybe i shouldnt watch it then

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Diana Ross is probably regretting letting them use her songs .

• Original Mice-Chatter

Just let Melinda and LaKisha sing- they give me goosebumps!

• Minion

All I know is that Ryan Seacrest had a head-on collision with the Zinger Express. Zing Zing Zing!

Sonjaya just BUTCHERED the song! Millions died tonight! It was a slaughter!!!

Ohh, the humanity!!!!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas View Post
    Sonjaya just BUTCHERED the song! Millions died tonight! It was a slaughter!!!

Ohh, the humanity!!!!
    I dont like sonjaya at all.. but i thought tonight he sang better than he normally does

Friends for life

• love my friends

Just saw Jordan sing.. I think she was fantastic tonight.. I really did

Friends for life

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Sanjaya just needs confidence. He can sit but he won't LET himself sing! I hope he improves and tries next year!
    Most people were meh.
    Melinda and the larger girl hit it out the park.
    I think Blake is more Justin Timberlake than that other Chris.
    But curly Chris wasn't so good
    Many nerves. Quite a few peeps are on the edge!!
    Oh but Gina rocked it! She did still mumble and drop the ends of phrases though
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

I thought it was a pretty good show. Randy just bugs me more and more each week. It's like he decided that Simon was getting all the attention so he is going to be more negative or something.

All the gilrls were good excpet for Hayley. She needs to get a hold of her nerves.
    Gina needs to take that thing out of her tongue so she we can understand her!

I was disappointed with both Brandon and Chris, hopefully next week will be better.

Sanjaya needs to go home but I am afraid it is going to be Hayley.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

So....I think it stinks that they force these singers to choose from a set of songs that they aren't really meant to sing, or even have an interest in singing. I mean...when you look at last year...BARRY MANILOW? Who, except Barry Manilow, is going to sound good singing "Barry Manilow?"

Same thing tonight. Except for Melinda and Lakeisha, most everyone else just couldn't get the right feel for each tune. You could tell Randy was just trying to tell EVERYONE "Hey....You're not Diana Ross." Well...thank you Randy for having such a keen grasp on the obvious.

I like the idea of giving them themes. But the idea of FORCING them to sing a tune which is 100% wrong for them is just criminal.

My breakdown of the night:

Brandon = Nervous and didn't do a whole lot.

Melinda = Home run.

Chris S. = Big mistake with that "arrangement." As a young writer he would do well to ask the main guys in the band to do the arranging and ask for their input. That particular groove was NOT working at all.

Gina - Pushed quite a bit on the top, but not bad overall.

Sanjaya = Blech

Haley = I thought tonight was one of her best except for the fact that she got lost. Good tune for her. She's got an Olivia Newton John thing going on with her voice. She might actually be back next week.

Chris R = My vote for worst of the night. Yes....worse than Sanjaya and that's saying a lot. This kid has bugged me since day one. At least Simon made the right call tonight.

Phil = Not his best, but didn't suck.

Lakeisha - God Bless the Child was a brilliant choice. I know Billy Holiday sings it very laid back, but I felt that Lakeisha could have wound up and gone up with this tune. This lady has great chops.

Blake - Same problem as Chris S. Once he changed the arrangement it got really boring really fast.

Jordin = Has a nice head tone on lighter sections, but pushed quite a bit on the top when she wound up. You could hear the nerves in her voice tonight.

Sadly, I think Sajaya might be around for the next couple of weeks as Vote For The Worst is voting for him. Unless the producers are tired of him. We'll find out tomorrow.

Stephanie wasn't that bad, but I had a tough time remembering her. I think she might be toast.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Just let Melinda and LaKisha sing- they give me goosebumps!
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, Nephy. Overall, I think that the guys this year are just out-classed as a group....the only way they win is if the girls watching flood the phones because they think Sanjaya's cute, or they swoon over one of the other ones.

As others have said, Melinda and LaKisha are miles ahead of the pack.

Chris, you're still my favorite among the guys...(which places you like fifth overall on my list). But you really blew it tonight...and please, don't blame the arrangement. You did not perform. Please.

Whether it's right or not to make the contestants sing a certain artist's songs, you've got to play the cards that are dealt with you.

The message here is...if you're going to mess with the melody or tempo of a great classic tune, you'd better be sure to knock it out of the park, or it will cost you.

--Barry

PS...Is there a limit to the number of times one viewer can vote? Doesn't seem to be as far as I can tell...
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 03-13-2007 at 11:09 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• my two sunshines

First - what is the theme next week? Is it 60s British Invasion?

Here's my take:

Gina - I just don't like her - I really think this 'rocker' thing is so forced - she reminds me of a Joan Jet wannabe - and your right about the thing in her tongue, she mumbles the words

Hayley - Not bad, not good, she does remind me of an Olivia Newton John type singer - top 40 middle of the road type singer - she'll do well on the cruise ship circut! LOL

Jordin - Not bad, but pitchy (dog! LOL)she was hitting a lot of the wrong notes and had problems at the end - and I totally disagree with her being in the top 3

Lakisha - nothing to say about her - she's awesome and will remain so

Blake - I like Blake, he brings a modern edge to everything - he'll stick around, he's got a good personality and I can see him doing a lot in the future, he has a lot of talent and a good ear

Brandon - forgettable

Chris R - another forgettable performance, he brings nothing to the table

Chris S - not his best, and he needs the glasses! He's strong and he's got a good ear, I hope he sticks around for a long time

Melinda - forgettable - have no interest in her at all - I liked the girl that got voted out last week sooooo much better! (and it's not Antonella! LOL)

Melinda - didn't like the song choice and I don't think she'll win unless she shows a personality - I'm already tired of the 'I'm not good enough' line

Phil S - To another forgettable performance, but then I've never really liked him

Sanajay - and poor Sanajay - that hair! two earrings - I thought it was his sister! He shouldn't be in the top 12 at all

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, Nephy. Overall, I think that the guys this year are just out-classed as a group....the only way they win is if the girls watching flood the phones because they think Sanjaya's cute, or they swoon over one of the other ones.

As others have said, Melinda and LaKisha are miles ahead of the pack.

Chris, you're still my favorite among the guys...(which places you like fifth overall on my list). But you really blew it tonight...and please, don't blame the arrangement. You did not perform. Please.

Whether it's right or not to make the contestants sing a certain artist's songs, you've got to play the cards that are dealt with you.

The message here is...if you're going to mess with the melody or tempo of a great classic tune, you'd better be sure to knock it out of the park, or it will cost you.

--Barry

PS...Is there a limit to the number of times one viewer can vote? Doesn't seem to be as far as I can tell...
    no barry you can vote as much as you want. (but that is if you can get thru) it can be so busy.. those phone lines

Friends for life

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Melinda - didn't like the song choice and I don't think she'll win unless she shows a personality - I'm already tired of the 'I'm not good enough' line
    I agree, the whole "OMG, I can't belive you like me" thing is getting a little old. She needs to show some confidence in herself.
    Last edited by Goin2DL; 03-14-2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: I can't spell ;)

• Space Mountain Expert

it's a struggle in my house because the wife loves Melinda more than life itself and I'm going for LaKisha to win it all.
    They both did fantastic last night and I stayed up later than my wife voting for KiKi.... sooooo
    regardless, as long as neither go home tonight, we're still cheering!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking