• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Lindsay Lohan enters rehab

Breaking News

Lindsay Lohan Enters Rehab

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 17, 2007 06:40 PM EST
    WEDNESDAY JANUARY 17, 2007 07:25 PM EST UPDATED

Lindsay Lohan Photo by: RE / Westcom / starmax
    Lindsay Lohan has checked into rehab, she said in a statement Wednesday.

"I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health," the star said in her statement. "I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time."

A source close to the actress tells PEOPLE: "Lindsay is in a very positive frame of mind and is looking forward to making a positive change in her life."

In December, a rep for the 20-year-old actress told PEOPLE that her client was attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. Later that month, Lohan revealed that she had been in AA for a year, and said she generally feels better when she's not drinking.

"I was going out too much and I knew that, and I have more to live for than that," she told PEOPLE.

Prior to December, however, Lohan dismissed critics who said she was partying too often. In November, she told Oprah Winfrey that she is not a party girl, adding, "Is it a crime to go dancing with your friends?"

Over the summer, James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions blasted the star for being absent from the set of her movie Georgia Rule and blamed her "heavy partying" for the behavior.

Lohan's mother Dina quickly shot back, saying the media mogul was "way out of line." Lohan was briefly hospitalized at the time for being "overheated and dehydrated," according to her rep.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...008812,00.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• For You!

Re: Lindsay Lohan enters rehab

I thought she went into rehab a while back. Oh well, I hope she gets her act together.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Queen of Sarcasm

I love how her mom is always making her excuses for her. I hope she is serious about it this time and is not doing it as a twisted way for publicity like Brandon Davis.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

So not surprised. I was sure this would happen sooner or later. I guess the liver damage helped sway her.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Man O Lantern

It's like deja vu all over again.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

yeah, this'll last.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

There are a number of adults around her making alot money from their association with her (including her mommy). Taking actual care of their "golden goose" is the very least they can do at this juncture.

She is yet another kid in show business (with a high school education) that has worked hard and become a multi-millionaire with far too many opportunities and far too little intelligent guidance. Good luck to her.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Her rehab would be successful if she stopped hanging around Ms. Hilton and Ms. Spears, and others....AFTER she completes rehab.

• Directly directed

I think we should be more sympathetic toward poor Lindsay. She's had such a rough time; not knowing the definition of anonymous, clearly having another definition of "party girl" than everyone else, using the word "overtired" instead of hungover... Maybe someone should just buy her a dictionary.

• Gay Man

One has to do more than attend AA meetings and go to rehab. One must actually QUIT drinking for these other actions to be effective. She'll get it eventually - I hope. It is something she'll have to deal with for the rest of her life and it's not easy being sober - especially in Hollywood. As long as she keeps trying, she's making progress. It's progress, not perfection, right?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I think people are being too easy on her. think about this, she's 20, and everybody knows she drinks...but how many times has been arrested for underage drinking? How many articles have you even seen on the subject? she positioned herself as a teen idol....then, she should take that position seriously and make herself a positive role model. This includes wearing underwear and not making a idiot out of yourself on a regular basis.

• Queen of Sarcasm

True but look at the people she parties with. Along with trying to clean yourself up one of the things that helps is having people by your side that follow the same beat of the drum that you are trying to follow. If she really wants to change her ways she needs to find a new group of friends.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I'm not surprised but what happened to last time?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Its easy for us poor slobs to judge her, but she has led a very different life than the rest of us. Most of us were not exposed to money and partying the way she was. With the drama between her parents, it is pretty obvious to me that they have never had her best interests at heart and she probably has never had the guidance she needed.

Hopefully she can get that now.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    she positioned herself as a teen idol....then, she should take that position seriously and make herself a positive role model. This includes wearing underwear and not making a idiot out of yourself on a regular basis.
    Yes, but in addition to being a role model, she's an alcoholic. Not many teens want to grow p to be a bag lady. I think taking care of the problem is one of the best things a role model can do. Because, if she keeps drinking, she will end up a bag lady - or just a dead ex-star (or both).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast